• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spirit Alirlines ?

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't find any posts.

Right now seems the only way to get to Ft Lauderdale direct from Providence. Would prefer Manchester, but hey.

However, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Google searching gives mixed reviews.

The price and timing are right.

Flo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've used them many times from Myrtle Beach to Atlantic City. It's a quick flight and we've encountered no problems. Get on their email list and you'll get their specials-and now they just started a frequent flyer plan. The prices do bounce around a lot!

Iwant2gonow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Mountain View at Crown Ridge
I have used Spirit quite a few timew from NJ to Orlando. They are totally a no frills airline, but they are fine and the price is usually very good. I do advise to check in early as possible though since they do not assign seats until you arrive at the airport. I did not know this the first time that I flew with them and had to sit in the very back where it was extremely loud!

Bruce W

TUG Member
Reaction score
Online checkin

Spirit allows you to choose your seats when you book your reservations on-line. They also have been very good in notifying about any changes in schedules, as well as reminding you to check in and print out your boarding passes up to ( I think) 24 hours before your flights.

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've used Spirit often to travel between DTW and DCA/or TPA. Ususally good prices (sometimes GREAT prices) and similar service when comparing to the larger airlines.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use Spirit whenever they are going to my destination , mainly because AC airport is only about 25 min from my house. You cannot choose your seat online for an international flight (Cancun).

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, I think I'll give them a whirl.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another service from Spirit

I am flying to and from Cancun on Spirit the end of April and have had my ressies for a couple of months. I was out all day today and when I returned home there was a voice message on my phone to call Spirit re my return because there is a schedule change. There was a # to call and a reminder to have my ressie # handy. I called and found out I am leaving Cancun 1 hr 20 min later and a stop over in Ft Lauderdale.

When I logged on to my compuer and checked my email, there was a new schedule printed and all I had to do was print it.

Good service for a low fare airline, I think. In case I missed one message, I had a backup. :)

Iwant2gonow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Mountain View at Crown Ridge
that's gr8. what kind of price did you get from SJ to Cancun and how far out did you book?

bustash

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've flown an Spirit a few times from Tampa to Atlantic City. Never any problems. They do, however, change flight times without letting you know so be sure to check to see if your flight time is correct.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Iwant2gonow said:
that's gr8. what kind of price did you get from SJ to Cancun and how far out did you book?

I made my original ressies on 1/23 for $204 each way plus $98.83 total tax. At a later time (unknown) there was a sale for the date of my return for $79.60. For $40 I changed my return ticket. I'm happy.

What is gr8?

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing about Spirit if you're using them to get to a Caribbean-type destination (Cancun, Grand Cayman, Santo Domingo, etc.)

Probably you will have a change of plane in Ft Lauderdale, and probably your flight out of Ft Lauderdale is the only one of the day going to your Caribbean destination.

So last year, our flight out of Providence was delayed an hour ('problem with the equipment'), so we missed our connection, so we spent 23 hours in the Ft. Lauderdale area. We did get a free-flight coupon that we used for a later trip, though.

Indea88

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the best kept secrets in our area, curb side check in, low key quiet airport. Seat selection available on line, Sign up for their e-mail and they will send you price alerts. They are higher then southwest but I found them convenient, safe and on time. ( They do change flight times often by a few hours so you always have to check before departure.) My sister was a flight attendent with them, ex military pilots, great safety record. ;) www.cruisecrates.com :)