• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spinnaker at shipyard Hilton head - Rip Off - How can I get rid of this time sure without having to pay an attorney

Laura2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker at shipyard
I am a fourth generation owning a week at Spinnaker at shipyard it is excessively expensive for a place I don’t use and can’t get rid of.
we are being assessed $1500 for plumbing issues? I asked the gentleman how plumbing issues in one two bedroom townhouse can exceed $77,896? he had all kinds of excuses I told him I was in the business and if I had a property that needed $77,000 worth of plumbing issues I tear the building down. How can I get rid of this timeshare without having to pay an attorney?

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Seeing this is your first post, welcome to TUG!

May I suggest that before you attempt to get rid of this property, if I were in your position I would be asking the same questions as well. Have you received official notices from resort management confirming this special assessment? Are these changes related to any recent storm damage? If so, has resort management disclosed the status of any (and all) insurance claim activity?

A few years ago, we were hit with a special assessment from La Costa Beach Club after a hurricane AND some other (non related) events. I didn't like the fact of the special assessment, but management did do a solid job of explaining why the assessment was needed, how it would be collected, (and most importantly) how it would be used. Owners could watch progress via a Facebook page. Has your resort management made any similar attempts? If not, I would suggest calling and demanding proof of the necessary expenses. Competent resort management should be very willing to cooperate with such a request.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a fourth generation owning a week at Spinnaker at shipyard it is excessively expensive for a place I don’t use and can’t get rid of.
we are being assessed $1500 for plumbing issues? I asked the gentleman how plumbing issues in one two bedroom townhouse can exceed $77,896? he had all kinds of excuses I told him I was in the business and if I had a property that needed $77,000 worth of plumbing issues I tear the building down. How can I get rid of this timeshare without having to pay an attorney?

You can check with the Management to see if they would allow you to Deed the week back and then it would become their problem and not yours.

Another option would be for you to advertise your week right here on TUG and see if you get any takers. TUG does have a classification where you can give away your week at no charge. Sweeten the pot by offering a free closing or maintenance fees for the first year. The key is to get the unit out of your name so it no longer is an ongoing expense.

Best of luck!

Laura2020

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker at shipyard
Seeing this is your first post, welcome to TUG!

May I suggest that before you attempt to get rid of this property, if I were in your position I would be asking the same questions as well. Have you received official notices from resort management confirming this special assessment? Are these changes related to any recent storm damage? If so, has resort management disclosed the status of any (and all) insurance claim activity?

A few years ago, we were hit with a special assessment from La Costa Beach Club after a hurricane AND some other (non related) events. I didn't like the fact of the special assessment, but management did do a solid job of explaining why the assessment was needed, how it would be collected, (and most importantly) how it would be used. Owners could watch progress via a Facebook page. Has your resort management made any similar attempts? If not, I would suggest calling and demanding proof of the necessary expenses. Competent resort management should be very willing to cooperate with such a request.
Thanks,
The special assessment is for plumbing issues, nothing to do with storm damage, but for a two bedroom two bathroom townhome assessing one week times 52 weeks for plumbing is extremely excessive. I don’t care for Hilton head I’m not a golfer, and at this point I’ve been paying for something I don’t use. I just want to get rid of it

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the whole resort have plumbing problems? There are not that many villas at Spinnaker at Shipyard Plantation.

Okraboy007

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater Resort and Marina Hilton Head Island SC
Thanks,
The special assessment is for plumbing issues, nothing to do with storm damage, but for a two bedroom two bathroom townhome assessing one week times 52 weeks for plumbing is extremely excessive. I don’t care for Hilton head I’m not a golfer, and at this point I’ve been paying for something I don’t use. I just want to get rid of it
Well, I am new to TUG but not new to Spinnaker. I have NEVER in 23 YEARS heard of such issues at Spinnaker. YOU MAY BE GETTING SCAMMED BY A THIRD PARTY. I HOPE YOU DIDNT PAY IT. First of all, they would send out a letter to ALL OWNERS at That Resort. Second, OWNER SERVICES handles all such matters so email them. Third, plumbing issues are generally paid in your annual dues and covered and THEY provide plumbing repairs at all their units in every resort they own. I had a minor issue once and called and a plumber showed up within an hour, fixed it, and left. NO CHARGE. Spinnaker IS VERY REPUTABLE. THE DEVELOPER WORKED HARD OVER 40 YEARS to build that reputation. PLEASE DONT PAY IT. IF YOU DID, THEN DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FROM MANAGEMENT AND ASK WHY IT WASNT COVERED IN ANNUAL DUES. BUT I REALLY THINK YOU GOT SCAMMED BY A THIRD PARTY.

Fourth, Spinnaker quietly does buybacks in situations. Depending on the situation and in some cases refunds. People who want out after usage should NOT dump it and do a deed back. Spinnaker and all timeshare companies will just resell it for profit. That is legal. YOU gave it up, they can resell it. DONT DO THAT. Its better to give the property to a relative and let them use it, and let them rent it. SPINNAKER HAS A RENTAL PROGRAM. I HAVE USED IT SUCCESSFULLY. They charge a hefty fee, but they get it rented and cut me a check for the difference. I own multiple weeks and LOVE my resort. Fourth, at some point the Developer (who is elderly) will sell the Company if his kids dont run it. And the NEW OWNER (a major company, for example) may well want your DEEDED weeks so they can convert them to points and PAY YOU for your deed. HOLD ONTO YOUR DEEDS PEOPLE! I WILL NEVER SELL EXCEPT TO A NEW OWNER OF SPINNAKER RESORTS and I will ask a PREMIUM PRICE to give up my deed. I once gave up a week at Massanutten Virginia (nice resort actually), and Spinnaker gave me full credit for my purchase price on a Bluewater week, then I went back to my resort in Virginia and gave them a clean deed, quit claim, and THEY PAID ME 1,500.00. They then resold it. But I got ALL my money out of it, in an accounting sense through Bluewater purchase (sort of a discount on the asking price).

I will leave my deeded weeks to my kids in my will if Spinnaker is never sold.

FIFTH, you can travel with that deeded week. TO ANY SPINNAKER RESORT. Reservations will let you move it to another week, to another INTERNAL SPINNAKER RESORT, or you can bank it with RCI or Interval depending on which company has that contract. Bluewater is Interval. Spinnaker wants HAPPY owners and will bend over backwards to accommodate you. YOU ONLY HAVE TO ASK AND BE FRIENDLY. BEING RUDE GETS YOU TOUGH DEALINGS. A deeded week is an ASSET. Yes you have annual dues but you have taxes and utilities and upkeep and such at your personal home. This is no different.

SIXTH, go to a sales presentation at Spinnaker and ASK THEM TO MOVE YOUR WEEK. THEY MAY ACCCOMMODATE YOU, UPGRADE YOU, MOVE YOU TO ANOTHER RESORT ON HILTON HEAD, and all sorts of possibilities. It likely wont be free but it wont be a FEBRUARY WEEK. BTW, I was at BLUEWATER IN JANUARY ON A DEVELOPERS BONUS WEEK (heavy discount) and the island was HOPPING and it was lovely. A bit chilly, but nice weather and very relaxing.

WHEN I SEE PEOPLE DUMPING DEEDS AND PAYING TO GET OUT and CLAIMING THEY GOT RIPPED OFF I CRINGE AND THEN TELL THEM HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS AND THE BENEFITS. YES ELDERLY cant always travel. BUT FAMILY CAN ALWAYS USE THAT WEEK NO PROBLEM. JUST TELL RESERVATIONS. AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO USE IT OR MOVE THE RESERVATION, I DONT UNDERSTAND, but then RENT IT THROUGH SPINNAKERS RENTAL PROGRAM. OR GO TO ORMOND BEACH ON INTERNAL EXCHANGE. OR BANK WITH INTERVAL OR RCI AND YOU HAVE TWO YEARS TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR GOSH SAKES. I GET SO FRUSTRATED AT PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW THE VALUE OF WHAT THEY HAVE.

FOR 23 years I have enjoyed Spinnaker Timeshares, WATERSIDE, then Bluewater. I was treated fairly. I got what I asked for and paid for, and I use my weeks, but rent when I cant. AND THEY TREAT ME WITH RESPECT AND ALL IS WELL. THEY ALWAYS GIVE ME THE PRESENTATION MONEY EVERY YEAR TOO...which I use to go out dinner at Hudsons or Boat House or any other MANY restaurants on the Island. Hilton Head is a special place. EASY ACCESS BY CAR. DONT NEED TO FLY LIKE MEXICO OR ARUBA OR HAWAII. ITS SAFE, CLEAN and FRIENDLY.

HANG ONTO THAT DEED. IT IS WORTH SOMETHING. EVEN IN FEBRUARY. A NEW COMPANY OWNER WILL WANT TO CONVERT THAT TO POINTS AND WILL PAY TO GET THAT DEED. THINK! OR ASK SPINNAKER TO HELP YOU FIND A BETTER WEEK AT THAT RESORT OR THEIR OTHER HHI RESORTS.

SADLY some people buy timeshares that end up in foreclosure. Sad. Very sad. And it costs Spinnaker time, nuisance and trouble to clean that up. DONT DO THAT.

FWIW, a LUXURY RV can cost 200,000.00 and is a DEPRECIATING ASSET and they sell at 50% off of initial price. OR LESS. NO SUCH THING AS FREE LUNCH. And Cars depreciate. Trucks. Boats. I LOVE BLUEWATER. HAPPY PLACE. SPINNAKER GOT A LOT OF MY MONEY, BUT I SIGNED THOSE DOCUMENTS FAIR AND SQUARE and I GOT WHAT I PAID FOR. AND I USE THE WEEKS.

PLEASE DONT DUMP YOUR DEED.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
We were just there in July...hated it...roaches everywhere...did get pressured into a tour and almost ripped the sales lady and the manager a new one...they really regretted lying to me...it was patheti!! sorry...just sayin

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can I get rid of this timeshare without having to pay an attorney?

Step One. Call the Resort and ask them how much they will charge you to do a Deed Back. If they give you an amount compare it to one year's MF and make a decision. If they won't cooperate, consider some of the other suggestions you are getting. And yes, I doubt if they will do a Deed Back for free...

George

PS I doubt an attorney will do you any good...

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just there in July...hated it...roaches everywhere...did get pressured into a tour and almost ripped the sales lady and the manager a new one...they really regretted lying to me...it was patheti!! sorry...just sayin
Can you write a review and post it here.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score

The famous Palmetto Bugs.....please tell me they were outside.

I want to go back but wondering when I do, if I should find a place and stay on a floor has high as possible.......:rolleyes: not sure if that would help with any inside bugs.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been bless, when traveling to Hilton Head. We have never experienced the famous Palmetto Bugs.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
The famous Palmetto Bugs.....please tell me they were outside.

I want to go back but wondering when I do, if I should find a place and stay on a floor has high as possible.......:rolleyes: not sure if that would help with any inside bugs.
I’m from Texas...they were def. roaches and on the inside. Oh I wish I could share with you all that happened, especially at that meeting lol. All I could think about was...If my good friends from TUGS could see this crap she’s trying to pull on me lol...but I took care of her... She was trying to sell me a Spinnaker unit but showing me her Marriott unit in II on her laptop I was livid... All I could think about was people that don’t know any better and get taken by scum like that!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Well, I am new to TUG but not new to Spinnaker. I have NEVER in 23 YEARS heard of such issues at Spinnaker. YOU MAY BE GETTING SCAMMED BY A THIRD PARTY. I HOPE YOU DIDNT PAY IT. First of all, they would send out a letter to ALL OWNERS at That Resort. Second, OWNER SERVICES handles all such matters so email them. Third, plumbing issues are generally paid in your annual dues and covered and THEY provide plumbing repairs at all their units in every resort they own. I had a minor issue once and called and a plumber showed up within an hour, fixed it, and left. NO CHARGE. Spinnaker IS VERY REPUTABLE. THE DEVELOPER WORKED HARD OVER 40 YEARS to build that reputation. PLEASE DONT PAY IT. IF YOU DID, THEN DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FROM MANAGEMENT AND ASK WHY IT WASNT COVERED IN ANNUAL DUES. BUT I REALLY THINK YOU GOT SCAMMED BY A THIRD PARTY.

Fourth, Spinnaker quietly does buybacks in situations. Depending on the situation and in some cases refunds. People who want out after usage should NOT dump it and do a deed back. Spinnaker and all timeshare companies will just resell it for profit. That is legal. YOU gave it up, they can resell it. DONT DO THAT. Its better to give the property to a relative and let them use it, and let them rent it. SPINNAKER HAS A RENTAL PROGRAM. I HAVE USED IT SUCCESSFULLY. They charge a hefty fee, but they get it rented and cut me a check for the difference. I own multiple weeks and LOVE my resort. Fourth, at some point the Developer (who is elderly) will sell the Company if his kids dont run it. And the NEW OWNER (a major company, for example) may well want your DEEDED weeks so they can convert them to points and PAY YOU for your deed. HOLD ONTO YOUR DEEDS PEOPLE! I WILL NEVER SELL EXCEPT TO A NEW OWNER OF SPINNAKER RESORTS and I will ask a PREMIUM PRICE to give up my deed. I once gave up a week at Massanutten Virginia (nice resort actually), and Spinnaker gave me full credit for my purchase price on a Bluewater week, then I went back to my resort in Virginia and gave them a clean deed, quit claim, and THEY PAID ME 1,500.00. They then resold it. But I got ALL my money out of it, in an accounting sense through Bluewater purchase (sort of a discount on the asking price).

FIFTH, you can travel with that deeded week. TO ANY SPINNAKER RESORT. Reservations will let you move it to another week, to another INTERNAL SPINNAKER RESORT, or you can bank it with RCI or Interval depending on which company has that contract. Bluewater is Interval. Spinnaker wants HAPPY owners and will bend over backwards to accommodate you. YOU ONLY HAVE TO ASK AND BE FRIENDLY. BEING RUDE GETS YOU TOUGH DEALINGS. A deeded week is an ASSET. Yes you have annual dues but you have taxes and utilities and upkeep and such at your personal home. This is no different.

SIXTH, go to a sales presentation at Spinnaker and ASK THEM TO MOVE YOUR WEEK. THEY MAY ACCCOMMODATE YOU, UPGRADE YOU, MOVE YOU TO ANOTHER RESORT ON HILTON HEAD, and all sorts of possibilities. It likely wont be free but it wont be a FEBRUARY WEEK. BTW, I was at BLUEWATER IN JANUARY ON A DEVELOPERS BONUS WEEK (heavy discount) and the island was HOPPING and it was lovely. A bit chilly, but nice weather and very relaxing.

WHEN I SEE PEOPLE DUMPING DEEDS AND PAYING TO GET OUT and CLAIMING THEY GOT RIPPED OFF I CRINGE AND THEN TELL THEM HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS AND THE BENEFITS. YES ELDERLY cant always travel. BUT FAMILY CAN ALWAYS USE THAT WEEK NO PROBLEM. JUST TELL RESERVATIONS. AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO USE IT OR MOVE THE RESERVATION, I DONT UNDERSTAND, but then RENT IT THROUGH SPINNAKERS RENTAL PROGRAM. OR GO TO ORMOND BEACH ON INTERNAL EXCHANGE. OR BANK WITH INTERVAL OR RCI AND YOU HAVE TWO YEARS TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR GOSH SAKES. I GET SO FRUSTRATED AT PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW THE VALUE OF WHAT THEY HAVE.

FOR 23 years I have enjoyed Spinnaker Timeshares, WATERSIDE, then Bluewater. I was treated fairly. I got what I asked for and paid for, and I use my weeks, but rent when I cant. AND THEY TREAT ME WITH RESPECT AND ALL IS WELL. THEY ALWAYS GIVE ME THE PRESENTATION MONEY EVERY YEAR TOO...which I use to go out dinner at Hudsons or Boat House or any other MANY restaurants on the Island. Hilton Head is a special place. EASY ACCESS BY CAR. DONT NEED TO FLY LIKE MEXICO OR ARUBA OR HAWAII. ITS SAFE, CLEAN and FRIENDLY.

HANG ONTO THAT DEED. IT IS WORTH SOMETHING. EVEN IN FEBRUARY. A NEW COMPANY OWNER WILL WANT TO CONVERT THAT TO POINTS AND WILL PAY TO GET THAT DEED. THINK! OR ASK SPINNAKER TO HELP YOU FIND A BETTER WEEK AT THAT RESORT OR THEIR OTHER HHI RESORTS.

SADLY some people buy timeshares that end up in foreclosure. Sad. Very sad. And it costs Spinnaker time, nuisance and trouble to clean that up. DONT DO THAT.

FWIW, a LUXURY RV can cost 200,000.00 and is a DEPRECIATING ASSET and they sell at 50% off of initial price. OR LESS. NO SUCH THING AS FREE LUNCH. And Cars depreciate. Trucks. Boats. I LOVE BLUEWATER. HAPPY PLACE. SPINNAKER GOT A LOT OF MY MONEY, BUT I SIGNED THOSE DOCUMENTS FAIR AND SQUARE and I GOT WHAT I PAID FOR. AND I USE THE WEEKS.

Wow and that is the first post ever at TUG, wonder why you would join TUG and this be your first ever post. Who is this person?

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
:wave: I’m from Houston too:hi:

Okraboy007

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

My badif I got those places mixed up. The name similarity is actually a problem and a good lawyer should sue to get rid of it. And as for TS presentation remark that is a bit over the top and presents yourself as a timeshare hater. I am not a timeshare hater. I love my timeshare and use it as stated. I am correcting the record that not all owners are pissed off and feel ripped off and a lot of complaints are actually people who couldnt afford it and are now bitter it got foreclosed. My experience with such persons. I dont work for ANY timeshare company and I am not in sales for any industry. Further, I think the dump and run mentality is harmful to timeshare values. I just want people to know that Spinnaker Resorts on Hilton Head, operates a clean timeshare company and people are generally very happy with what they own. We are aware that salespeople can be a bit pressure oriented and can be intense. I just aim to help people realize what they have, especially with DEEDED PROPERTY. HOLD ON. DEEDS ARE WORTH SOMETHING AND I think you will be fine in coming years if you own a deeded week. Its all good.

Okraboy007

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
not sure where you went and who you were talking to and if it was Spinnaker Resorts on Hilton Head or this other "Spinnaker on Hilton Head", whatever that is. I've owned with Spinnaker Resorts on Hilton Head 23 years and never heard of that other property. The TOURS at Spinnaker Resorts are all voluntary. NOBODY forces you to show up or to go or to stay longer than you wish. If you want the parting gift, often 150.00 cash, or a dinner cruise for 4, you have to stay for the 45 minutes, as at all timeshares worldwide. If its not for you, then fine, you can rent something on the internet every year and go that route.

Okraboy007

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow and that is the first post ever at TUG, wonder why you would join TUG and this be your first ever post. Who is this person?
ok a conspiracy theorist and naysayer. whatever. I was aware of TUG for a couple years. Never posted. I used to just look to see what was being said and SPECIFICALLY about the resort I own. And finally I decided to post this year. But apparently it was some other outfit with a near identical name, and that only underscores my point, to clarify the differences. As stated< I have owned a Spinnaker Resort timeshare for 23 years. I dont work for them or ANY sales outfit. I am a retired professional. For the record I am not a fan of points or floating weeks. My fixed weeks can be moved at NO COST TO ME> I can also get developers bonus weeks off season for a deep discount. Whats not to like. And it trades extremely well. Been to Europe twice. IF people are unhappy with what they own, or dont like location, then deposit the week with RCI or Interval and TRAVEL. OR get developer to offer you something else. Its a financial obligation. So is an RV or a boat. I have friends who own HOMES on the water at the beach and paid a lot of money, have upkeep, taxes, utilities, repairs, hurricane insurance etc etc. You decide. Best to you.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
ok a conspiracy theorist and naysayer. whatever.

As a longtime TUGger we has seen our share of questionable posters. Your response is NOT the typical first post EVER, and you joined 8 days ago.

I am not a conspiracy theorist nor a naysayer, very presumptuous to call a long time tugger that. Ask some of the other around here. As a first post it raised my eyebrows. As it did @LannyPC.

as you said, whatever.

Okraboy007

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As a longtime TUGger we has seen our share of questionable posters. Your response is NOT the typical first post EVER, and you joined 8 days ago.

I am not a conspiracy theorist nor a naysayer, very presumptuous to call a long time tugger that. Ask some of the other around here. As a first post it raised my eyebrows. As it did @LannyPC.

as you said, whatever.
Whatever. But you WERE PRESUMPTIOUS to presume I was not on the up and up and question it. And I didnt deny I joined 8 days ago, but one can look at postings on the free site without being a PAID MEMBER. You may well be a longtime TUGGER, whatever that is and means to you. Fine. I support people sharing experiences and stories so long as they are telling the TRUTH and not being forthright. In a perfect world timeshare resales would be smoother, frequent and worth more. Sadly people dump and run, harming values. It is however true that points and floating weeks are tougher to sell than FIXED DEEDED weeks. My comments shouldnt raise eyebrows unless telling you my 23 year experience does that. I have spent countless hours at the pool in my home resort explaining to people what they own and how to manage it and take advantage of exchanges, or rental programs, or asking the developer to move a week, or moving to a new resort with the developer, AS I HAVE DONE. Spinnaker is one of the last independent timeshare companies and I am sure at some point a big outfit like Hyatt, Sheraton, Wyndham, Marriott, Hilton, Blue Green will come in and buy it all, and try to convert it to points. Fine. At that point I will ask them for a premium price to take my deed. I speak only for myself and family and our home resort and NOBODY else or their resort or experience. I dont like people who buy something, then when they cant afford it, they trash it online. Repeating that crap on television. Go ahead, I say, rent what you want online and have fun. Or buy a home at the beach and pay insurance, interest, utilities, upkeep, repairs, furnishings. Timeshare works for us and we use it and enjoy it. THEY GOT A LOT OF MY MONEY, but nobody forced me. And I got what I asked for and paid for. It trades extremely well with Interval and I get 2/1 when I trade. I may bank a week with Interval next year instead of renting it out, and getting TWO weeks back and maybe even return to Hilton Head at another resort! Seen it done. I am only saying that there needs to be another side of the story for people to see and learn how to use timeshare and to put forth another viewpoint than the trash talkers out there. Best to you.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been bless, when traveling to Hilton Head. We have never experienced the famous Palmetto Bugs.

Which months have you visited HH? Maybe I need to visit during those months. Have you stayed in lower floors or higher? Just curious if this makes any difference at all.

We have been during May & end of August. August was bad. Really bad outside - add love bugs too :sneaky:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m from Texas...they were def. roaches and on the inside.

Don't miss those. We were quiet used to them when we lived in Brooklyn. No matter how clean and spotless you were - they lived with you. Where we live now - none - thankfully. They do have them in apartment/condo buildings. Not sure about townhouses. I keep hearing also that brown paper bags attract roaches - way back then - only brown paper bags were used too - I doubt that was the only culprit.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spinnaker at Shipyard on HHI, is located on Shipyard Plantation they are attach condos (townhouses), in a gated golf community; the first floor is the foyer, living room, dining area and kitchen.
The second floor is upstairs and the bedroom area. We normally stay in April and October - December. There villas are very clean and we have never been asked to attend a sales presentation.
Two (2) bikes are included for guests outside with bike locks (in the storage area).

The beach is about a 1/2 from the resort.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are fourteen (14) condos (townhouses) building units
I am going to list them & their address;;
1. 101/102
2. 103/106
3. 107-109
4. 110-112
5. 213-216
6. 217-220
7. 221-223
8. 324-326
9. 327-330
10. 331-333
11. 434-437
12. 442-444
13. 438-441
14. 445-448

Tennis courts, grilling complex, children play area & pool complex surrounded by four (4) lagoons

Is this the same Spinnaker at Shipyard Plantation resort ?.

Last edited: