• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Special Jeopardy tournament starts tonight (7 Jan 2020)

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Facebook (true or not) had a post that they have added a seventh night to the schedule. If that is true, it means Brad came out of his slump and each one of them won two games and next Friday will be the seventh and final game.
Fake News? :eek:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Facebook (true or not) had a post that they have added a seventh night to the schedule. If that is true, it means Brad came out of his slump and each one of them won two games and next Friday will be the seventh and final game.
I thought they always had it scheduled out through Friday. When I set it up to record that date appeared on schedule of shows to record.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW---interesting show!!!

It shows how much these factors matter:

ability to ring in FIRST
ability to answer correctly (duh)
ability to find Daily Doubles
risk in wagering

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in awe (I think that is the word I am thinking) of the contestants.....great show and congrats to the winner!!!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
WOW---interesting show!!!

It shows how much these factors matter:

ability to ring in FIRST
ability to answer correctly (duh)
ability to find Daily Doubles
risk in wagering

I agree and I think you have them in the right order of importance, too. I have seen so many contestants over the years that have not succeeded despite seeming to be good at coming up with the correct answer, but so often couldn't get to the button first. I think I would fall into that latter category, too. I have had pretty good success, depending upon the category, at guessing the correct answer. But by the time I have thought of it, someone has already hit the button! :shrug:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I only watched last night. What fun. They are all nice guys. I would stink at that show. And now it is over. They all set one record or another. Impressive contestants.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Even with this $1,000,000 Ken is still $300,000 + behind Brad for total money winnings. However this Tournament demonstrated the Game has passed Brad by.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
And Alex didn’t retire. He’s a trooper.

I enjoyed the tournament.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a darn good contest. I suppose there will eventually be other champions, but for now, the winner is clear.
Alex would not have surprised me if he'd announced his retirement but last night was Ken's, not A!ex's.

Now, what to watch tonight at 7:00?

Jim

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even with this $1,000,000 Ken is still $300,000 + behind Brad for total money winnings. However this Tournament demonstrated the Game has passed Brad by.

I was wondering about Brad. At the start of the tournament Alex asked how he had been doing and Brad noted that all was good but, he found himself having problems recalling things at this point in his life. That showed so much during this. I hope he's doing well medically.

As for Ken's win, I wonder if Nancy Zerg was sitting at home thinking, never send a man to do a woman's job. ;)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
As for Ken's win, I wonder if Nancy Zerg was sitting at home thinking, never send a man to do a woman's job. ;)

She got lucky, and beat him one game. I don’t recall that her reign as champion lasted very long. And she doesn’t seem to be invited back for any tournaments, so obviously, Jeopardy doesn’t think she’s all that, either.:shrug:

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
To add: Ken is smart and fast, but if he had continued to play (top down, conservative bets on doubles) like he did in his 74 game streak, James would have beat him. James' style of play has fundamentally changed how the game is played.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
She got lucky, and beat him one game. I don’t recall that her reign as champion lasted very long. And she doesn’t seem to be invited back for any tournaments, so obviously, Jeopardy doesn’t think she’s all that, either.:shrug:

Dave

Lucky? Perhaps. I've always believed that luck never made a man or women wise and wisdom is the winner over good luck.

She has nonetheless earned bragging rights to say, if only for one game, she defeated Ken at his own game. I've always been man enough to give her that. ;)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Lucky? Perhaps. I've always believed that luck never made a man or women wise and wisdom is the winner over good luck.

She has nonetheless earned bragging rights to say, if only for one game, she defeated Ken at his own game. I've always been man enough to give her that. ;)

I don't see that being "man enough" applies. Yes, she beat him. Once. After he'd won 74 games in a row. The test would be for the two of them to go head-to-head in a tournament and see how she stands up to him over time. She's undoubtedly smart, but as has been discussed, winning on Jeopardy is more than just knowing the right answer.

For the record: She lost the very next game.

Dave

Last edited:

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for one more show. That Final Jeopardy was a bit of a shocker. For Ken to bet zero and for James to bet everything and get the wrong answer. But yes, it was a great tournament and congrats to the GOAT and to the others too.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see that being "man enough" applies. Yes, she beat him. Once. After he'd won 74 games in a row. The test would be for the two of them to go head-to-head in a tournament and see how she stands up to him over time. She's undoubtedly smart, but as has been discussed, winning on Jeopardy is more than just knowing the right answer.

For the record: She lost the very next game.

Dave

Perhaps we'll simply agree to disagree.

Diminish that victory however, but in my book, to beat Ken Jennings just once at Jeopardy, is a feat that not many can claim and for that, she deserves all the credit in the world.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Perhaps we'll simply agree to disagree.

Diminish that victory however, but in my book, to beat Ken Jennings just once at Jeopardy, is a feat that not many can claim and for that, she deserves all the credit in the world.

Ok. You have made your point. I'm done with this discussion. Moving on.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Good. I don't think it should return. Loved watching it, but I don't think it could be re-created.
I’m not sure about that. I would watch GOAT versions of Celebrity, College and Kid’s Jeopardy. Of course, with college and kids, they wouldn’t necessarily be in those same age groups now, but it would be fun to see them compete again. I’m just a fan of Jeopardy and it was so much more entertaining to me than most prime time network programming that I would love to be able to watch it.