• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Speaking strictly resell...will my MFC be worth more if:

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
In a few years if I go to sell it:

I keep it as Deeded Week as it is now OR

I convert it now to the points thing?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
In a few years if I go to sell it:

I keep it as Deeded Week as it is now OR

I convert it now to the points thing?

Converting to points should not affect the value on a resale transaction since the points (or ability to use points) dies with any resale after 6/20/2010.

If you convert to points you'd be doing it only for your own benefit.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
It won't make one bit of difference if you enroll your Week in the DC. Enrollment does not change the deed of an existing Week one iota and when you sell your Week you will be selling exactly what you purchased. Enrollment of a Week does not transfer with the resale.

As well, any Weeks which are resold now on the external market* cannot be enrolled by the new owners, because resales purchased on or after 6/20/10 are not eligible for enrollment. (*Weeks which are resold through Marriott's Resale Operations may be eligible for enrollment, if the new owner purchases a DC Trust Points package at the same time.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think that there was a problem with the ST. Thomas government allowing a points program in the Virgin Islands. Has that been cleared up? Last I heard, we were not able to buy points or use points at MFC. When I last spoke to our Marriott Salesman he couldn't sell us points at that time, but that was when they first started the points program.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
:shrug: Maybe in the beginning there were problems with Marriott being allowed to sell DC Trust Points in the Virgin Islands? But according to the spreadsheet that TUGger GregT is maintaining, Frenchman's Cove Weeks are eligible for enrollment. As well, according to the Points Charts Frenchman's Cove is available for Points reservations.

Last edited:

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone was going to sell in a couple of years what advantage would there be to enrolling in the point system? I doubt that buyers would pay more for the timeshare. Maybe, I'm missing something. Under the present terms and conditions it's an owner convenience that cannot be passed on.