• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southwest is changing their points plan

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Living in the DFW area I used to fly SW all the time back when they were a Regional Carrier and their Frequent Flyer Program was based on segments. I earned lots of free tickets which were easy to sell. As I remember they went for around $450 each. When they switched to miles I stopped flying them...

George

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a loyal SW flyer and appreciate how easy it is to work with them.
They extended my CP for a year, didn't have to do that.
They allow people to reprice their tickets when the cost goes down with no fee to do so. Free bags, free cancellation all great benefits of their program.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I have only flown them a few times. Not a fan of the cattle call and no preassigned seats but it doesn’t stop me from using them IF they fly where I want to go. Now that we are back in the OC It will be less.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
It’s 45 minutes to my “local” Aiport and 60 minutes to the nearest SWA Airport. I check SWA and if they go to my destination and if the fares are comparable, I’ll take the extra 15 minutes (unless I fly my own plane).

it will be nice to get back to more than a bag of snacks and a cup of water for on board service ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I have only flown them a few times. Not a fan of the cattle call and no preassigned seats but it doesn’t stop me from using them IF they fly where I want to go. Now that we are back in the OC It will be less.
I don't consider the way SW does their seating to be a cattle call any longer. Now, back in the days before they gave out boarding numbers, just boarding groups, THAT was a cattle call.

I love SW and will fly them whenever possible.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s 45 minutes to my “local” Aiport and 60 minutes to the nearest SWA Airport. I check SWA and if they go to my destination and if the fares are comparable, I’ll take the extra 15 minutes (unless I fly my own plane).

it will be nice to get back to more than a bag of snacks and a cup of water for on board service ;)

Cheers
It's been a long time since I've received more than this.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you haven't been on them for a while. The cattle call ended I think around 10+ years ago......

As for seat assignment. I don't mind it and actually prefer it. I can look around and find the people I think would be best to sit around.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am a little confused about what they are doing. Figure I'll wait a week or so and see what happens. One family member got a letter saying, you've earned your companion pass (it didn't make sense to her), I got an email about getting 25K credit towards my companion pass - it wasn't clear if they were giving me 25K or lowering the points needed, it was confusing to me. And other family members didn't get any email. Waiting a bit for the dust to settle and see what we get.

But I do love SW and that is our first choice. Love how you can change flights, love the 2 bags free. Don't mind the boarding process. And love our companion passes (even though we haven't traveled in a year now :)).

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you family member have a CP that expired in Dec 2020? If so, that is why she received an email because they extended it.
They are ALSO giving the boost...

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Did you family member have a CP that expired in Dec 2020? If so, that is why she received an email because they extended it.
They are ALSO giving the boost...
Really, they are giving us 25K points? That seemed too good to be true (and then I laugh because we aren't travelling, so many points, no where to go). I'll have to check with my sister to see if she had an expiring CP last year (I thought she said she'd already been extended 6 mos.).

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really, they are giving us 25K points? That seemed too good to be true (and then I laugh because we aren't travelling, so many points, no where to go). I'll have to check with my sister to see if she had an expiring CP last year (I thought she said she'd already been extended 6 mos.).

Looking at my account, it appears the "boost" is not given in points to use for flights, but in the count needed to get to a status level.
Example: for 2021 I have only "earned and received" 3071 RR points. But, if you look at my CP tracker, it states I have 28071 points towards earning my CP.

As for your sister, that must be it. My 2020 CP was extended until June 2021 too and now just extended to Dec 2021.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Looking at my account, it appears the "boost" is not given in points to use for flights, but in the count needed to get to a status level.
Example: for 2021 I have only "earned and received" 3071 RR points. But, if you look at my CP tracker, it states I have 28071 points towards earning my CP.

As for your sister, that must be it. My 2020 CP was extended until June 2021 too and now just extended to Dec 2021.
Thanks. Very confusing/oddly worded. I wonder why they just didn't lower the status level? Thanks for clarifying.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Same way I got A-List last year. They gave me credit for 10 flights and after I made 15 more, I was A-List.

Cheers