• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southwest companion flies free in Winter 2021!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I recall international being much higher on our trips to Aruba - in my head I'm thinking it was around $125 round trip????
I'd never booked international before. I went into the SW website and picked dates for a round trip from Boston to Aruba. The fees would have ended up being close to $100. The actual cost depended on the flights chosen.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Do you think it will work with travel funds?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I believe Travel funds are paid since they are on the cash menu?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I believe Travel funds are paid since they are on the cash menu?
It would be interesting to get that cleared up. I would think Travel Funds would count as a paid trip since they were originally paid for.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It would be interesting to get that cleared up. I would think Travel Funds would count as a paid trip since they were originally paid for.
Right, I've never seen any difference in earning points or any other aspect when using travel funds vs. credit card (and you can use a combination, up to three payment types, I believe). Don't see why this promo would be any different.

Kurt

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Travel funds definitely work, the social media coordinator confirmed it on Flyertalk. Any revenue (points earning) flight will count - cash/credit, gift cards, travel funds, or LUV vouchers.

My other half has the pass through June of next year (SWA extended all 2020 CP expirations) but I might book a cheap RT to take advantage of this. Might even book a trip for our nieces to visit during the fall promo period - leave our options open to bring the whole family to Hawaii or somewhere in February. If it doesn't pan out, so be it.

This is a great promotion for people who have the risk tolerance for travel right now. I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off, but I'm interested in trying.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Just like the good old days of mileage runs :cool:

I have already booked a day trip CVG - BWI. Be nice if the Priority Pass lounge will be open but probably not.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
FYI, you have until later today to book your Fall travel on this deal. Like I said, if you really want to do it in the Winter, just take a short round-trip flight across the state for under $150 round-trip. Fly to the closest airport, get your luggage, then fly back an hour or so later.

TS

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Just like the good old days of mileage runs :cool:

I have already booked a day trip CVG - BWI. Be nice if the Priority Pass lounge will be open but probably not.

Cheers
You can't get to the Priority Pass lounge at BWI from the SW terminals without going out of security. SW has A/B/C and they're all connected beyond security, but you can't get to D where the PP lounge is. Unless you mean CVG, where I have no clue. :)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I booked 2 flights 1 with travel funds, 1 without for the return to be safe. My DH already has companion but thought I would get it in case I want to bring a friend or family member and he cannot join because of work.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
FYI, you have until later today to book your Fall travel on this deal. Like I said, if you really want to do it in the Winter, just take a short round-trip flight across the state for under $150 round-trip. Fly to the closest airport, get your luggage, then fly back an hour or so later.

TS
Do you have to fly with luggage?

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The dates were so limited for us. We couldn't justify it for travel in January and February.

I would love to get a full year+ of companion pass again. We did that once, and it was a wonderful nearly two years of travel. I felt so lucky. I am just grateful for all of the points we have, and I am grateful for TUG members who let us all know what deals are out there. I love Southwest, or should I say LUV?

We belong to several frequent traveler sites and get some info that way, but the good stuff on those sites is often buried by the credit cards that are the most benefit to the owner of the site. It's TUG that gives me the real info I need to see. I try to share the gems, when I can, also.