• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southwest Canceled Flights to Kona

ba2471

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Fyi only - I'm reading emails from this morning that SW canceled my flight into Kona 12/20. A return flight from SJC to MCI canceled too. May re-try...May not.

flindberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Ka Eo Kai
Fyi only - I'm reading emails from this morning that SW canceled my flight into Kona 12/20. A return flight from SJC to MCI canceled too. May re-try...May not.
Wow! Sorry to hear that. And thanks for posting!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Not a promising sign. Shows what Southwest thinks of business viability in December...........

I wonder if they know something?

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
Not encouraging news. We are supposed to do Big Island after our Maui visit in February. We are flying home from Kona but I wonder if we will be able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Alaska just cancelled my 11/21 flight SJC to OGG. Instead of a 5:30 flight, they want me to fly around for 13+ hours. I'm having to re-think that.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Not a promising sign. Shows what Southwest thinks of business viability in December...........

I wonder if they know something?

I would say it differently. MAYBE THEY DON'T KNOW SOMETHING? There has been lots of discussion on TUG over the testing of passengers before flights, after flights, quantining for 14 days, and tourists returning in significant numbers to Hawaii. The airlines need to have significant numbers of passengers on routes to make them economically viable. That is a major issue and with the other issues so up in the air the volume of potential passengers is a moving target that can't be hit accurately. The Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu is closed until December 15th since it doesn't want to deal with this uncertainty which won't even start to be unwound until after October 15th. I am sure the airlines have even more uncertainty with so many flights and so many routes to deal with.

ba2471

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Update- I found some reasonable alternatives for getting into Kona on the 18th. I'll monitor tug2 forums and official hawaii messaging and make a final decision in early dec. As SW is flexible on canceled flights- that impact is minimal which I'm thankful for.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update- I found some reasonable alternatives for getting into Kona on the 18th....
Just curious, did they involve flying through HNL? I'm planning our Hawaiian 2021 vacation and trying to decide if depending on the existence of a KOA to SFO direct flight is wise.