• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southern Missouri in mid Feb

dbminn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - my wife and I live in Minnesota and are looking for an II timeshare in (warmer?) Missouri in mid February. There are a lot of timeshares to choose from so I was looking for one or more timeshares that tuggers familiar with the resorts would suggest or that they really enjoyed. We don't fish, or golf, or ski so would like a place that has attractive, nicely designed units, is well landscaped, and possibly close to walking trails. I would like a unit that had multiple levels but if a better timeshare is on one-level that would be minor.

I read the post on the Four Seasons Racquet Club and checked that out. All they had was a Fri 2 Fri opening and that wouldn't work for us.

Checking through the reviews, the Cabins at Green Mt is ranked quite high. I like the look of the place but my wife is concerned that it looks cold and noisy with the all the non-carpet floors. Does anyone have experience staying there in the winter?

Thanks...

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Cedar
There's a lot of opinions on this, but *generally* everyone likes Big Cedar as the best resort in the area. The rooms are great, and it's on a lake, and the walking trails are outstanding. A possible disadvantage is that it's a 15-30 minute drive to get anywhere in Branson from there. Also, there is a lot of availibility during that timeframe through RCI, and don't know about II.

If you check back further, there have been some posts that linked to some pictures.

Stonebridge
Next, I like Stonebridge, but I'm a golfer and tennis player... and it didn't seem to fit your criteria. I also like the fact that it's away from all the Branson noise and a very spread out resort.

Wyndham
Next, I would take the Wyndhams at Mt. Vista and The Meadows. Very well landscaped, very nice units, and with a lot of activities. They are apartment style - which you said you liked. Wyndham does a very solid job managing these. Probably RCI only though.

Green Mountain Cabins
About equal with those IMO are the Cabins at Green Mountain. They're close to the main strip in Branson, and we love the units. I don't care for the layout of the resort - it's kind of small. You're also within hiking distance of several restaurants. If possible, be sure and get a unit with a private hot tub. About half of them have them. You can go to the Festiva web site and take a virtual tour to get a preview. But, they make the resort look bigger than it actually is. We stayed last Christmas (a year ago)... and we enjoyed the space and layout inside the units as much as Big Cedar - also very comfortable beds! We were very warm there in the winter, and they have a gas fireplace in the unit to keep you extra warm. It didn't feel cold and noisy to us. In fact, I like the fact that they have a duplex style, and that helped keep the neighbor noise down to a minimum - we never heard anything from ours.

Hope this helps, and if you have any questions you're welcome to PM me. I live in the area...

libraria99

Reaction score
This might help you decide. Some actual pictures of one of the older, stand alone units. I think, but am not postivie that the unit next door to this one (#13) has a hot tub, but I've not atayed in that one.

Pictures taken in Cabin #14, Cabins at Green Mountain.

Upstairs bedroom:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/libraria/IM000697a.jpg

View through screen of porch:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/libraria/IM000695.jpg

Living room (see porch thru window):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/libraria/IM000694.jpg

Kitchen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/libraria/IM000693.jpg

Dining room and fireplace:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/libraria/IM000692.jpg

The Conch Man

Reaction score
I'm sitting here on Sanibel with JLB at the Moonrise Party, with friends from timeshare forums for many years, and he says he agrees with the others here.

He says you are likely to freeze your little --- off in Missouri in February. Since he lives there he probably knows.

If you'd like to talk more, check out www.timeshareforums.com.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting here on Sanibel with JLB at the Moonrise Party, with friends from timeshare forums for many years, and he says he agrees with the others here.

He says you are likely to freeze your little --- off in Missouri in February. Since he lives there he probably knows.

If you'd like to talk more, check out www.timeshareforums.com.

Who's JLB??? :)

It's freezing cold today... and supposed to be worse tomorrow. Wish I was in Florida!!!

The Conch Man

Reaction score
JLB was on this forum for many, many years Ace but things happen as time goes-on. He's very knowledgeable of Branson as he lives there for the past 10 years.

This is why my message is there for you or anyone else to visit Timeshare Forums & get the real dope from JLB as he knows his stuff! He does over at Timeshare Forums what he use to do here, there a lot of people here who can attest to his knowlege of timeshares, exchanges, rentals & so 4th!

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
JLB was on this forum for many, many years Ace but things happen as time goes-on. He's very knowledgeable of Branson as he lives there for the past 10 years.

This is why my message is there for you or anyone else to visit Timeshare Forums & get the real dope from JLB as he knows his stuff! He does over at Timeshare Forums what he use to do here, there a lot of people here who can attest to his knowlege of timeshares, exchanges, rentals & so 4th!

Hey Conch - I knew who he was... just giving you/him a hard time! I've said it before... I do miss his knowledge around here... :)

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the link to the Cabins @ Green Mountain page - with pictures and a virtual tour (click 'Virtual Tours' on the right side)...

http://www.festivaresorts.com/cabins.php

http://www.festivaresorts.com/mc_photo_gallery.php

Here's a sales link (BEWARE)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf4ah62BX90

You can get these weeks on eBay for next to nothing... Again, the inside of the units are extremely nice... and this is a deal where those pictures truly reflect the quality inside. However, the outside photos are deceiving. It's nice outside, but small...

Overall, it's been a very enjoyable resort for us and I would highly recommend it.

Last edited: