• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

South Florida west coast timeshares

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
I sold two flex weeks at Charter Club Marco for around $1.5K each. We used them late May, Oct until we moved to Marco. I wouldn't book or buy Sunset Cove since it isn't on the beach and isn't walkable to the beach. You need to take a shuttle to get to the beach. Charter Club, Crystal Shores (Marriott), Surf Club, Club Regency, Eagles Nest are the timeshares right on the beach.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
the buy-ins for some HGVC affiliates in Marco are not that much-for ex. you can get a summer/fall flex week at Eagles Nest or Surf Club for $5K or less if you don't need prime/platinum season. There are 2 listed on a resale website currently. I read of someone buying one for $2500 last year, so I'd offer that to start. IMHO, after 10 years of RCI trading, in a non-Covid year, you'll have a VERY difficult time getting Jan-March weeks in SW FL.
We are looking for summer weeks. This year I was able to get an RCI exchange into Naples the 2nd week of August. Our school starts after Labor Day, so it was great timing.
I will be on the lookout for the summer/fall flex week.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have been debating where to ask this question, so I will just add it to this thread.
From what I have read so far, I think Charter Club of Marco Beach flex summer or Vanderbilt Beach and Harbour fixed weeks 28-31 would work best for us.
My questions:
  1. I have an ebay search and redweek notification for these properties. Any additional advice on buying these resale?
  2. It seems the resorts have similar amenities - beach access, bike rentals. Can some provide some contrasts?
Thanks is advance.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I have been debating where to ask this question, so I will just add it to this thread.
From what I have read so far, I think Charter Club of Marco Beach flex summer or Vanderbilt Beach and Harbour fixed weeks 28-31 would work best for us.
My questions:
  1. I have an ebay search and redweek notification for these properties. Any additional advice on buying these resale?
  2. It seems the resorts have similar amenities - beach access, bike rentals. Can some provide some contrasts?
Thanks is advance.
For Charter Club, call the resort directly and ask to speak to the sales office. They handle resales for owners, and usually have plenty of flex deeds for sale. That also applies to all/most of the HGV SW FL properties.

Kurt

MickeyBlue

Reaction score
It seems the resorts have similar amenities - beach access, bike rentals. Can some provide some contrasts?
Thanks is advance.
Charter club has free bikes, helmets, kayaks, paddle boards, hobie cat for owners. Ping pong, large covered gas grill, shuffle board, small gym. The units are being refinished (kitchens and floors I think) and pickle ball court (s) will be installed in 2023 (don’t know if new addition or just replacing tennis Court?) wifi works well if you need to “wfh”.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Judy Kozlowski helped me sell my two flex weeks at Charter Club. I bought both of them via Seth Nock. Flex weeks are usually good from May to about first week of Dec. I paid around $2K for each and sold for about $1.5K. The board does a good job of maintaining the resort. It's 42 years old (I think it opened about 1980). Lots of free toys to use, but you have to pay for the lounges and the umbrellas. You can pay by the day or the week.