• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sometimes it's better to buy from the brand [says Timeshare Salesman]

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
there is no reason to post personal details about someone without their permission...they are welcome to provide that information on the forum themselves if the wish.
I have always found tug to be my safe haven. I love no political posts are allowed and we have rules to remain civil. This thread has been disturbing. Not because of the views of the op, that others like me don’t agree with but because of responses that have bordered on outing the op here on TUG because we disagree with his views. Where this thread is not political it’s starting to get the markings of one. Let’s keep TUG integrity and respect identities of people who choose to keep theirs hidden.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
You just did the same thing, you gave all tuggers an easy path to find out his identity. One thing is to find out for youself another is to share how.

Anyone who was inclined to search him out would have been able to do it on their own. I didn't provide any path, other than that he's findable through internet searches and that he has a LinkedIn page (but not that the TUG username is directly linked to the LinkedIn page, which it is not). My concern would be that if his full name were posted here, it becomes googlable by anyone in the "real world" later searching for his given name (e.g. future employers, personal acquaintances, etc.). That's not cool. It also wouldn't be cool for anyone here to contact his employer. He's taken great pains to not provide proprietary information.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I respect Brian's moderation of my post and the related comments. But for those that assert I "outed" the OP or disclosed information that is private and personal, and not discoverable through a single search of his screen name on google is not accurate. The OP used a very distinctive screenname, thst he seems to use on many other sites, and makes public posts about his identity and other details. He came here using his unique screenname, acknowledged his profession, and invited us to disprove his theories. There is a lot that was not posted about him that he made public.

To think any or all of us would not use the newly invented technology called google to see what he was selling, to verify his claims, seems a bit naive. To claim that using google or LinkedIn is some kind of a secret back door, is even more so.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Privacy is an issue on the internet and lots can be found out. My point is we shouldn’t expose clues or a persons identity here on tug even if we know who it is or think someone can easily find out.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Consider how you would feel if someone doxxed you or told everone on a public forum how to find out who you are just because you disagree with them. Uncool.

While I may not agree, I like to hear diverse viewpoints because I always learn something new.

Has it occurred to you that enabling anonymity allows the OP to share much more information than he could if his identity were known?

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
BTW...as @Panina stated previously, you may not be correct either. It is not uncommon for posters to provide factual information but in order to hide their identity from employers they could be using the persona of a colleague, or muddying info on their background e.g. actually attended "Princeton" but state publicly "Yale."

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but it is naive to think that you can maintain your anonymity when posting in an open forum like TUG. While I think doxxing is crude, who is really surprised it happened here? The OP's provocative posts and boasts put him right in the spotlight, and he was enjoying the attention as a self-described highly successful timeshare salesman. Tuggers are a savvy, skeptical lot, and diligently call out questionable claims regarding timeshares. Of course someone is going to figure out who he is, to see if we're just getting trolled.

I appreciate that TUGBrian deleted the personal information, but it should serve as a reminder that there is no anonymity on the internet.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Anything I post on the internet, I do so with the knowledge that I'm easily traceable to my actual identity. I've been using the same screenname for over 20 years. I participate in Wyndham Facebook groups and I'm sure that anyone who posts both here and there can connect me to my real-life Facebook profile. If I wanted to post something confidential, I certainly wouldn't use this username.

The only person exposing clues has been maxpot. Between the username and the Ivy League education and the line of work, all the clues have come from him. Pointing out that those clues can lead directly to his identity and his employer with a 30-second search doesn't take a technical genius. I'm not for posting his name directly in the forum, but how easily one's identity can be ascertained is a cautionary tale.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Ah yes. The Internet is always right...If someone wanted to hose a colleague, just go online pretending to be them under one of their screen names.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ah yes. The Internet is always right...If someone wanted to hose a colleague, just go online pretending to be them under one of their screen names.
And that could be happening, you just never know. Real Estate sales when you work for a company versus individually for a broker can be brutal. There is jealousy for one that does better, has better leads, preferred by management, etc. Co- workers can do the unthinkable. I know it happened to me.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not think any colleague posed as him. This is my gut feeling based on the passion of his comments. I think no one here wants anything bad to happen to him and i hope the company would not be that absurd. At the same time, I also do not know their internal rules and if he broke any, even under anonymity. This is a good lesson to everyone i guess, identities are much more exposed than ever before.

I think that the aggressive style (that probably works well in his line of work) backfired online. My feeling is that he was not posting to learn, as he claimed, but to prove others wrong, including salespeople in his firm because he had a superior, rational way of selling.

Many did not believe the foundation of his analysis and that did not make the back and forth any smoother.

With that being said, i wish him well. Sometimes the sales positions are not the easiest on earth and people want to believe in what they sell even if from the outside it does not seem credible.

Last edited: