• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

something weird is going on at my neighbors

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Curious as it is unless you think harm of some kind is imminent I would leave it alone entirely and not bother the neighbors or their guests. It could be religious or it could be an upcoming wedding or something else entirely.

I had a major neighbor issue years ago and I would not wish what happened to us on anyone.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No - the people are very middle class looking. I can see their house from my computer - a few minutes ago an elderly couple drove very slowly up our street, nearly stopped in front of their house, turned around at the end of the court, and cruised by very slowly again, and then left.

SailBadtheSinner

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is to the OP: MYOB.

Nothing you wrote about is illegal. If you witness some illegal activity of any kind then notify the police but until then, keep your nose in a good book.

When I was sailing, 1 or 2 of the crew would pick me up (we all dressed the same); I would disappear for a Sat. or Sun, or sometimes for the entire w/e. SWMBO and the kids stayed at home. My sons, when they were dating, would go outside to talk with their cell phones and sit on the front stairs or lean/sit on a car in the driveway for the privacy. When relatives visited, there were strange cars in front of the house or in the driveway.

Aren’t your neighbors entitled to same privacy they give you?

OP - nothing you have written in any of you posts is illegal or merits notification of the police.

SBtS

S

Steamboat Bill

Nothing you wrote about is illegal. If you witness some illegal activity of any kind then notify the police but until then, keep your nose in a good book.

I actually think you are a little hard on Denise...she posted a legitimate concern and asked our opinion and you posted your opinion but in a nasty way.

BTW - Your pink (magenta) font (Comic Sans MS) really gives me a headache

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, nothing is illegal about people coming and going and parking their cars - but what if there are drug sales? a prostitution ring? It's probably not, but ???

Even something as innocent as a home business can be a concern if it's quiet street and the increased traffic makes it unsafe for children.

MYOB implies that the neighborhood isn't the OP's business - my living environment goes beyond my property line to include the neighborhood.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
The police in our area have always told us to report anything unusual. Of particular interest are houses with a lot of traffic as it is a red flag for drug activity.

During Ramadan the faithful fast during the day and then feast and party after sundown. Lots of people bringing food in the evening would indicate a party but that is not what you have described.

I, too, thought of MLM (ie amway). :hysterical:

I see no reason why you can't do as other tuggers have suggested and go over in a friendly way and say that you've noticed a lot of visitors and you hope that no one is ill. You'll get a feeling for whether there is a problem or not. If they seem nervous, call the police.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
MYOB implies that the neighborhood isn't the OP's business - my living environment goes beyond my property line to include the neighborhood.

amen, sister

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see no reason why you can't do as other tuggers have suggested and go over in a friendly way and say that you've noticed a lot of visitors and you hope that no one is ill. You'll get a feeling for whether there is a problem or not. If they seem nervous, call the police.

Just don't bring your checkbook or you may end up with some Tupperware or Amway products!

I can't wait to hear what's going on across the street.......

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree about jotting down some license plate numbers.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Could the house be for sale and the people coming and going be agents and prospective buyers? Not everyone puts a sign on their lawn.

That would account for drive-bys too.

Just my thoughts...

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could the house be for sale and the people coming and going be agents and prospective buyers? Not everyone puts a sign on their lawn.

That would account for drive-bys too.

Just my thoughts...

This was exactly what I was going to suggest. Not everyone has a sign in front of their house.

Keep us posted.

Janna

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

OP - nothing you have written in any of you posts is illegal or merits notification of the police.

SBtSp

Wow - having a bad day? I never even implied that they were doing something illegal or that I was going to notify the police. However, unless I shut all my windows and close my eyes when I pull in and out of the driveway, I can't help but notice the unusual level of activity. Noticing it doesn't mean that I have done anything inappropriate, or that I will...

Have a nice day! :hi:

Last edited:
S

Steamboat Bill

THE VALUE OF A NOSEY NEIGHBOR according to the police
http://www.fanwoodpolice.com/Nosey Neighbor.htm

Here is a interesting website
RottenNeighbor.com is here to help. It's the first real estate search engine of its kind, helping you find troublesome neighbors before you sign the paperwork on your new house, condo or apartment. RottenNeighbor is the largest site anywhere in the world covering the neighbor space, and we're certain you'll agree that the value it offers is unmatched anywhere else!
http://www.rottenneighbor.com/

Eric

Reaction score
That's classic ! LOL
We know from experience that anyone doing anything bad has to look SCARY. There is no such thing as a nice looking killer, correct :) ?

Are any of the people scary looking?

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow - having a bad day? I never even implied that they were doing something illegal or that I was going to notify the police. However, unless I shut all my windows and close my eyes when I pull in and out of the driveway, I can't help but notice the unusual level of activity. Noticing it doesn't mean that I have done anything inappropriate, or that I will...

Have a nice day! :hi:

Would you have been as concerned if they hadn't been of Mideastern descent, like maybe blond, blue eyed Scandinavians?

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That crowd would be a phenomenol response to any house going on the market these days. The economy doesn't yet justify that unless it is dirt cheap and then should already be sold.

SailBadtheSinner

TUG Member
Reaction score

There is a fine line between being watchful and being nosey; I think the OP crossed that line. That's all.

hey Steamboat Bill - How do you like this color & font? Any better?

SBtS

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
AWAY-WE-GO AND HOC... you guys crack me up...LMAO:hysterical:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's classic ! LOL
We know from experience that anyone doing anything bad has to look SCARY. There is no such thing as a nice looking killer, correct :) ?

oh ok, point well taken :eek:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm not Bill, but I find the red colored font to be very annoying. Its hard on my eyes, for one thing. Its also as if you are saying, "Hey, I'm important, look at me." Maybe you aren't, but that's the impression it gives.

We don't like trolls, if that's your intention...

Fern

There is a fine line between being watchful and being nosey; I think the OP crossed that line. That's all.

hey Steamboat Bill - How do you like this color & font? Any better?

SBtS

wauhob3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried googling them to see if they began a business or club? Perhaps they are doing something with election etc.? Is there a reason you can't ask?

It doesn't sound like very low key behavior or typical players for a criminal enterprise.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason you can't ask?

That would take the mystery out of it and we wouldn't have all this fun speculating. :hysterical:

Seriously, just ask.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would you have been as concerned if they hadn't been of Mideastern descent, like maybe blond, blue eyed Scandinavians?

I sure would - apparently you didn't read all the posts:

BTW - their race is a non-issue with me - I live in a totally ethnically mixed neighborhood. Within the block we have neighbors who are Indian, African-American, Asian, Portuguese, and Mexican. I am just trying to paint an accurate picture.

I just posted because I thought it was interesting, but apparently this thread really annoys some people so this will be my last post on the subject.

Rest assured that I do not intend to report my neighbor to the police or treat them in anything but a friendly manner.

Thanks to everyone who contributed! :hi:

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Neighbors

I would not have posted this thread on the TUB BBS.....at all.

Issues with neighbors are not an appropriate topic for this forum, in my opinion.