• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

something weird is going on at my neighbors

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
My neighbors across the street are a couple in their 40's - he is a realtor and she has some type of job for which she dresses professionally. They have 3 children from preschool to high school age. The family is of middle-eastern descent - but very Americanized. They are friendly, and say Hi, but never stop to chat.

Over the last month, they have started having a barrage of company - all times of the day and people of all ages all races. At first I thought they might have had a death in the family, but everyone is dressed casually, and no one brings food. Everyone seems very friendly and cheerful, rather than business-like. There is quite a bit of hugging. Some people stay only a few minutes and some stay for hours or even over-night. It's never ending.

This morning 2 guys dressed as if they were going to the beach picked up the dad, similarly dressed and left mom and the kids at home. At the same time another couple showed up and went in the house with the mom. Right now there is a strange woman pacing around their front yard as if she doesn't want to go in the house and another woman has been out in the front yard on the cell phone for 20 min. There are 2 strange cars parked in front of their house.

Does this make sense to anyone?????

Last edited:

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
As paranoid as I am, I would relay all of this to your local police and let them decide if it is worth investigating or 'watching' the house.

S

Steamboat Bill

The family is of middle-eastern descent - but very Americanized. They are friendly, and say Hi, but never stop to chat.

Over the last month, they have started having a barrage of company - all times of the day and people of all ages all races.

Time to do some investigating.

Here is a good website that can help you.

http://www.spyshop.co.uk/

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone in the family is very sick.

But that would not explain the men going to the beach with Dad:shrug: :confused:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well at first I was just thinking you were being a nosey neighbor. However, not even I could stop reading more about it...so I guess I am nosey too. With the latest incident I would definately be watchful...probably don't see much you can report to the police as you don't really have much to go on.

Also note, most of my friends from other countries don't get to friendly with people they don't know well. Also, I don't blame them as in my other neighborhood too many of my neighbors where too interested in what went on at my house so I tend not to be watchful unless there is something oddly out of place.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really don't know what may be occurring, but it is not uncommon for people from other cultures to have large families and large family gatherings that include extended family.

Perhaps one of their friends or relatives from their homeland has moved closer to them and now they are getting together more often. Perhaps its a religious or political gathering of some sort. Perhaps they just won the lottery and now they have lots of new friends! :D

I don't know....just my two cents. Let us know what happens.....inquiring minds want to know. :)

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they're celebrating Ramadan, it's not really surprising that no one is bringing food.

I see you posted about the same time I did.

Ramadan was something that came to mind, but I thought that was around November, but I really don't know.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe someone in the family is very sick.

But that would not explain the men going to the beach with Dad:shrug: :confused:

No - we see all 5 family members every day and they seem perfectly normal.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I really don't know what may be occurring, but it is not uncommon for people from other cultures to have large families and large family gatherings that include extended family.

Actually, the majority of their visitors do not appear to be relatives - otherwise I would think nothing of it. As I said, they visitors are all ages - young, middle-aged, and elderly, and probably most of them are caucasian.

BTW - their race is a non-issue with me - I live in a totally ethnically mixed neighborhood. Within the block we have neighbors who are Indian, African-American, Asian, Portuguese, and Mexican. I am just trying to paint an accurate picture.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well at first I was just thinking you were being a nosey neighbor.

This house is directly across the street from me and the extra cars are parked in front of my house. I would have to be blind not to notice.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This year, Ramadan is Sept 1-30.

There's a thought, but this has been going on for several weeks now... and their kids go to a private Christian school, so probably not. Is Ramadan celebrated secularly and well as religiously?

Last edited:

irishween

TUG Member
Reaction score
This summer I became friends with a police officer. He was telling me stories about people's cars being broken into. When they went to investigate, some told him things like "I thought I saw something weird" or "I noticed a strange person". He explained that these people should have called as soon as they noticed something so they could investigate. By the time the police talked to these people it was too late.
I highly recommend that you call the police. You never know what is going on. It's better to call now and find out that there is nothing wrong than to wait and find out something was wrong.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe they're all in the same fantasy football league? :D

dgdbloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the adults that live there- still having same work routine? Even if we're not nosey-we still tend to know when and if our neighbors go to work.
Maybe an elderly relative that you haven't seen has taken ill and the company is support from work,kids school etc.
But dressed for beach is throwing me
A house full of people could explain people on cell phone in yard(maybe for privacy)
Can you go borrow a cup of sugar?
Anything new??

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
If it were me, I would ask either the husband or wife why there is such an increase in traffic. I would not have a problem if one of my neighbors asked me if I was in the same situation. I feel that neighbors, if friendly should not be insulted if you feel that their is strange activity going on. Maybe there is a very simple explaination. If they get offended or are evasive, then my antennea would go up.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Denise, if they happen to be members of SUBUD, (www.subud.com), they could be non-secular followers of the group. That brings together a lot of unlikely people, who may also happen to observe Ramadan. That might explain a lot of the comings and goings.

As others have suggested, I'd just get "neighborly" and ask them outright what's up. Explain your concern about the unusual behaviors lately, and that perhaps they might need some neighborly assistance. Offer to be of help if something is wrong.

Can't hurt to ask, and it'll give them a chance to explain things to you in a non-threatening way. And maybe you'll be invited to make some new friends.

And of course, now I'm as curious as you are. Be sure to let us know what you find out. LOL! :)

Dave

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I think they're bigtime into Amway sales.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There's a thought, but this has been going on for several weeks now... and their kids go to a private Christian school, so probably not. Is Ramadan celebrated secularly and well as religiously?

Ramadan is a religious holiday, and old-timers are likely to observe it the entire month. Just because the kids go to Christian school doesn't mean the parents, grandparents and friends & relatives are Christian. Btw, when I was in college in Pittsburgh I lived in a student house in an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood that observed many religious traditions. Many people went in and out of the house across the street at certain times of the year. They had a tent erected some of the time. I found it fascinating culturally and something to be respected.

I think if you're that concerned about appearances, you could go over and ask if someone has died, ask if everyone's ok and offer your assistance if they need it. That's the neighborly thing to do. See what their response is and try to get a look inside. Best to check it out & report it if you're concerned.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Plastics ?

Tupperware party ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely ask - if you feel comfortable - or call the police. Also I'd start writing down license plate numbers.

Maybe it's just some kind of home-based business. Google the address and see if something comes up.

Are any of the people scary looking?