• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Some Stores are Having to Lockup Their Spam

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I saw this story a few days ago and I'm just getting to posting it. I haven't been anywhere where it is locked up yet but maybe others have seen it?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I think the telling remark was the woman from the retailers board saying it was basically homeless people taking it, who use it as bargaining power to other people for things they need. Considering Spam keeps forever in the can, that makes sense.

Dave

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never knew Spam can in so many different favors.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there at the end of 2020 for those 8 weeks, it was locked up then. The corned beef hash as well. Crazy!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I never knew Spam can in so many different favors.

Go look at the Spam.com website. There're lots of flavors listed there.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
WOW! That is just amazing Spam website.
Over Nine Billions cans of Spam have been purchased.

And the joke is that after they sell another billion cans, the factory will have to make a second batch. LOL! :D

Dave

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
And the joke is that after they sell another billion cans, the factory will have to make a second batch. LOL! :D

Dave
I'm in a state of shock.
Spam is good when you fry it. I have had only one favor of the 14 difference favors of the Spam product. LOL

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm in a state of shock.
Spam is good when you fry it. I have had only one favor of the 14 difference favors of the Spam product. LOL

I like it too, and not just because I lived in Hawaii. I grew up eating fried Spam at home. it was cheap, nutritious, and a working Mom could feed all her kids a filling breakfast with one can.

Dave

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having grown up in the homeland of Spam (Minnesota), I was pretty much guaranteed to have it as a kid. Still love fried Spam.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
I think the telling remark was the woman from the retailers board saying it was basically homeless people taking it, who use it as bargaining power to other people for things they need. Considering Spam keeps forever in the can, that makes sense.

Or a bunch of local bloody! Vikings raiding the store :D Monty Python - Spam

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone wants to mail me some of the Portuguese sausage Spam, let me know and I’ll pay for shipping, too….l

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
If someone wants to mail me some of the Portuguese sausage Spam, let me know and I’ll pay for shipping, too….l

That's my favorite too. I don't think they have it here on Molokai though. I'll check when we go grocery shopping this week.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
One kind of SPAM you won't find in Hawaii is the single slice in a foil pack. It's the only kind I buy. It's no touch SPAM. You just tear it open and slide it into the frying pan. Maybe Hawaiians can't understand why anyone would want to buy just a single slice.

91Apw+0i8HL._SL1500_.jpg

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
The ingredients of Spam and Hot Dogs are two things I never want to know.

Cheers

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That Spam is still good! Open that sucker up and just save the can, LOL!
And thank you so much for checking, @slip! The Spam store is out of it online (although I only think to look a few times a year, but have not yet seen it in stock,) and I refuse to buy something like that through Amazon.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
And thank you so much for checking, @slip! The Spam store is out of it online (although I only think to look a few times a year, but have not yet seen it in stock,) and I refuse to buy something like that through Amazon.
I think if you are going to the trouble to have something shipped from Hawaii you would be happier with the real thing, Portuguese sausage. We always bring home a stockpile, I have two in my freezer right now from our May trip.

We tried the PS Spam version and not impressed. I do like a Spam and Tamago Musubi with the teriyaki glaze, there are plenty of cooking videos on YouTube showing how to make it, you can even use the empty can to shape it!

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

OLRi2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake River Island
The Quarter House
Fitzpatrick Castle
Macdonald Villacana Resort
I became addicted to Musubi while in Hawaii last year. Yes, I think about going back for beautiful beaches but I think about going back for Musubi more often than beaches.

Musubi 2.jpg

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I like Spam. My dad loved it and ate it in the navy during WWII. He fixed it with eggs in the morning a lot. I now have a hankering for Spam.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It's so easy to make, you don't have to deprive yourself until the next Hawaii trip!

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I checked both stores here on Molokai and no Portuguese Sausage Spam. They each only have about 5 different flavors here. I'll look while on Maui in April. :thumbup:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Aww, thanks @slip!
And @SmithOp, I like the real stuff, too….but didn’t think it would ship as well