• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Some clarification...Grandview Las Vegas...Bonus weeks vs Extra Vacation Weeks...

tatw

Reaction score
I am hoping there is an expert who can help me. I see a lot of Grandview Las Vegas properties for sale where the owner says “2 RCI bonus weeks per year” included.

1. Aren´t RCI bonus weeks and RCI Extra Vacation Weeks the same thing?
2. If so, RCI offers these unlimited anyway right?
3. Why does the resort issue a certificate that you have to activate?
4. Grandview says the “bonus weeks” do not transfer on the resale market so why do people advertise things like, “includes 2 bonus weeks” per year…do they transfer and they just want me to buy from them...

I thank you in advance for your expert advice!!

geekette

Reaction score
Not sure I have all the answers, but Extra Vacations are not the same thing. EV can have ridiculously high prices, while Bonus Weeks are kept relatively low. EV can be worldwide, wherever they have inventoy to rent out. Bonus Weeks are generally limited to the locations where they have excess supply all the time.

Bonus weeks aren't hard to get, but, not very valuable. Wouldn't sway my purchase decision.

If you have to "activate" something, that generally means creating a customer touchpoint out of a process that requires none.

Not sure about transferability. Regardless, people don't always know what they are selling. It's up to the buyer to perform due diligence.

tatw

Reaction score
Thank you. You said bonus weeks are not hard to get...how do I get them then?

tatw

Reaction score
Also, if I buy a timeshare on the resale market like a Grandview, and the orig. contract had 4 bonus weeks (the contract says RCI extra vacation weeks per year but it comes with a certificate so I assume they are in fact bonus weeks) are those weeks transferrable to the new owner? In this case it would make the sale more attractive...

powte

Reaction score
bonus weeks

I am not an expert. But the way that I understand it is, RCI offers the bonus weeks and they are attached to the deed. The cost for the bonus weeks are 209 on the internet if you use them and 219 on the phone. No maintenance fee for them. If you use them you pay the transfer fee above, if you do not use them there is no cost. They do not roll over. So if you do not use your bonus week or weeks you lose them. You get the bonus weeks every year so if you lose them this year you still get your bonus weeks next year. Now as far as transferring them, again I am no expert. But I heard (notice I heard) that if you have a deed with bonus weeks and you will it to your children the bonus weeks stay attached to the deed. If you sell it, (I heard) that the bonus weeks drop from the deed. When I say I heard, I mean I attended a TS presentation and the rep said this is how it works. So if the description says it includes bonus weeks I wouldn't bank on it. The seller is probably not trying to mislead you, they just don't know any better.