• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Some advice on HGVC resale?

Reaction score
Forgive the (probably) stupid question.

I recently purchased direct from HGVC after visiting their Las Vegas location on the Boulevard. It was 3400 points for 26k. After doing some research and seeing how much less I could pay for the same (or more) points I decided to rescind and I'm now I'm looking to buy from a reseller.

But I'm confused about a few things. During my presentation, Hilton basically just asked me how many days/weeks I spend traveling each year, asked me how much I could afford per month, and then just drew everything else up.

So now looking to buy a resale - I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for in terms of picking one HGVC property over another, since my understanding is the particular property on your deed is not really relevant because you're really purchasing points to be used at any of their properties. Does that question make sense?

Looking to purchase asap, so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
First off, please complete sending off the rescission letter now before you go any further. 3400 points are worth about $2K tops on the resale market!

Second, there is a dedicated forum here on TUG for HGVC, so you may want the admins to move this thread there -- it will get more visibility to other HGVC owners who can then guide you through the process of deciding what, if any HGVC purchase would be best for you.

Kurt

ETA -- I just saw in the other thread that you have successfully rescinded already -- great job!

Last edited:
Reaction score
First off, please complete sending off the rescission letter now before you go any further. 3400 points are worth about $2K tops on the resale market!

Second, there is a dedicated forum here on TUG for HGVC, so you may want the admins to move this thread there -- it will get more visibility to other HGVC owners who can then guide you through the process of deciding what, if any HGVC purchase would be best for you.

Kurt

ETA -- I just saw in the other thread that you have successfully rescinded already -- great job!

Thanks! And yes I was completely shocked when I looked into the resale market and realized how much I've overpaid!! Thank God I rescinded.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks! And yes I was completely shocked when I looked into the resale market and realized how much I've overpaid!! Thank God I rescinded.

Again, Congratulations. And also welcome to TUG. All of our HGVC members here on TUG are great and want to help with any questions which you may have.

If you would like us to help with purchasing resale HGVC, we can do that. But we would need to have some information from you of how you would like to use a TS or your travel needs. There is a questionnaire in the general New to TS section which would be very helpful to answer those questions. Also, since you have just purchased and now rescinded, I would recommend that you spend some time (6 months) understanding HGVC before you purchase resale of course.