• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Solmar Resort in Cabo

bestdammec

TUG Member
Reaction score
Solmar I-171

Nazclk,

Hi, it is direcctly behind the upper pool (no bar, swimming current pool) facing the Pacific. It's the lower right hand unit as you're looking from the pool. I have the suite above it for week 41. Cheers,
Dennis

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Room view

Dennis one last question, how is the view from the unit?? thanks

bestdammec

TUG Member
Reaction score
nazclk,

I believe you'll be able to see the fishing boats heading out, but not much of the beach due to the lower part of the resort,

Dennis

bestdammec

TUG Member
Reaction score
nazclk,
I don't know which building that is so I can't say. When are you going? Our place is availiable Oct. 11 thru 18,
Dennis

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not until February, thanks. By the way I bought the unit and was looking at another one that's on ebay, the current bid is $1 plus closing costs. Not bad for a week 10

bestdammec

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nazclk,

It's a good unit, we've had a few cocktails there over the years. No stairs, you can step from your patios down to the pool, the barbecue is near the pool, I think you'll like it.
Thats a great price for week 10, sounds like someone dosn't want their maint. fee anymore. It looks like we will use a portion of our Oct. week anyway. Take care,
Dennis

Irish139

Reaction score
construction at resort next year!

Hi gang-

Not to change the subject (okay, I am!), does anyone know of the plans to redo a large part of the resort starting (I think) next year?

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Cabo 2 days ago and a TS salesman told us Sol Mar was going to be torn down and rebuilt. I never believe what a TS salesperson says, but what gary said about SolMar being remodeled, at least in part, does make some sense if they work on the older "hotel units" that front the beach. Stayed in one of those last year on a "get-a-way" and they could use some fixing up.
Hope someone has some reliable information on this.

dmwalker

Reaction score
I just returned from Playa Grande on Sunday. I have all the info on the new Grand Solmar Lands End Resort & Spa. I wrote up a long, detailed report on the Playa Grande owners website. It includes pricing, construction timeframe, and pix of the architectural drawings.

I own a hotel unit at Solmar that will be affected so that's why I got the info and did the write-up. I figured that everyone else who owns a hotel unit at Solmar and will be affected by the change would also be interested in knowing what is going on there. Hope the info helps.

Grand Solmar Lands End Resort & Spa detailed write-up

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thanks for posting that information, dmwalker. It all looks really beautiful.

cmbellavia

Reaction score
Solmar renovation

It does look beautiful, and unfortunately just like everything else in Cabo now. Solmar had a distinctive, older allure than all the other resorts. It stood apart. Now, it will be just like all the others. And oh my, those owners at Terrasol get to suffer through a few more years of Solmar/Playa Grande construction.

Last edited: