• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sold my Bluegreen in exchange for Welk Platinum yesterday, need help

eoubaseballa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Silver membership
Welk Platinum 240k annual
I'd like to confirm, I'm working on a 360K every year deal currently for resale. We are moving through Rescind process.

Does that get the same RCI Platinum membership (I assume anyone with Welk gets?) and same with their rental program (25-65% booking through Experiences by Welk is what it's called?)

Appreciate any help! I think the only thing we don't get as buying on Secondary are discounts? I think we were only getting a 15 month booking window before so don't believe that changes.

Thank you all for your insight! Wish we had prior to Bluegreen :(

eoubaseballa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know what type of Bluegreen membership you have but you can always make a reservation and rent it out. Aruba is a great location to rent to others and I know Bluegreen has space at La Cabana on Eagle Beach there. You could probably rent it out and cover your MF every year.
I'm definitely interest in how to take advantage, we've never been ourselves, but certainly interested. When renting, do you use Redweek?

Would like to know how to take advantage of these 30+ extra vacation week certificates BlueGreen gave us as well when they lied to us ;)

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
There are several Aruba facebook pages with individuals posting both rentals available and also what weeks people are looking for. You would contact the interested person with messenger and work out the price, unit size, etc. Ebay is also another place you can post what rentals you have available. Ebay charges a 10 percent fee if it sells but it's free to list. I personally would stay away from Redweek.

eoubaseballa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you! We get a chunk of points annually, would love to find a way to cover maintenance and hopefully enough to stay. We've got quite a few points annually to use.

eoubaseballa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I just spent $40K then I would rescind while you are still able to.

Keep in mind that resales are priced substantially less, so rescind, do your homework, and then make a decision as to how you want to move forward.

Welcome to TUG.

Do you know if you get the RCI Platinum membership and the rental discount savings ( I think its called Experiences at Welk?)

perfectstorm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten
I would take the 35k put it into an index fund and what you will save from not paying maintenance fees and interest off the money will pay for multiple vacations plus you will still have your Bluegreen. Rescind rescind rescind.