• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sold, deed recorded, now what?

Greenfield

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sold our timeshare and used JRA to do the closing and they told me it was complete.

I contacted Diamond Resorts to see if their records showed we are no longer owners and they told me it could take 4 - 6 weeks for it to process in their system.

Does it usually take this long? I just want to verify that it is legit but can't believe it takes 4 - 6 weeks! Any comments/advice appreciated.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sold our timeshare and used JRA to do the closing and they told me it was complete.

I contacted Diamond Resorts to see if their records showed we are no longer owners and they told me it could take 4 - 6 weeks for it to process in their system.

Does it usually take this long? I just want to verify that it is legit but can't believe it takes 4 - 6 weeks! Any comments/advice appreciated.

Wyndham got really mad at me when i called every other day during my first purchase to check to see if it had transfered yet...And it took ATLEAST 4-6 weeks

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham seems to be moving quicker these days but tey will still tell you to plan of 8 weeks............It takes them a week to get something from their mailroom to the right office and entered into their computer system

So to answer your question "Now What?" now you wait...I would call to confirm that they at least have it

JVT

Reaction score
I don't know how long any of this stuff takes bc I am new to this.

But as Ride implied, we have to be the squeaky wheel so we can get the oil...but Ride, those guys may have made you wait longer just to spite you! lol

I'm in the biz and medical world and I document everything, send everything via certified mail/return receipt requested and CC my attorney on all docs.

When they see correspondence is certified and my atty is CC'ed, it tends to speed things up.

JVT

Reaction score
Wyndham seems to be moving quicker these days but tey will still tell you to plan of 8 weeks............It takes them a week to get something from their mailroom to the right office and entered into their computer system

So to answer your question "Now What?" now you wait...I would call to confirm that they at least have it

Ron, I am so new to this TS game. So I guess with most transactions, we just have to be patient and wait?

I figured in the day and age of "NOW" (internet, email, on-line bill pay, etc) the TS game would have also caught up with the rest of the world.

I guess I just have to be more patient

Reaction score
I'm not sure how long it takes when you buy directly from the resort (developer), but it is very true. With Wyndham, both of the resort contracts I purchased took 6 weeks. I think Ron is right, Wyndham probably puts their paperwork on top of a turtle, and lets it take the paperwork to the office! It gets there, it just takes forever.

TS

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Sold our timeshare and used JRA to do the closing and they told me it was complete. I contacted Diamond Resorts to see if their records showed we are no longer owners and they told me it could take 4 - 6 weeks for it to process in their system.

The next time you call, ask your contact if you can e-mail your inquiry to them so they can e-mail a response, instead having to call. It might help.

Last November, I asked a local governement employee about a transaction, and she e-mailed me several updates about the matter. I thought it remarkable.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
[duplicate]

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Size matters...

With smaller, independent resorts which are not affiliated with any of the big "chains", the owner change in resort records usuallly takes place in a matter of days (a week or so max) upon receipt of a copy of the new recorded deed from the closing company.

With the larger "chains" which have much larger staffs (Wyndham, Diamond, Celebrity (aka Legacy, etc.), said processing can often take up to two months.

Does this make any sense? Not to me it doesn't, no. Is it nonetheless true and correct? Yes. :shrug:

Last edited:

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham got really mad at me when i called every other day during my first purchase to check to see if it had transfered yet...And it took ATLEAST 4-6 weeks

Thank goodness RCI has enough different reps that I havent talked to the same one twice (Waiting for my RCI Acct to get setup)

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
An added free entertainment benefit from RCI...

Thank goodness RCI has enough different reps that I havent talked to the same one twice ,snip>

Also providing an opportunity to likely get a completely different answer to almost any given question from each different RCI phone rep with each separate call...:rolleyes:

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's true with any call center. If I dont like the answer, I just hang up and call back. :D

Mel7706

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another possibility...

If you sell an interest from one of the big names they just may wait until they are sure the buyer is legit and real before releasing you from the mf obligation.

M&JJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had transferred a Diamond Resorts Property (Polo Towers) last fall. My experience was that the information was sent to Diamond Resorts on Oct 14 and Diamond completed the transfer and sent acknowlegement on Nov 10 so the process took just under 4 weeks. The process takes time but it does happen.