• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SoCal housing market/We are moving

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We are about to see if the housing market is still as hot as it was a few months ago. The listing posted to the internet yesterday, and showings are on Saturday and Sunday. After mooning about Carlsbad by the beach for four years, and then looking a bit further inland in Carlsbad, we have ultimately decided on a Life Plan/Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in San Juan Capistrano. They have our 10% deposit, but we need to get medical clearance which won't happen until we pass the "remember the five words and draw a clock" test and until Cliff's CT scan of his kidney's comes back clear in mid-October (24 hours of pissing blood six weeks ago). Then we have 60 days to get moved.

Looking at two bedroom apartments for four years is nothing like suddenly realizing you have to move into one. Furniture is not an issue -- the dining room table that seats 10, Cliff's big desk, the despised Sleep Number Bed and other items will all be left or sold. We are bound to end up with an extra piece of my modular office furniture, and probably will find we have too many small accent tables, but that's not an issue to me. The problem items will be all the baskets, pots and other knickknacks from our travels, a good 3/4 of which have been packed over the last two years which means I can't remember what the heck I have. And wall decor will be an issue -- every wall in my house was covered with "stuff" until first I winnowed it down when we painted, and then the stager came in and said more stuff had to go. First order of business will be a custom made wall unit built to cover one entire wall in the living room. Because that might not happen for several months or more, I think we are going to need to take at least the 30+ boxes already packed to a self storage unit or I'll go crazy living amongst boxes while cats are trying to scale them.

Cats go to kennel for three nights starting tomorrow, and we are decamping to a guest unit at Reata Glen for Satuday and Sunday night. The marketeer has arranged for us to have dinner with a couple who live on our floor Saturday night. Not sure if brunch on Sunday will be on our own or with a new acquaintance. We'll take the time to find out where Vons, CVS, Target, the mall, etc. are. And of course I need to find the local See's candy shop! Our new apartment (Reata Glen is new construction, so our unit has never been lived in) will be open so I can take a sofa cushion in to check it against the paint (which reads grayish to me) in case we need to do an accent wall, and so we can take measurements and start thinking about furniture placement.

The photographer was here for 3.5 hours on Tuesday, he did a beautiful job! (Other than the close up of the apple with a worm hole!)

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Very nice! It should sell quickly! I would love to pickup your entire outdoor living space and drop it in my backyard!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Good luck to you! Hope it sells quickly.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This has to be tough, but we wish you a great sale and uneventful move into new digs. New chapters in the life story are fraught with anxiety, but you are strong and will tackle it with all you have. The house looks great and it's still a 'sellers' market' so I'm sure you'll get to choose from several over estimate bids. Congratulations in advance!

Can't wait to hear your success stories!

Jim

nomoretslt

Reaction score
You home is just beautiful. It will be in a bidding war this weekend. All of your artwork and decorations are so nice to look at. I know it’s hard. We sold our home last summer (lived there 37 years). Git rid of so much, but still have 3 PODS in the storage facility...
Still waiting for our home to be finished. I think you are making a wise decision. It will be an adjustment, but you will figure it all out.
Best wishes.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Beautiful. Best of luck.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Love the great room and the fireplace! Good luck in this new stage of your life.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Beautiful House and Yard. I went to Fermen Lasuen near the Intersection of 25th and Western for my Freshman and Sophomore years. We then moved to Oregon. It closed a year after we left. I learned to drive on the streets of San Pedro.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yay! It's finally happening! :cheer:

Good luck!!

Dave

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beautiful!!! Good luck with the house and best wishes starting a new chapter in your lives!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the FWIW category. For the last 5 years or so I have paid attention to those moving into my CCRC. The ones that have trouble adjusting keep pretty much to themselves. The ones who adjust quickly are the extraverts. Thus my advice is mingle, sit down with people you don't know for meals, show up for activities that may not even interest you, etc....

George

Last edited:

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
We watch 'House Hunters' and your house is the nicest that I have seen in that price range and location in southern CA.

I especially like the way the house sits high on the lot with a view over the neighborhood in the front with a two car garage below.

Best of luck with your sale and future!
Roger

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the FWIW category. For the last 5 years or so I have paid attention to those moving into my CCRC. The ones that have trouble adjusting keep pretty much to themselves. The ones who adjust quickly are the extraverts. Thus my advice is mingle, sit down with people you don't know for meals, show up for even activities that don't interest you, etc....

George

Good life lesson. Sounds exactly like the advice we are trying to instill in our introverted HS senior for heading to university next year. Or everyone making a life transition - new job, new neighborhood, new home…

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to sell quickly! It's truly a beautiful home. I wish you peace in your new home.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I love your decor and landscaping! Such unique and lovely objects in each room. I doubt you will have trouble selling at all! I know it's a lot of work getting ready to sell, and move to something smaller, but you've done so well on the getting ready part and hopefully the moving part will be easier and rewarding once you are settled in.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
In the FWIW category. For the last 5 years or so I have paid attention to those moving into my CCRC. The ones that have trouble adjusting keep pretty much to themselves. The ones who adjust quickly are the extraverts. Thus my advice is mingle, sit down with people you don't know for meals, show up for even activities that don't interest you, etc....

George

That will be the tough part for me. I'm planning to participate in several "exercise" classes; the room they hold chair yoga and some other things is just down the hall from us, so no excuses. Haven't owned a bathing suit in 35 years, but hope to join a pool class when I get up the courage to go shopping for one. We both enjoy card games, and there is something called Spite and Malice that sounds intriguing. Moving in just before the holidays will I hope give us plenty of opportunity to mingle at holiday functions, such as they are during covid.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best of luck with this new chapter in your lives!

Yes, your realtor did a fabulous job. Even down to the appropriate music to enhance the style of the home. I know if must be hard to leave such a beautiful place, but think of the years of joy it will bring to the next owner!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Love the decor and spacious backyard. You should have no trouble selling. Thanks for sharing.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I admire your style. I would change little if I moved into this house. Probably antiqued kitchen cabinetry and a master bath remodel and that's about it.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best wishes for your home sale and downsizing/move. Hope you meet nice people and and make new friends there. We will be retiring and downsizing moving in 5years soo let us know how it goes .

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to stay in our soon to be built house or back to our current house (but no downstairs full bath/bedroom). No fun thinking about that a small 2 bedroom apartment.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Your home is lovely. While it will be an adjustment downsizing, it will also be an adventure. It makes you prioritize your favorite things and let go of others. I know how hard letting go is, but over the long run, it is good. I am not near redy to downsize again, but have spent a lot of the Covid time cleaning cabinets and closets getting rid of things that I know my "kids" will never want.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait to hear how the sale goes.
Whoever purchases your home is getting a great property. Somebody above mentioned house hunters - it feels like a showcase that would be on that show.