• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SoCal for Week 52?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, all.

I have a question about how hard it is to get a resort on the Southern California coast for the week after Christmas. I know that SoCal summer is a very hard trade, and that SoCal winter is usually easier, but I assume week 52 is tougher than most other winter weeks. My question is, just how tough is Week 52 for Southern California Coastal? (Christmas week near San Diego sounds pretty good to this Michiganian.) Any experiences with this? Or can anyone with a strong trader check and tell me, in general terms, if they see anything? (Specific results would have to go on the Sightings board.)

Thanks!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Week 52 is definitely the most hardest winter week for trade.

I own a fixed week 52, and in RCI it trades just a notch below a summer week. In RCI Points, Week 52 gets the same number of points as a summer week.

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just before Christmas, I was looking for a southern Cal coastal week for Christmas 2006. I did see availability, but not necessarily the best rated resorts, with an ocean view, or large enough unit. After a few weeks, I was able to get a 2 bedroom at the Tamarack. Personally, I wouldn't consider that area during Christmas a really hard trade. Harder, maybe, but not hard.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
T_R_Oglodyte said:
Week 52 is definitely the most hardest winter week for trade.

I own a fixed week 52, and in RCI it trades just a notch below a summer week. In RCI Points, Week 52 gets the same number of points as a summer week.
Thanks for the info, Steve. Is your week 52 at Winner's Circle? How do you like the resort? And have you ever stayed there week 52?

northwoodsgal said:
Just before Christmas, I was looking for a southern Cal coastal week for Christmas 2006. I did see availability, but not necessarily the best rated resorts, with an ocean view, or large enough unit. After a few weeks, I was able to get a 2 bedroom at the Tamarack. Personally, I wouldn't consider that area during Christmas a really hard trade. Harder, maybe, but not hard.
Thanks, Northwoodsgal. What were you using to trade with?

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
JudyS,
I'm posting a sighting for week 52 weeks available in sightings.
Edye

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw your sightings post, Edye! Thanks very much!

If you get a chance, could you check if you see anything for 2006? I'm actually wondering how useful my "Home Group Reservation Window" is in RCI Points. It's currently showing me several SoCal coastal resorts for Christmas 2006, but I don't know how hard those weeks are to get via other methods. (I currently don't have a decent RCI Weeks trader.)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
JudyS said:
Thanks for the info, Steve. Is your week 52 at Winner's Circle? How do you like the resort? And have you ever stayed there week 52?

Thanks, Northwoodsgal. What were you using to trade with?
We've never stayed there; we've always traded. We thought we were going to start using it, as our daughter recently moved to north San Diego County. But now it looks as if they might move after just a couple of months there.

But someday we hope to visit! In the meantime, it allows me to make use of VacationTyme at other VRI resorts. My wife jost left for San Diego yesterday to visit my daughter, and they will probably take advantage or our day use privileges.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
T_R_Oglodyte said:
We've never stayed there; we've always traded. We thought we were going to start using it, as our daughter recently moved to north San Diego County. But now it looks as if they might move after just a couple of months there.

But someday we hope to visit! In the meantime, it allows me to make use of VacationTyme at other VRI resorts. My wife jost left for San Diego yesterday to visit my daughter, and they will probably take advantage or our day use privileges.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that Winners' Circle offered day use privileges.

I also own a VRI managed-resort (several, actually) but I've never really paid attention to VacationTyme. I should look into it.