• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So, what are you drinking these days? Any hazy drinkers?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I need to make note of these Hazes mentioned and then see if Total Wine carries any of them. I hate not being able to taste something before I buy it.
I really haven't had a hazy that I didn't like (and I loathe normal IPA's) so I suspect that you will like most of them. Some just aren't quite as flavorful as others, but they all have a similar flavor profile.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I think that is a great one. One of my favorites!

In case anyone has access to beers from Stone Brewing, I really like their new mexican lager. It's called Buenaveza. It's really drinkable and especially good on a hot day.

For the record, I am enjoying a Lacroix Passion Fruit water. What is wrong with me?! :D

Buenaveza is awesome for a pool side beer.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'll be drinking this tonight. One of my local favorites.

1596311981316.png

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
46c80bb96c3e26a16db67a4fba1e2094.jpg

Me at Belching Beaver enjoying a mango IPA

So does the mask act as an extra filter? Or do you have a hidden straw?

Next time I’m in Oceanside I will have to go there. I was to be there in September at the Worldmark the night before Kaaboo at Petco. But now that it’s cancelled we are going to Zion and skipping SD County.

But I have a ticket for Kaaboo next year so maybe I can get to BB then.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
The hoppiest beer I ever tasted is Finnegan's Cluster Truck. All their profits go to the food shelves.

1596316376712.png

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Been drinking Moscow Mules, or some variation of that for years. I have not find a new drink, they are suddenly very trendy, or at least they were when bars were open.

It doesn't have to be Tito's. Actually I like the recipe with Deep Eddy's Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka.

1596316794350.png

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
So does the mask act as an extra filter? Or do you have a hidden straw?

Next time I’m in Oceanside I will have to go there. I was to be there in September at the Worldmark the night before Kaaboo at Petco. But now that it’s cancelled we are going to Zion and skipping SD County.

But I have a ticket for Kaaboo next year so maybe I can get to BB then.

That mouth filter turns a hazy into a regular IPA. That picture was at the Vista business park location.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I pulled this thread back up as I just tried my first Haze IPA. It was Firestone Mind Haze IPA out of Paso Robles, CA. It was great!!! I finally started a list to keep track of the beers I like, and don't like. I will definitely be buying this one again.

Try the App UNTAPPD — it tracks beers available in your location and allows you to rate beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Just finished a home made MaiTai. Jigger of Silver Rum, Jigger of Amber Rum, POG, ice, and a splash of Dark Rum.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Try the App UNTAPPD — it tracks beers available in your location and allows you to rate beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just downloaded it. Looks like it will be fun to play with. I'm thinking, or hoping, that there is someplace I can set up a list of the beers I like and don't like.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I’m still having fun making cocktails this summer. My husband lost a crown so I’m trying to make soft foods until he can get to the dentist on Sunday. Which led to attempting a crockpot bolognese recipe (crockpot on account of it being 109F here today and not wanting to heat up the kitchen), only to discover my crockpot is too small for the full recipe, and then to decide after an hour not much was happening and turning the oven on to cook the sauce 4 hrs after all. So much for it being too hot to cook.

All of which led to me wanting an Italian cocktail, which should be a Negroni but a frozen drink seemed like an even better idea.

So behold the Florentine Freeze, which is:
1.5 oz gin
1.5 oz Campari (but I used Aperol)
2.5 oz frozen OJ concentrate
1 cup ice

Whirled in the blender and garnished with cherry and orange slices.

Once cocktail hour is over, we‘ll tuck into a caprese salad and pasta with bolognese.

950090C1-E790-4C4D-A7B3-262EE8D1458E.jpeg

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We made Strawberry-Peach Sangria tonight.
Recipe courtesy of Bahama Breeze Restaurant.
We'll be sloshed by Midnight.

Tomorrow: Strawberry Margaritas.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buenaveza is awesome for a pool side beer.
I'll have to try that one from Stone. Since others are also speaking of Firestone, I just enjoyed an 805 in my backyard not ten minutes ago!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
@heathpack, DW told me we went for the watermelon margaritas minus the elderflower stuff. Though only about 95 F here it was quite refreshing. Thanks!

I'm more of a hazy guy, so chased it with a Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing..

Jim

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m in the Bend area this week. Got some Crux Fermentation Project Bubble Wrap hazy for happy hour tonight.

Another quality brew from Crux. Both DW and I thought it was a great beer. I say it was subtle for a hazy. I may have to go and purchase some more to bring home.

Harland Brewing from San Diego is still has my recent favorites but boy this one is close.

We also had a Crux Gimme Mo which was really good but not close to the Bubble Wrap. It was a regular IPA. It was lower in ABV 6.2% and lower in IBUs around 50. Tasty but not after a superior brew.

For those of you who are planning a trip to Bend go to Crux. It’s within walking distance of the Old Mill area. A fun place to go when not in a pandemic. We had to go cans tonight. Per our friends the Old Mill area has been crowded this week. We arrived tonight.

Hoping to report on a Boneyard beer later on this week.

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard
I have liked IPA's for many years but am not a huge fan of the hazy ones or lots of citrus. I don't mind some citrus in my beer but many I have tried have too much citrus for my taste in a beer. Kind of like I'll eat mustard, but not on my ice cream... :)

My go to IPA's / American Pale Ales (in no particular order): Stone IPA, Sweetwater IPA or 420, Lagunitas IPA or Little Sumpin' Sumpin', Bell's Two Hearted, South Bound Hoplin' IPA (Savannah, GA) or Moon River Swamp Fox (Savannah, GA) . One of the few citrussy (and a little hazy) ones I can drink is Southern Barrel Damn Yankee IPA (Bluffton, SC).

Lots more craft beers I have tasted and enjoyed at breweries but most are difficult to find locally here on the island. I also like a good lager or pilsner depending on when I am drinking it / or with what food. For example, I'll sometimes drink a pilsner with lunch as it tends to be a little lighter and not as bitter as an IPA. That being said, we haven't been out a lot lately during the virus apocalypse...

Paul

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard
My current favorite is Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing (Chico, Ca),
Tonight DW and I went to a restaurant (Mixx on Main on the island) we recently discovered that has great food, service and excellent socially distanced tables. Anyway, after reading the earlier posts, I tried a sample of the Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing on draft and was so impressed I ordered a glass. So, never say never and keep trying new things! Thanks for the suggestion!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had a Harland Brewing Sunken Isles hazy IPA yesterday.
After my recent trip to San Diego Harland Brewing is my favorite. I had two other hazys that were fantastic. They went well with our dinners from The Taco Stand in La Jolla.
Finally got over to Harland today. I tried the hazy - really liked it! and the Haupia Milkshake IPA which I didn't find to be all that flavorful but my husband loved it. Go figure.

20200918_145756.jpg