• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So, what are you drinking these days? Any hazy drinkers?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's time to update your hazy game. :)
Even so, I have always been a lager drinker and likely always will be. Sierra Nevada Summerfest is THE BEST! Available seasonally, so stock up and keep it deeply chilled!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Even so, I have always been a lager drinker and likely always will be. Sierra Nevada Summerfest is THE BEST! Available seasonally, so stock up and keep it deeply chilled!
I'd rather have a lager than a west coast IPA, and agree that the Sierra Nevada is a good one.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have a lager than a west coast IPA, and agree that the Sierra Nevada is a good one.

I forgot to mention Fieldwork has many great hazy IPAS.

They are based in Berkeley and have taprooms in Monterey, Sacramento and Napa. I go out of my way to order their beers.

In Monterey their taproom is in a beer garden very close to downtown. The one in Napa is at the Oxbow Market.

Cheers to all. By the way....DW and I enjoyed our Pizza Port Permanent Vacays last night. Very well made and tasty if you like that style of IPA.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Here's the recipe I like...
1. Place about 10 mint leaves and 1 lime wedge in a glass. Muddle to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oil and the lime juice.
2. Add 2 oz. lime juice and 2 oz. simple syrup* (or 2 T sugar) and muddle again.
3. Fill glass with ice.
4. Add 1 1/2 to 2 oz. white rum.
5. Top with club soda to fill the glass.
6. Stir gently to blend all and enjoy!

I bought a real muddler which works well and makes me feel like I'm a pro!
This may be sweeter than more official recipes I’ve seen but I like the taste.

*Sugar works OK but you can end up with a little grittiness from undissolved crystals, so I prefer the syrup. To make simple syrup, mix a equal amount of sugar and water and heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture boils. Chill before using. 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water makes about 6 oz. of syrup

Great recipe. To reduce sugar you can replace with liquid stevia (not granules because it has same problem as sugar).

Lastly, if you substitute Brazilian Rum (Cachacha) which is made from cane not molasses, you have a Capirinhas, the Brazilian national drink. Also very tasty!

Last edited:

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My current non-alcoholic obsession is Passion Fruit La Croix. I have tried a lot of the flavors and liked most of them but my goodness, I love the Passion Fruit!

And after years of being completely turned off by IPA craft beer, I found hazy IPA's. I am such a convert (and very late to the party, lol). My current favorite is Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing (Chico, Ca), followed by Saturhaze by Green Flash (San Diego). Third place is Mindhaze by Firestone Brewing (Paso Robles). Someday we will be able to go to breweries again <<sigh>>. Until then, it's just take out.

By the way, we received a ton of mint in our farm box this week. I checked out the liquor cabinet and found some Malibu Rum (why do I have that??), so tonight I am making Coconut Mint Mojitos. Wish me luck.

I am also a fan of The Passionfruit sparkling water....current obession is Twinings coldbrew...passionfruit, Mango & blood orange.

I have quit drinking because I am trying to keep the Blood sugars under control but had to have a Big Wave from Kona Brewing company over the weekend. Another fav is Mac& Jack.

DD was engaged to a Brazilian for a while & he introduced us to Cachacha....with either pepsi or fruit juice. We prefer it to most rums

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had rum runners last week, haven’t had them is several years. Forgot how yummy and alcoholic they were.

Mmmmm.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I forgot to mention Fieldwork has many great hazy IPAS.

They are based in Berkeley and have taprooms in Monterey, Sacramento and Napa. I go out of my way to order their beers.

In Monterey their taproom is in a beer garden very close to downtown. The one in Napa is at the Oxbow Market.

Cheers to all. By the way....DW and I enjoyed our Pizza Port Permanent Vacays last night. Very well made and tasty if you like that style of IPA.

We were just at Fieldworks (San Mateo Annex) the other day. Scored spot by fire pit and was able to social distance and drink DIPAs (Hazy of course) with friends that haven’t seen one another in person for months.
It was great!
Our bars in Santa Clara County are closed, but can get a Pliney at Fibbar McGees now (finally) walking distance from home.
Safeway has SN Hazy Little Thing for $14 a 12 pack! That will last us.

81a5fb4690e54b69cd92bdaba687b540.jpg

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were just at Fieldworks (San Mateo Annex) the other day. Scored spot by fire pit and was able to social distance and drink DIPAs (Hazy of course) with friends that haven’t seen one another in person for months.
It was great!
Our bars in Santa Clara County are closed, but can get a Pliney at Fibbar McGees now (finally) walking distance from home.
Safeway has SN Hazy Little Thing for $14 a 12 pack! That will last us.

81a5fb4690e54b69cd92bdaba687b540.jpg

Cheers!

I was inspired! (But I just went to my backyard).
20200706_192623.jpg

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonight was Belching Beaver Hazers Gonna Haze. I was inspired to do a hazy.

Belching Beaver is in Oceanside. The beer was fresh and tasty. My first one was not quite cold enough so I put them in the freezer for ten minutes for an extra chill. The second one was even better with the extra chill.

I had them after walking the beach this afternoon in Coronado. Very crowded for Coronado for those of you who know the beach. I wanted to walk to North Island but we reversed direction and went south instead. It was warm.

I am just a little bummed. I was supposed to be at a Padres/Dodger game tonight with my 20 year old. But it was a good day anyway. He was with us in Coronado.

I do recommend the Belching Beaver Hazy. DW liked it too especially when I chilled it more.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Funny you should ask. I put in a liquor store order at the beginning of COVID and have been making one cocktail per day for Home Happy Hour.

Probably my favorite drink is the Spicy Pineapple Margarita.

1. Make Pineapple Sour Mix: stir 1/2 cup freshly squeezed pineapple juice with 1/4 cup each freshly squeezed lemon & lime juice and 1/4 cup sugar until sugar is dissolved. This will keep for several days.
2. Rub an 8oz glass with lime and rim with salt. Improvement: homemade sirarcha rim salt. Fill glass with crushed ice and garnish with a lime wheel.
3. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with crushed ice. Add 1oz each reposado tequila and orange liqueur (I use Grand Marnier), 2 oz pineapple sour mix, and a few slices of fresh jalapeño. Shake until outside of shaker is frosty and then strain into prepared glass.

26884F37-0E1C-4A23-80A3-BC895A929415.jpeg

Drink of this week, though, has been the Frozen Watermelon Margarita: blend around 3 cups frozen watermelon chunks with the juice of one lime, 1oz tequila blanco, 3/4 oz elderflower liqueur and a pinch of salt.

04F65A56-4D9E-4C89-86F6-01E32A5561B2.jpeg

Other discoveries

The Aviation: gin, maraschino liqueur, lemon juice, creme de violette, garnished with a cherry

La Pinela: tequila, pineapple juice, Licor 43 (vanilla-y, cinnamon-y), lime juice, served with a cinnamon sugar rim

And also: Sidecar, Hemmingway Daiquiri, Scorpion Cup, Pain Killer, Pegu Club, Paloma

:D

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Funny you should ask. I put in a liquor store order at the beginning of COVID and have been making one cocktail per day for Home Happy Hour.

Probably my favorite drink is the Spicy Pineapple Margarita.

1. Make Pineapple Sour Mix: stir 1/2 cup freshly squeezed pineapple juice with 1/4 cup each freshly squeezed lemon & lime juice and 1/4 cup sugar until sugar is dissolved. This will keep for several days.
2. Rub an 8oz glass with lime and rim with salt. Improvement: homemade sirarcha rim salt. Fill glass with crushed ice and garnish with a lime wheel.
3. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with crushed ice. Add 1oz each reposado tequila and orange liqueur (I use Grand Marnier), 2 oz pineapple sour mix, and a few slices of fresh jalapeño. Shake until outside of shaker is frosty and then strain into prepared glass.

View attachment 23164

Drink of this week, though, has been the Frozen Watermelon Margarita: blend around 3 cups frozen watermelon chunks with the juice of one lime, 1oz tequila blanco, 3/4 oz elderflower liqueur and a pinch of salt.

View attachment 23165

Other discoveries

The Aviation: gin, maraschino liqueur, lemon juice, creme de violette, garnished with a cherry

La Pinela: tequila, pineapple juice, Licor 43 (vanilla-y, cinnamon-y), lime juice, served with a cinnamon sugar rim

And also: Sidecar, Hemmingway Daiquiri, Scorpion Cup, Pain Killer, Pegu Club, Paloma

:D
Those look very professional! After covid, I'm coming to your house!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Bud lite or Micalobe Ultra I like beer to taste like beer not fruit. In England last September, had Carling it was so good. Haven’t seen Black Label in USA for a long time.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I pulled this thread back up as I just tried my first Haze IPA. It was Firestone Mind Haze IPA out of Paso Robles, CA. It was great!!! I finally started a list to keep track of the beers I like, and don't like. I will definitely be buying this one again.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Tonight was Belching Beaver Hazers Gonna Haze. I was inspired to do a hazy.

Belching Beaver is in Oceanside. The beer was fresh and tasty. My first one was not quite cold enough so I put them in the freezer for ten minutes for an extra chill. The second one was even better with the extra chill.

I had them after walking the beach this afternoon in Coronado. Very crowded for Coronado for those of you who know the beach. I wanted to walk to North Island but we reversed direction and went south instead. It was warm.

I am just a little bummed. I was supposed to be at a Padres/Dodger game tonight with my 20 year old. But it was a good day anyway. He was with us in Coronado.

I do recommend the Belching Beaver Hazy. DW liked it too especially when I chilled it more.

BB has a full restaurant in downtown Vista and Pub980 in the business park area of Vista. I like the Here Comes Mango IPA.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a Harland Brewing Sunken Isles hazy IPA yesterday.
After my recent trip to San Diego Harland Brewing is my favorite. I had two other hazys that were fantastic. They went well with our dinners from The Taco Stand in La Jolla.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I need to make note of these Hazes mentioned and then see if Total Wine carries any of them. I hate not being able to taste something before I buy it.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Bud lite or Micalobe Ultra I like beer to taste like beer not fruit. In England last September, had Carling it was so good. Haven’t seen Black Label in USA for a long time.

Bud Light and Michelob taste like beer? On what planet? ;-)

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I pulled this thread back up as I just tried my first Haze IPA. It was Firestone Mind Haze IPA out of Paso Robles, CA. It was great!!! I finally started a list to keep track of the beers I like, and don't like. I will definitely be buying this one again.
Yes, Firestone Walker brews some great beers. I have really enjoyed some of their bourbon barrel aged beers.

Kurt

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Pliny for President 2020
Double Dry-Hopped
Yum...
4bf71130f18c60df180732d82e2ed7fb.jpg

Russian River Brewery (Santa Rosa, CA) Beer List
b403e53b1c55e1a3f8d91e8f6d688b0f.jpg

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Okay, I'll admit it. I miss going to places with craft beers where I can try them out first.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pliny for President 2020
Double Dry-Hopped
Yum...

One pint of Pliny the Elder is my limit. Very tasty stuff.

This sounds tasty too.

Someday I hope to try Pliny the Younger.

The Russian River brewpub in Windsor is within walking distance of the Worldmark. It's almost a mile according to Google maps. A 19 minute walk.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think that is a great one. One of my favorites!

In case anyone has access to beers from Stone Brewing, I really like their new mexican lager. It's called Buenaveza. It's really drinkable and especially good on a hot day.

For the record, I am enjoying a Lacroix Passion Fruit water. What is wrong with me?! :D

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pliny for President 2020
Double Dry-Hopped
Yum...
4bf71130f18c60df180732d82e2ed7fb.jpg

Russian River Brewery (Santa Rosa, CA) Beer List
b403e53b1c55e1a3f8d91e8f6d688b0f.jpg

My husband will be kind of jealous, but also very happy for you! Wait until I tell him that Pliny has a new cousin.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had a Harland Brewing Sunken Isles hazy IPA yesterday.
After my recent trip to San Diego Harland Brewing is my favorite. I had two other hazys that were fantastic. They went well with our dinners from The Taco Stand in La Jolla.
It's funny that you mention Harland. My husband was just talking about it with a friend and it's next up on our list of places to visit.