• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So, what are you drinking these days? Any hazy drinkers?

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Sweet and simple, with ingredients that are readily available. In Hawaii, I prefer POG Nectar and Hana Bay Dark Rum. Thanks for starting this thread. I can't wait to see more suggestions.
Back when I was working and could afford to go to Hawaii (I *AM* the Makai Guy, after all...) I'm sure we consumed GALLONS of this particular mixture from various Lanais.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I don't drink very often because I am trying to watch my weight and my stomach cannot take it anymore but when I do I am similar to @amycurl

With BBQ ribs: Bourbon and Ginger Ale with a splash of lemon

Anytime (with Pepcid): Skinny Blood Orange Margaritas:
100% Agave tequila
Fresh lime juice
sparkling mineral water
1/4 cup of diet Tonic Water
Blood Orange juice (fresh preferred)
Liquid Stevia sweetener
On the rocks with salted rim

Hawaii at sunset: Mai Tai

More frequently, I make the Skinny Margarita without the alcohol.

My DH loves craft beers. I will have to try hazy as I am not much of a beer or wine drinker. Been trying ciders.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been harvesting my quarantine herb garden to make Basil Vodka Gimlet Coolers!
(I think they are most refreshing with lots of club soda.)

Big handful of fresh basil leaves
1 TBS sugar
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
1.5 oz vodka
Club soda

Muddle basil leaves with sugar and an ice cube in a cocktail shaker.
Add lime juice, vodka, more ice, and shake until very cold.
Pour into ice filled glass. Top with club soda and garnish with fresh basil.

1593960632530_2.jpg

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just Costco XO, Jack and Tanqueray with lemon and lime slices.

I wish Costco in Virginia sold alcohol. I need a two week vacation in Myrtle Beach to stock up on some spirts.lol

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Vodka, soda and more vodka. Sometimes a lime if there is room.

The hazy IPA craze is big here now. The hazy got its start in New Hampshire I believe.

Try a Belching Beaver Here Comes Mango IPA. Not hazy but has a nice mango flavor.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Even though I'm not drinking alcohol too much these days I still like Crown Royal for the hard stuff and Miller High Life for beer. I like drinking diet Peach Snapple for sun set. Nothing too exciting I guess.

It is interesting to read some of the beverage choices so far.

Bill

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out any Modern Times Ipa or Pizza Port. I’m hoping the Modern Times tasting room off Sports Arena Blvd. is open. I arrived in SD minutes ago and hope to enjoy a socially distanced pint outdoors there sometime this week. SD has some great beer places.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Check out any Modern Times Ipa or Pizza Port. I’m hoping the Modern Times tasting room off Sports Arena Blvd. is open. I arrived in SD minutes ago and hope to enjoy a socially distanced pint outdoors there sometime this week. SD has some great beer places.
We love the North Park location. My husband says if you like dank IPA'S try Blazing World. Also the hazy called Orderville. Have one for us and enjoy the amazing weather because it's pretty much perfect this weekend.

And as far as Pizza Port goes, he recommends the Swami's.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Well, here's my quick fun drink: get a small bottle Hawaiian punch, drink out 1/3 straight from bottle, add OJ and coconut rum. Shake up and serve over crushed ice. Pretty close to a Bahama Mama at a timeshare pool! I hum Jimmy Buffet when making it. Can also mix up and take wherever one can go these days.
Otherwise we like all of the $10 Chateau St. Jean wine varieties from the grocery store. I'd put them against a $50 bottle of wine any day.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love the North Park location. My husband says if you like dank IPA'S try Blazing World. Also the hazy called Orderville. Have one for us and enjoy the amazing weather because it's pretty much perfect this weekend.

We are enjoying a couple of Pizza Port Permanent Vacays tonight. But no more than a couple. DW and I walked around Liberty Station this afternoon and for SD it’s hot.

When my son was in graduate school at UCSD he took me to North Park. I like it there. Lots of good craft beer places. I want to take DW there. Maybe next year.

So much to do in SD.

I want to go to Coronado tomorrow. I have a lot of history there. My grandmother moved there in 1964. We had to ride the ferry boat to get there back then from SD.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

Port brewing in San Marcos which is in the same building as Lost Abbey, makes one called Dank and Sticky. Seriously smells like weed. It’s delicious.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the variety of craft beers here in San Diego! But straight-up IPAs aren't my favorite, either. I prefer brown ales with a slightly malty flavor - which figures since my favorite dessert is a chocolate malt!

I usually have a drink or two of either beer or red wine on the weekends. Today with my takeout Mexican dinner I'm having a "handcrafted margarita" made with LaCroix Tangerine sparkling water, Triple Sec and tequila. Just for a change-up!

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Kind of jealous that you have a margarita machine! How fun!

And its the big (commercial?) size too! We love our frozen drinks as do our adult kids, and now our grandkids, sans alcohol of course! I just add juice and the machine mixes it with crushed ice to make a slushy sort of 'drink' for them.
DH saw the machine on sale about 10 years ago and also bought the canvas carry bag for it. It has been on many timeshare vacations (mostly to Florida) with us. We even had a US border guard once ask us what was in the large case seat belted into the back seat of the car. When DH told him it was a Margaritaville Machine he asked to see it. He asked where we were going and why we were taking it. We said what's a beach vacation without a frozen Margarita or Pina Colada?

~Diane

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Just finished a great mojito. Fell in love with them on our tour of Cuba last year and have finally perfected the version I like. Very refreshing on a 90 degree day.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Just finished a great mojito. Fell in love with them on our tour of Cuba last year and have finally perfected the version I like. Very refreshing on a 90 degree day.
Well, don't keep us in suspense! Can you share your secret to a perfect mojito? :)

Kurt

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Port brewing in San Marcos which is in the same building as Lost Abbey, makes one called Dank and Sticky. Seriously smells like weed. It’s delicious.
I've been told that dank=weed but although I've tried a few dank beers, they are not my thing. :D

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And its the big (commercial?) size too! We love our frozen drinks as do our adult kids, and now our grandkids, sans alcohol of course! I just add juice and the machine mixes it with crushed ice to make a slushy sort of 'drink' for them.
DH saw the machine on sale about 10 years ago and also bought the canvas carry bag for it. It has been on many timeshare vacations (mostly to Florida) with us. We even had a US border guard once ask us what was in the large case seat belted into the back seat of the car. When DH told him it was a Margaritaville Machine he asked to see it. He asked where we were going and why we were taking it. We said what's a beach vacation without a frozen Margarita or Pina Colada?

~Diane
We have a winner! Well done...taking your margaritarator with you. Don't leave home without it! ;)

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Well, don't keep us in suspense! Can you share your secret to a perfect mojito? :)

Kurt
Here's the recipe I like...
1. Place about 10 mint leaves and 1 lime wedge in a glass. Muddle to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oil and the lime juice.
2. Add 2 oz. lime juice and 2 oz. simple syrup* (or 2 T sugar) and muddle again.
3. Fill glass with ice.
4. Add 1 1/2 to 2 oz. white rum.
5. Top with club soda to fill the glass.
6. Stir gently to blend all and enjoy!

I bought a real muddler which works well and makes me feel like I'm a pro!
This may be sweeter than more official recipes I’ve seen but I like the taste.

*Sugar works OK but you can end up with a little grittiness from undissolved crystals, so I prefer the syrup. To make simple syrup, mix a equal amount of sugar and water and heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture boils. Chill before using. 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water makes about 6 oz. of syrup

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last time I was a Hazy Drinker was in my twenties -- about 35 years ago. Things got a little hazy but ... it always worked out OK the next morning day.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The last time I was a Hazy Drinker was in my twenties -- about 35 years ago. Things got a little hazy but ... it always worked out OK the next morning day.
It's time to update your hazy game. :)