• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So, what are you drinking these days? Any hazy drinkers?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
My current non-alcoholic obsession is Passion Fruit La Croix. I have tried a lot of the flavors and liked most of them but my goodness, I love the Passion Fruit!

And after years of being completely turned off by IPA craft beer, I found hazy IPA's. I am such a convert (and very late to the party, lol). My current favorite is Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing (Chico, Ca), followed by Saturhaze by Green Flash (San Diego). Third place is Mindhaze by Firestone Brewing (Paso Robles). Someday we will be able to go to breweries again <<sigh>>. Until then, it's just take out.

By the way, we received a ton of mint in our farm box this week. I checked out the liquor cabinet and found some Malibu Rum (why do I have that??), so tonight I am making Coconut Mint Mojitos. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
With me, it’s the same ole, same ole. I’m just not very adventurous when it comes to food and drink. So, I have a couple of Gentleman Jack & Coke highballs most afternoons. Back in the olden days, when we could go out to eat, I would have an Old Fashioned or some variation, thereof. I think I will make it a point to branch out and start trying some different bourbons. I’m looking forward to reading this thread and see what kind of responses you get.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
That looks delicious! A little taste of the islands.
Sweet and simple, with ingredients that are readily available. In Hawaii, I prefer POG Nectar and Hana Bay Dark Rum. Thanks for starting this thread. I can't wait to see more suggestions.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With me, it’s the same ole, same ole. I’m just not very adventurous when it comes to food and drink. So, I have a couple of Gentleman Jack & Coke highballs most afternoons. Back in the olden days, when we could go out to eat, I would have an Old Fashioned or some variation, thereof. I think I will make it a point to branch out and start trying some different bourbons. I’m looking forward to reading this thread and see what kind of responses you get.
Someday if we ever get to go to breweries or tasting rooms again, you can get a flight of tasters. That way you will be able to find something that you may like. That's how I found that I hated IPA's but liked hazy's.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Someday if we ever get to go to breweries or tasting rooms again, you can get a flight of tasters. That way you will be able to find something that you may like. That's how I found that I hated IPA's but liked hazy's.
Fortunately, in Minnesota, several of the craft beer tap rooms have reopened, but with outdoor seating only.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Blood Mary’s lately.

I do love Hazy IPAs as well as a excellent Saison. It will be nice to go to our local brewery for date night.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I love IPAs. I've only had them a couple of times since we've been locked down, and that was from a take out place that is also a brewery. Tonight I finished off the Newcastle that had been hanging around. We've also been drinking some cab that my dd got from a winery in Napa she really likes. But really, we haven't been drinking much, maybe a glass of wine on the weekend.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fortunately, in Minnesota, several of the craft beer tap rooms have reopened, but with outdoor seating only.
Ours may have opened, then closed again - I don't know because we are just staying home for now. The last place that I went before we unofficially locked down was my favorite local place, Second Chance Brewing. It was also where we have a last minute 35th wedding anniversary party. Those were the days, lol. I'll give them a little plug: https://www.secondchancebeer.com/locations/carmel-mountain/

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
My current non-alcoholic obsession is Passion Fruit La Croix. I have tried a lot of the flavors and liked most of them but my goodness, I love the Passion Fruit!

And after years of being completely turned off by IPA craft beer, I found hazy IPA's. I am such a convert (and very late to the party, lol). My current favorite is Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing (Chico, Ca), followed by Saturhaze by Green Flash San Diego). Third place is Mindhaze by Firestone Brewing (San Luis Obisbpo). Someday we will be able to go to breweries again <<sigh>>. Until then, it's just take out.

By the way, we received a ton of mint in our farm box this week. I checked out the liquor cabinet and found some Malibu Rum (why do I have that??), so tonight I am making Coconut Mint Mojitos. Wish me luck.

I am spoiled here. My youngest lives in the philly area near tired hands. Our timeshare in VT is close to Lawson's Finest and a short drive to The Alchemist. We drive often to Burlington for Foam. My oldest lives close to Trillium. When we visit we drive right by the best IMHO Treehouse.

I imagine you cannot get any of those. I like your west coast IPA's too. Another you can probably get is Sam Adams New England IPA. I do not usually recommend many Boston Beer products but this one is very good.

The latest is milkshake IPA's, It usually is a hazy IPA with lactose to increase the creaminess. I am not the biggest fan as most breweries overdo the lactose and make it sweet and to my palate heavy.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Had cc and ginger recently, used to drink them years ago.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am spoiled here. My youngest lives in the philly area near tired hands. Our timeshare in VT is close to Lawson's Finest and a short drive to The Alchemist. We drive often to Burlington for Foam. My oldest lives close to Trillium. When we visit we drive right by the best IMHO Treehouse.

I imagine you cannot get any of those. I like your west coast IPA's too. Another you can probably get is Sam Adams New England IPA. I do not usually recommend many Boston Beer products but this one is very good.

The latest is milkshake IPA's, It usually is a hazy IPA with lactose to increase the creaminess. I am not the biggest fan as most breweries overdo the lactose and make it sweet and to my palate heavy.
A milkshake was my gateway hazy. I had it on Maui of all places and it was Ola Brew Lilikoi Lime Zest Milkshake. It was so good that I had two. And the rest is history.

You would have to talk to my husband about beer - it's his hobby/passion. I am just along for the ride.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

nomoretslt

Reaction score
My favorite is a Narcoosee’s Sidecar. It is served at Narcoosees Restaurant at the Grand Floridian Resort in Walt Disney World. I have no idea what the ingredients are, but I love the sugar on the rim of the glass. We are in the midst of packing up and moving and all of the spirits are way in the back of the POD. I sure could go for one right about now. Saddest Fourth of July ever with fireworks cancelled. Have been drinking lots of wine though....that much less to worry about moving.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing with @DaveNV a couple nights ago. The local brew-pubs have all opened then closed again. Some breweries and restaurants with outdoor seating have stayed open and offered carry-out package goods. That will work all Summer, but sometime after September when the days get cold and dark it won't be pretty.

Those who want some alcohol may need to get it by IV with the Chloroquine!

JIm

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blood Mary’s lately.

I do love Hazy IPAs as well as a excellent Saison. It will be nice to go to our local brewery for date night.
I need a good Bloody Mary recipe. I like the idea of them, but a lot of times they are way too spicy for me.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I always like a good Gin and Tonic in the summer but I love a good Mai Tai like Art.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I am a red wine drinker myself. My DW and I discovered a family owned winery in Pahrump, NV (just over an hour from Las Vegas) recently, so took a day trip there on Monday. Drove through Red Rock Canyon National Park (free with my Senior Lifetime Pass) on the way, had lunch in Pahrump and then hit the Sanders Family Winery. We had the place to ourselves until we were about to wrap things up, which made it even better. Very good white and red wine and they had complimentary tastings. The owner started the Pahrump Valley Winery and Restaurant many years ago, sold it, and then started this one. We met him while we were there. The staff was very friendly too. Someone else is trying to start another winery up there and make the area the wine capital of Nevada. They primarily ship in grapes from the Central California coast and other locations, but do have own a vineyard as well.

I also enjoy Kahlua and Cream, although I use Almond Milk, every now and then. Bought a bottle of Kahlua when we were in Cabo last year. It's all the same, but it seems to taste better knowing I got it there.

Cheers.

Mike

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Winter: Bourbon and ginger
Summer: Gin and tonic, gin/vodka gimlet, Moscow mule, rum punches, mojitos, margaritas on the rocks frozen concoctions of almost any kind

Our pool opened about a month ago. Our tiki bar at the pool is one of the best benefits of membership. :)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Sweet and simple, with ingredients that are readily available. In Hawaii, I prefer POG Nectar and Hana Bay Dark Rum. Thanks for starting this thread. I can't wait to see more suggestions.

We prefer Koloa Dark Rum and POG. On the Mainland you can buy POG at Krogers.

We mainly drink straight whisky. Gin and Tonic is great during the summer and it is a health food. If it is true Tonic it has quinine and helps with malaria. We also drink chilled Tequila and Vodka straight during the summer.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
In summer it’s white wine or margaritas, though I had screwdrivers today. I had a Blue Hawaii at a Chinese Restaurant a couple of weekends ago.

In colder weather it’s white wine or White Russians or Irish cream. I also like a toasted almond.

None of this is good for my weight which I really need to get down because of my cholesterol. I don’t want to take statins.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
It's been quite warm (very high 80's F) here lately and will be for at least the next week so we got our Margarita machine out this afternoon. DH had a frozen Margarita and I had a Pina Colada. The brain freeze was worth it!

~Diane

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's been quite warm (very high 80's F) here lately and will be for at least the next week so we got our Margarita machine out this afternoon. DH had a frozen Margarita and I had a Pina Colada. The brain freeze was worth it!

~Diane
Kind of jealous that you have a margarita machine! How fun!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And then I'm gonna get a cocktail, vodka and ginger ale
Yeah, I'm gonna smoke a cigarette that's nine miles long
I'm gonna kiss that pretty girl on the tilt-a-whirl
'Cause this old man is goin' to town