• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So impressed!!! Desert Springs I

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just moved over from Westin Mission Hills to Marriott Desert Springs I. Haven't been here for two years and now see the renovation it went thru. The whole one bedroom is beautiful: quality kitchen cabinets, granite counter tops, stainless frig, microwave and dishwasher. Not crazy about the color of the new carpeting (maroon print) but that's me. Even their paint job throughout is tops! This unit is SO spacious compared to the small BR at MH. Glad to be sleeping in a King bed again :cheer: :).

If you haven't been back here in a while, you are missing out!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We'll be at DSV II in a couple of months.

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be there in less than two weeks. Do you have any building recommendations? We love afternoon sun and a nice view!

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last October

I was there last October and stayed in a refurbished room. It was really nice. They changed the color scheme of the buildings have also changed. The desert pink is gone. Took some getting use to, but it looks new again.

I like buildings M, N, O & P. They are at the far end and look towards the Marriott hotel.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bldg Q

I was there last October and stayed in a refurbished room. It was really nice. They changed the color scheme of the buildings have also changed. The desert pink is gone. Took some getting use to, but it looks new again.

I like buildings M, N, O & P. They are at the far end and look towards the Marriott hotel.

We are in Bldg. Q, 9699 upstairs large BR and love the view. We can watch the golfers either practice at the driving range or golfers going by. Yesterday we had at least 20 geese below our deck, pretty cool!

Heading for the 'hot seat' at Shadowridge today to get 20,000 Marriott points.

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let us know what lovely lies they tell you. Those will probably hard earned points. Enjoy your trip.

As long as you are "upfront" about your intentions, the sales staff at Shadow Ridge is very accommodating. If you say "no",you will get a nice "thank you" along with your gift. I have never been held captive by the Shadow Ridge sales staff. It is always up to you to determine the validity of the information they present.

Cheers!

E

EducatedConsumer

The Unrecognized Hero here is the General Manager of Desert Springs Villas, Susan Belleville, who has created a climate for her employees to excel, and who has overseen refurbishment projects of scope and size comparable to many municiplaities.

There's not a visit that we make to Desert Springs Villas that we do not say thank you to Susan for her leadership.

Empty Nest

TUG Member
Reaction score
amen and yes, Susan Belleville and Glen Knorr, head of engineering, have done a remarkable job with the DS Villas resort, staff, AND conserving resources. The carbon footprint gets better each year.