• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So I did it again, It was too good to pass on

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So I did it again, not my intention. It just happened. It was just too good to pass on.

I am in the process of reducing my timeshare portfolio, yes I started, because we don’t travel as much as we use to, we don’t trade as much as we did because we have acquired and know where we like to go.

So what did I do? I just went into contract on another timeshare. Why? Because the price was great and it will allow me to have 3 weeks straight in Old Key West instead of 2.

Small Downside my first 2 weeks are at the same resort, same unit, this one is at a different resort.

This was a hard decision. Initially we weren’t going to get it. Our thoughts were lets find homes for what we won’t use and when we are done we will look for the same week again.

We ended up going to lunch at a place next door to the timeshare, actually our best meal this time and then went over. We have visited before, so we knew the resort but we couldn’t get past the resort was so nice. I never saw a great price at this resort and with the higher price and higher maintenance fees I never purchased there.

Now the price was great plus the unit is a lockoff so the maintenance fee is ok as I can rent the studio or trade it in II.

Oh where did I buy, not my beloved Banyan but at Coconut Beach Resort. In Old Key West too but feels so different. It is on the water in a quiet section of Old Key West but still close enough to all.

Now if I ever get real lucky the same unit at Coconut Beach Resort will become available the week after at a great price. Did I really say that. Yep I did!
BB11A02F-BF46-4A26-BD3C-46DDA8A9D252.jpeg

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Nice! Let me know when you own it. I'm looking for a Spring 2021 rental in Key West. For real. ;)

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Nice find, I know the feeling . We keep saying we are done but our actions prove otherwise.

Bill

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulation, sound liked a good decision for you. Enjoy

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Use it in good health!!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at the Coconut Beach Resort a number of years ago and liked it and its location. As it will be your week three in Key West, it should be perfect as it is away from the Duval Street hustle and bustle which will allow you to wind down before going homw...

George

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I am trying to downsize my portfolio too, but we went to the beach (Treasure Island, Fl) and I loved the area.
Got an exchange for December ( first week) to Treasure Island Beach Club, different resort but same beach we stayed over NYE. DH doesn’t love the beach but goes because I like it. I’m thinking of going every year but not going to buy another timeshare unless, like you, I find something to good to pass up. Congratulations!
Silentg

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Congratulations. I understand. Little gems keep appearing so my portfolio keeps growing instead of dwindling.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Congrats, I’m so very happy for you. Owning in Key West is truly the better way to go. So awesome that you get to spend 3 consecutive weeks in KW.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many Congrats to you!! LOL! I understand what happened. I now own 5 weeks in another country, just COULD NOT pass up the opportunity on # 5!! ENJOY your 3 weeks of heaven!!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
OMG! I don't believe it! Well- Congrats! I am sure this was right for you- you went with your gut! Enjoy!

Brett

Reaction score
three weeks in Key West - nice
I'd be happy with one week. (during winter)

heck, I'll settle for one week during winter in Homestead

Last edited:

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Good for you guys! Three weeks in Key West sounds like a dream. Are these winter weeks?

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats, the Keys are awesome, especially new years and January/February. Enjoy.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good for you guys! Three weeks in Key West sounds like a dream. Are these winter weeks?
We have two in the winter, weeks 3 and 4 which we just left and these three will be from week 45-47. Now looking for a week 2 or 5.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well Done
I understand they are working on a vaccine for the timeshare buying disease but it is proving more difficult than they expected.:clap::)
Your in my club

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We have two in the winter, weeks 3 and 4 which we just left and these three will be from week 45-47. Now looking for a week 2 or 5.

Wait- How many weeks do you have? You have weeks 3 and 4 in the Keys. What week is this new Keys week you got? And of which are these weeks 45-47 that you speak of and where?

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
5finny said:
Well Done
I understand they are working on a vaccine for the timeshare buying disease but it is proving more difficult than they expected.:clap::)

Your in my club

Yes
The disease is highly communicable and can be transmitted by internet contact
(Based upon my wife's reactions not nearly as much risk of transmittal by personal contact)

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wait- How many weeks do you have? You have weeks 3 and 4 in the Keys. What week is this new Keys week you got? And of which are these weeks 45-47 that you speak of and where?
I have way too many weeks. I am already working on lowering my ownership.

All these weeks, 3,4 and 45-47 are in key west, 47 was the new one.

It seems as we get older we like staying in one location longer instead of going to a different resort/area each week.