• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So How's That Coronavirus Staycation Going?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
yeah :).... however we get TP from Amazon (delivered last week)
I thought Amazon was everywhere
I know some things I can get from Amazon to my home in SC I can’t get for my mom in NY, and the other way around too.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided to only purchase groceries I can stick right into the garage freezer, or wash off as soon as I get them home. Like in cans or plastic containers if possible. No more prepacked salad. I am concerned about the factory packers and their working conditions. No foods I can‘t wash off,freeze, or or cook at high temps. I might keep a thermos of hot water and soap in the car so I can wash hands before touching steering wheel. This is crazy making.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
strange. in southeast Virginia all the grocery stores and Walmart seem to have TP, paper towels and everything else. I saw no armed guards and there was no waiting in line.
But maybe in your location there are no grocery stores or walmart, only Costco.

There are plenty of stores in our area. Most have tp including Lowes and Home Depot. Getting hit with the stay at home orders from multiple sources has made things crazy when it comes to shopping I guess. I think we have about 250,000 people in our area. Fred Meyers, the Safeway's, the Walmart's and many other stores have an over 60 shopping time. We are close enough to Seattle that we did get some infection. I think we are up to 53 infected and 1 death so far.

Bill

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Patti is out of inhouse quarantine. She read how tree pollen was very high in our area. She went on her allergy medicine (prescription nose stuff and Alclear from Costco) within 36 hours she was much better and rejoined me this morning. After this scare she has agreed to wear gloves when we go grocery shopping as I have been doing. We strip them off as we leave the store and drop them in a trash can. We also wipe ourselves and our vehicle down.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
This is what I have feared that even with senior hours, the line is going to be long getting into Costco.

The seniors are the ones hoarding Everything before anyone else can get into the store.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a Telehealth appointment with our PCP today to discuss COVID-19. He was very serious about our needing to stay home and that my husband is in the very risk group due to his age. He OK'ed golfing as long as it is just my husband and me in our own golf cart. No group golfing activities, no being near anyone and no going out to the stores at all. It was a very sobering visit.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My son called yesterday to tell us he just got laid off. I told him to file for unemployment right away. He did it online but said it was very confusing and he thinks he should have waited until next week- which is his first week not working. I told him not to worry about it. Being it is supposedly a temporary lay off, he has to file every week anyway. He still has 1 1/2 paychecks coming. Crazy as just last week he started working from home and Monday they had a conference call from the President saying she wanted everyone to be safe. I think the fact that the governor just ordered everyone to stay home until May 6th as of last night might have propelled this decision by his employer.

They laid off 75% of the staff. It is a small company here, but an international one based overseas. Our son worked at the home base here in the USA right here in NH. Mostly just the head honchos holding down the fort now. And his company is actually considered an essentail one because they supply essential companies. But sales are way down despite this.

I could not help him being we cannot be together and I could not see the screens he was looking at. He has never had to do this before and I haven't been on unemployment since I was his age so things are different now! He said his health insurance is still in effect through April.

On top of it he has a new landlord that no one there has heard from at all. I am sure they will soon with the first of the month right around the corner.

Our son said the old landlord was there yesterday with the oil truck just putting a trickle of oil in the tank. Our son worried he might lose heat. Wondering about the internet/cable/electric which has been included all these years. His lease is up in June.

So now my anxiety level has skyrocketed. So much for a stress free new retirement life. All our lives will be changed forever. The country will be changed forever. I am feeling a lot of doom and gloom. I can't help it.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
No staycation, working remote and glad to still have a job. :eek:

As far as groceries, I do the Kroger lottery. I put in an order and give them a couple days to fill it and pick it up. Yes, there are a lot of items they don't have, but I'm not traipsing through the store finding that out.

When I unload, refrigerated things go in the fridge, all other things stay in quarantine in their bag on the floor for 3-4 days. Then I wash my hands.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My son called yesterday to tell us he just got laid off. I told him to file for unemployment right away. He did it online but said it was very confusing and he thinks he should have waited until next week- which is his first week not working. I told him not to worry about it. Being it is supposedly a temporary lay off, he has to file every week anyway. He still has 1 1/2 paychecks coming. Crazy as just last week he started working from home and Monday they had a conference call from the President saying she wanted everyone to be safe. I think the fact that the governor just ordered everyone to stay home until May 6th as of last night might have propelled this decision by his employer.

They laid off 75% of the staff. It is a small company here, but an international one based overseas. Our son worked at the home base here in the USA right here in NH. Mostly just the head honchos holding down the fort now. And his company is actually considered an essentail one because they supply essential companies. But sales are way down despite this.

I could not help him being we cannot be together and I could not see the screens he was looking at. He has never had to do this before and I haven't been on unemployment since I was his age so things are different now! He said his health insurance is still in effect through April.

On top of it he has a new landlord that no one there has heard from at all. I am sure they will soon with the first of the month right around the corner.

Our son said the old landlord was there yesterday with the oil truck just putting a trickle of oil in the tank. Our son worried he might lose heat. Wondering about the internet/cable/electric which has been included all these years. His lease is up in June.

So now my anxiety level has skyrocketed. So much for a stress free new retirement life. All our lives will be changed forever. The country will be changed forever. I am feeling a lot of doom and gloom. I can't help it.
Bad times for sure but eventually it will get better. You should try to hold onto that. With the new unemployment payment increases hopefully that will help him stay afloat. He can also apply for the affordable healthcare when his insurance runs out as it is a change of life. Worse case scenario, let him self isolate in his apartment for two weeks and then it would be safe for him to stay with you. Hugs, you need them.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
You know, another thing- I feel for young, single people like my son, who is 32, and my 25 year old niece, who also got laid off in NYC since she works in a gym.

They live alone in tiny apartments. They don't even have a pet. The days are long. I know things could be worse. They are not used to this type of thing. None of us are. People endured much worse over the course of history. A hard lesson for all to learn. For sure, life is not all fun and games and gum drops and lollipops.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You know, another thing- I feel for young, single people like my son, who is 32, and my 25 year old niece, who also got laid off in NYC since she works in a gym.

They live alone in tiny apartments. They don't even have a pet. The days are long. I know things could be worse. They are not used to this type of thing. None of us are. People endured much worse over the course of history. A hard lesson for all to learn. For sure, life is not all fun and games and gum drops and lollipops.
Yes extremely hard for them probably for the first times in their lives but ultimately it is hard for us all. There will be many lessons that can learn from this. Maybe the young will be better prepared for the future realizing life can change in a moment. I grew up knowing, as I heard the stories of the horrors off war from my parents, that changed their lives in a moment. Still as prepared as I could make myself, it still doesn’t make any of this easier.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Yes extremely hard for them probably for the first times in their lives but ultimately it is hard for us all. There will be many lessons that can learn from this. Maybe the young will be better prepared for the future realizing life can change in a moment. I grew up knowing, as I heard the stories of the horrors off war from my parents, that changed their lives in a moment. Still as prepared as I could make myself, it still doesn’t make any of this easier.

Right. My son at least was very close to my parents and my dad especially so he knows about the war stories and depression stories. We were preppers at home and though he thought we were nuts then, I am sure he maybe is thinking differently now. He still doesn't recall us buying him a food storage bucket for XMAS one year. He can't find it. He probably threw it out thinking we were crazy.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
At this point I can't remember what I've posted where, so if I already posted these thoughts, just chalk it up to a senior moment.

I'm retired and have my own little routine. I get up, have breakfast, go to the gym (unless I have an appointment), come home and pretty much stay in the rest of the day. So self-isolating doesn't affect me a whole lot. I've substituted a home exercise routine. But, what really bothers me is that if I WANT to go out, just to get out of the house, I can't.

Dh is going to a grocery delivery (or curbside pick up). This is huge for him as he really enjoys the grocery shopping and likes picking out the meats and fresh produce. But he said our local stores aren't doing a great job with the distancing, neither are some of the customers.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
They live alone in tiny apartments. They don't even have a pet. The days are long. I know things could be worse. They are not used to this type of thing. None of us are. People endured much worse over the course of history. A hard lesson for all to learn.
o_O
I could not imagine that kind of existence.

I hope they are well.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
At this point I can't remember what I've posted where, so if I already posted these thoughts, just chalk it up to a senior moment.

I'm retired and have my own little routine. I get up, have breakfast, go to the gym (unless I have an appointment), come home and pretty much stay in the rest of the day. So self-isolating doesn't affect me a whole lot. I've substituted a home exercise routine. But, what really bothers me is that if I WANT to go out, just to get out of the house, I can't.

Dh is going to a grocery delivery (or curbside pick up). This is huge for him as he really enjoys the grocery shopping and likes picking out the meats and fresh produce. But he said our local stores aren't doing a great job with the distancing, neither are some of the customers.
And think about buying produce that is just sitting there, like tomatoes. I bought tomatoes two weeks ago (my last time out of the house, except our walks), and I brought them home and washed them with warm water to get germs off of them. I kept wondering how many people touched those tomatoes and it kind of worried me, but I ate them anyway.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
And think about buying produce that is just sitting there, like tomatoes. I bought tomatoes two weeks ago (my last time out of the house, except our walks), and I brought them home and washed them with warm water to get germs off of them. I kept wondering how many people touched those tomatoes and it kind of worried me, but I ate them anyway.
This video has been shared all over the place, probably on this site as well, but in case you haven't seen it has some great tips and information.