• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So How's That Coronavirus Staycation Going?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're doing a lot of pre-season gardening and yard cleanup. I will get my raised beds cleaned out, fertilixed and ready for some bedding plants as soon as the frost danger passes. Maybe I'll even get some seeds started and bypass the store-bought bedding plants.

Jim

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
The honey-do list keeps getting longer. So it's great for me but my husband may have a different answer.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We are going to clean our den closet today. I hate paperwork and have almost every statement electronic, but the chimney cleaning business files are full of unnecessary paper. I cannot think of much I want to keep. It's going to be a shredding paper fest around here.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Haven't gotten bored enough yet to tackle the bedroom closet. I've mostly been doing more reading, trying to resolve a few vacations plans that needed to be cancelled, and I finally started exercising at home.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I just read somewhere that only one third are working from home and have to stay home. No staycationing for me.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am planning to do a small raise bed garden and I am praying, hoping the Commander n Chief will clean that guest bed room. LOL.

Last edited:

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Staycation due to this? I’m still working (from home) and busier with the additional work time available (no commute). I just got a colleagues “out of office” response yesterday and thought it was odd...why would anyone USE vacation days now if they can’t go anywhere?

Not sure I’m ready to start planning new vacations yet and cancelling existing plans is a pretty simple and quick process.

Good luck all with your gardens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a precaution, we've been on strict isolation since March 10. The only times we've left the house and backyard have been a few drives to the CVS pickup window for prescriptions and to the Walmart https://grocery.walmart.com/locations/pickup/ pickup lane for groceries. We schedule www.instacart.com/grocery-delivery and www.peapod.com/shop/auth/index.jhtml#!%2F deliveries (including tips for the drivers) on line and stay in the house when they come. We plan to start walking around town when better weather comes.

I'm wondering, assuming these services and the post office, Amazon, and UPS continue to work, what the longer term plan is. Live like this until a vaccine becomes available to us some time in 2021? No in person visits to or from our children? No gatherings for Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas? No travel, of course, but also no summer days at the beach?

Short term, in addition to protecting ourselves, I feel we're doing a public service by making no demands on what's left of the healthcare system.

I wonder whether at some point we'll give up and take the risk.

Last edited:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The weather here is still pretty chilly. We try to go for a short walk twice a day in the neighborhood - we cross the street or walk in the street - if anyone is walking near us/towards us/behind us. It is not a condensed area where we walk. Plenty of room - hardly anyone where we walk anyway. But this is only if the weather is 45-50 degrees. I try to use the treadmill otherwise.

We all sit in our backyard - talk and/or listen to some music. We have lot's to clean up in the backyard to get it ready for summer - but again - not too many days/hours in the day where you want to be outside too long. Just cold or rain.

There are a few projects that could have been done around the house - nothing urgent - but it requires going to Home Depot or Lowes. Since we are not going anywhere (except for food, pharmacy) - they are not getting done. Not much to clean-out since I recently did this when my daughter married and moved out. I might do some more "paper work" cleaning. I keep everything for a long time.

I do wish I had books (paper) to read. Husband and I play cards here and there. We watch some shows on TV - lot's of FaceTime with the grandchildren - yesterday my grandson's 1 st Birthday - that was tough. We had three IPADs and two or three iPhones at the same time to get the parents, two sets of grandparents and my other son in it.

Unfortunately, I come on the computer a bit more - I don't really like that :(. I do enjoying coming to the boards to connect with people - but not much else.

Trying to stay positive here in NY - (not in Manhattan) but in NY - I am afraid of even having any sort of accident/home/car, etc. that would require any emergency care.

Be safe everyone!!!

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine's going well, almost business as usual. I thought I'd have lots of extra time to do stuff around the house, but I am taking some online classes and my husband fell apart enough that the majority of his business duties has fallen on me. When stuff hits the fan, I tend to look for ways to clean out the fan. He tends to hole up in a corner.

I'm hoping to do more hiking, but too many people around here weren't social distancing and now most of the beaches, parks and trails are closed. There are a lot of horse trails near me, so I can always go on those when it isn't raining.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As a precaution, we've been on strict isolation since March 10. The only times we've left the house and backyard have been a few drives to the CVS pickup window for prescriptions and to the Walmart https://grocery.walmart.com/locations/pickup/ pickup lane for groceries. We schedule www.instacart.com/grocery-delivery and www.peapod.com/shop/auth/index.jhtml#!%2F deliveries (including tips for the drivers) on line and stay in the house when they come. We plan to start walking around town when better weather comes.

I'm wondering, assuming these services and the post office, Amazon, and UPS continue to work, what the longer term plan is. Live like this until a vaccine becomes available to us some time in 2021? No in person visits to or from our children? No gatherings for Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas? No travel, of course, but also no summer days at the beach?

Short term, in addition to protecting ourselves, I feel we're doing a public service by making no demands on what's left of the healthcare system.

I wonder whether at some point we'll give up and take the risk.
I haven't entertained any long term thoughts as you describe. Only Holiday cancelled in my mind is Easter.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We've been busy settling in since we moved on 2/6. We did such a good job of downsizing that we do not have much to do at this point in terms of cleaning anything out because there isn't anything.

I suppose I could reorganize the pantry for a second time since I have bought more food and it is getting a bit messy.

Tomorrow Lowes is supposed to install a storm door here. The past few weeks we had a new mattress delivered, a ceiling fan installed in the master bedroom, a radon mitigation system installed. Hubby put up those window/blinds thingys on the front and back door windows and installed the bidet gadget and the grab bar in our master bathroom. He put up the painting and 2 bedside lamps above our bed. And he put together two Adirondack chairs I ordered. I am the initiator and supervisor. LOL!

Hubby has been doing reloading for his shooting hobby which he can't do right now since the range orientation was cancelled. And he just joined it- sent the check right before this pandemic thing happened. He is also organizing his nails and screws and tools and some other things down in the basement.

I want him to buy lattice to put under our little front porch at some point. Our tiny lot is nothing but mud and the builder still has to clean it up and put top soil and grade it and gravel along the foundation. It is still winter here. I would like to paint the front and back doors when the weather gets nice at some point but that will be awhile yet.

We have other stuff the house needs but really can't do them this year. The point of buying this place was not to have a lot to do and to have a more social life than we ever did. Oh well...

We are enjoying walking by the big lake. The views are incredible. And we get some exercise. I do have equipment in the basement and I use that sometimes as well.

We did buy a small electric stove heater that gives the illusion of a real fire. And we are so happy we got Best Buy to install a new big screen TV and sound bar on the wall before this virus thing because now they have stopped doing them because of the virus. Phew! Dodged that one!

We are both on the computer more and I am still on the phone taking care of business as usual. Trying to get the builder to finish up the punch list items as well.

My husband is more bored than me and he drives me crazy sometimes. The two of us in this little house. Too much togetherness is not good. I hope the staycation ends soon and the retirement life we wanted finally starts. Wishful thinking, I know.

I want to see my son. At some point we might drive to his apartment and stay in the car and talk to him from a distance.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I was going to retire in a little more than 3 months anyways, instead it starts Friday, as my work-at-home has evolved into a layoff.

Buds on the roses. . .

Well congratulations and best of luck!

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I have been working- practicing drive through veterinary medicine. Clients stay in their car, we go get the pet and the rest of the appointment is conducted over the phone.

We’re only seeing urgent or emergency things, but that’s pretty much 75-80% of what my department does anyway so it’s not tremendously different. The biggest change is that I’m working 3 days in the clinic and 1 day from home. There’s not much I can do from home honestly, beyond return phone calls and prescribe things. So tomorrow I’ll probably go by the nursery and pick out a blood orange tree for the front yard. We have a little palm tree that died and I want to replace it with a dwarf citrus tree.

That’s it for me.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Well our Staycation had a major change today. This morning Patti started with a headache and then felt like a cold starting. She moved upstairs. I deliver things to the stairs - meals, wine, etc. A day or two of this to see if she develops any other symptoms.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Well our Staycation had a major change today. This morning Patti started with a headache and then felt like a cold starting. She moved upstairs. I deliver things to the stairs - meals, wine, etc. A day or two of this to see if she develops any other symptoms.
I hope it ends up being a tension headache or allergies with a headache. If I recall correctly you have been both been staying home except for the occasional grocery shopping trip, your exposure was limited. I had a headache this week with cold like symptoms for three days. Once I took claritin and Tylenol it got better.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Apparently alcohol lowers the Immune system but red wine has antioxidants sooooooo don’t know which way to go with that lol.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Apparently alcohol lowers the Immune system but red wine has antioxidants sooooooo don’t know which way to go with that lol.
I just heard on tv a doctor say don’t drink alcohol now as it lowers the immune system. It was in response to a question on the virus.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We cancelled our vacation in Mexico, but somehow one of our credit cards didn't get the message. We were surprised to find purchases charged on our card in the Cabo San Lucas Costco this month. Cheeky!

Otherwise, we're keeping sane by finding lots of hidden trails to hike in the woods around home - with not another soul in sight. I think I'd go nuts if I had to stay inside a city apartment for a month.