• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So frustrated with United

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am incredibly frustrated with United. They have an advertised price for a flight on their website but wil lnot honor that price because "It is no longer available." This has been advertised for at least three hours, and this says their are 5 seats at this price. They want to sell me the same flights for $400 more per person. Who do I contact to complain? This appears to be a bait and switch to me. I got no satisfaction with the three different people I spoke to at United and have spent 2 hours battling this issue. :mad: :mad:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give it some more time. It may just work itself out. Take some screenshots.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Unless you're looking at United's webpage, you complaint should be with the online TA site you're looking at. It's not unusual for sites like Travelocity or Orbitz to post the wrong price. Travelocity has been so bad about it that I quit using them a couple of years ago.

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was on the United website and is actually still posted as available 10 hours later- but not actually available to purchase.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen that same issue in the past. It's really frustrating.

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, very frustating indeed! I've had it happen many times and it almost made me stop using the airline!

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm having different issue with United's website. If I enter dates for flights under multi city it says no flights available. If I enter each leg of trip seperately it brings up a lot of flights for the dates needed. I did not enter times so that was not problem. I just entered dates.

Also on Bing and Kayak it shows the entire flight as being available, but when I click to book, it takes me to United's website and once again says no flights available. Flights are from West Palm Beach, FL to Honolulu, to Big Island and then back to West Palm Beach. All major airports.

I have never flown with United before so not sure what the issue is with their website, but it's very frustrating. Fortunately our trip is not til October so have time to watch and HOPE fares drop between now and then. They are running $1111 to 3500 per person right now. :eek:

Suzanne

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Also on Bing and Kayak it shows the entire flight as being available, but when I click to book, it takes me to United's website and once again says no flights available. Flights are from West Palm Beach, FL to Honolulu, to Big Island and then back to West Palm Beach. All major airports.

I have never flown with United before so not sure what the issue is with their website, but it's very frustrating. Fortunately our trip is not til October so have time to watch and HOPE fares drop between now and then. They are running $1111 to 3500 per person right now. :eek:

Coach has many fare classes. It is likely that they have filled all their T, K, and L seats and now you're stuck with Y seats.

http://cwsi.net/united.htm

If you're going to call United, it is best to know their fare classes. "Hi, I'm trying to get a K fare on Flight 123, are you showing any available?"

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Try booking 2 reservations of 3 + 2 seats and see if that works.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Flights are from West Palm Beach, FL to Honolulu, to Big Island and then back to West Palm Beach. All major airports.

Incidentally, I would Southwest/JetBlue/Spirit from the WPB area to LAX/SFO and then fly to Honolulu from there.

You're looking at an awful lot of money for the convenience of a single-carrier flight. It's not worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we did HI back in 2010, I booked Delta Detroit to Honolulu(was lucky as it was the one summer DL ran a direct flight!), then used Hawaiian to book the intra island flights(Honolulu-Big Island-Kauai-Honolulu).

Since we were using miles to upgrade 4 tickets it made more sense to do it that way.