• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So far, so good with DAE

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I got an offer from DAE for 3-for-1 if I were to bank our Pueblo Bonito Rose 2013 week, and they gave me 3 years to use the three exchanges. I decided to give them a chance to see what they had to offer.

I'm very pleased that I've already been able to book a two-bedroom Grand Mayan in Cabo for 2014 and a one-bedroom at the Carlsbad Seapointe Resort for Sept. 2013. I still have one more exchange to book later.

So far, so good! Thanks, DAE!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I agree Karen. I also deposited my PBSB unit and received three credits. We had a bit of difficulty getting the deposit confirmed, and the people at DAE were great to work with, especially Caleb. Their customer service has been excellent.

I really liked that they reached out and contacted us asking for specific deposits.

We haven't booked anything yet, but I'm watching the inventory and so far I'm seeing things that will work well for us.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Don't forget their Bonus Weeks. They really add value to your membership.

They were giving 2 for 1 exchanges last month if your reservation was at least six months out. I changed a reservation I had for Memorial Day week to take advantage of the offer.

If you find a rep you like you can make them your personal go to person. I have enjoyed working with Caleb when my rep, Elsa, was not available but she is my go to person.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Did you get 3 for 1 offer via email? I can't find anything at DAE website.
No, they called me with the offer. I'm guessing they had requests for my resort.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I received the offer via email. I think the emails were targeted because they mentioned a specific resort. I think it's a great way for them to get the type of deposits that they want.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, they called me with the offer. I'm guessing they had requests for my resort.

I received the offer via email. I think the emails were targeted because they mentioned a specific resort. I think it's a great way for them to get the type of deposits that they want.

I checked back through my emails to verify if they called me or emailed me initially. The first contact was actually an email with a phone number to call. I placed the call, left a message, and received a return phone call. I guess that's why I was confused! It did start with an email request to deposit my specific resort.

I had used DEA in 2003 to trade PB Rose for London so that's how they knew I owned there. But, I hadn't made any other trades until now.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just used one of my credits to book a week in Coronado! I'm very happy.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My second credit was used to reserve Winners Circle over Labor Day, which is also the last week of racing season. If you're willing to check availability diligently there are some real gems.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is DAE good for exchanging into Orlando?

That depend on your definition of "good."

What is good is that you can check their inventory without being a member. Try that with the big two.

Everything depends on how early you start looking, and if you want something specific, put in a request first. There is no fee to do this. They will call you if they get a match.

http://www.daelive.com/search/default.aspx

Hit the search button and see what's there.

The main drawback with these smaller companies is that there are not as many units available for exchange as with the big two.

lilpooh108

Reaction score
That depend on your definition of "good."

What is good is that you can check their inventory without being a member. Try that with the big two.

Everything depends on how early you start looking, and if you want something specific, put in a request first. There is no fee to do this. They will call you if they get a match.

http://www.daelive.com/search/default.aspx

Hit the search button and see what's there.

The main drawback with these smaller companies is that there are not as many units available for exchange as with the big two.

Thanks John.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
For experienced DAE members

I recently upgraded to Gold. Whether or not that makes a difference IDK, but I was wondering if I reserve a one-bedroom unit for a trip 6 months away, and later a 2-bedroom unit becomes available, can I make a switch without penalty?

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I recently upgraded to Gold. Whether or not that makes a difference IDK, but I was wondering if I reserve a one-bedroom unit for a trip 6 months away, and later a 2-bedroom unit becomes available, can I make a switch without penalty?

I have never seen this come up on their site and I've been with them for a long time. My thinking is that they will not let you re-deposit an exchange you took. How ever if it's a hot week that they need to fill a request, anything is possible.

I know you can't use the CPO insurance to do what you're talking about. From their FAQ.

" CPO cannot be used to cancel a confirmed exchange and then rebook the same resort week ..."

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have sent two
emails to DAE and so far they have not replied,not a very good start.

This is the email of the man I worked with: Caleb.R@daelive.com . His name was Caleb Rock and I found him to be very diligent. Good luck.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My first experience with DAE is similar to the OPs. They must have a deal with the Grand Mayan in Cabo. We got two weeks back to back at spring break earlier this year. And, btw, we LOVED San Jose del Cabo. It was a very different vacation than Cabo San Lucas. The town and art district is wonderful.

Anyway, I deposited three weeks this year and got a 2 for 1 deal so now have 6 weeks on deposit. I'm no having so much luck finding something for January or spring break 2014. We want to do Hawaii for one of those trips.

Does anyone know of other resorts/areas such as the Grand Mayan in Cabo where DAE has a lot of inventory? I'm not super picky about where we go but I need to get something set up soon.

Deb

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My first experience with DAE is similar to the OPs. They must have a deal with the Grand Mayan in Cabo. We got two weeks back to back at spring break earlier this year. And, btw, we LOVED San Jose del Cabo. It was a very different vacation than Cabo San Lucas. The town and art district is wonderful.

Anyway, I deposited three weeks this year and got a 2 for 1 deal so now have 6 weeks on deposit. I'm no having so much luck finding something for January or spring break 2014. We want to do Hawaii for one of those trips.

Does anyone know of other resorts/areas such as the Grand Mayan in Cabo where DAE has a lot of inventory? I'm not super picky about where we go but I need to get something set up soon.

Deb

Can you set up an ongoing search? I have been contacted twice by them asking me to deposit certain resorts because someone is looking for a week. If you can, I would definitely put in a request.

I have been finding my weeks by looking at their inventory every day. I have seen Hawaii pop up here and there but it's gone immediately. Same with the resorts in Cabo like the Grand Mayan and the Pueblo Bonito properties.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Can you set up an ongoing search? I have been contacted twice by them asking me to deposit certain resorts because someone is looking for a week. If you can, I would definitely put in a request.

I have been finding my weeks by looking at their inventory every day. I have seen Hawaii pop up here and there but it's gone immediately. Same with the resorts in Cabo like the Grand Mayan and the Pueblo Bonito properties.

Yes, I have searches. I don't know, however, if these are completely automated. One rep told me that when he got a deposit, he went to his list of people who had requested and started calling them. I told him I was excited that I was at the top of the list. His reply was that I was NOT at the top of the list but he remembered talking to me recently.

I should probably check online inventory more regularly as a back up.

Deb

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, I have searches. I don't know, however, if these are completely automated. One rep told me that when he got a deposit, he went to his list of people who had requested and started calling them. I told him I was excited that I was at the top of the list. His reply was that I was NOT at the top of the list but he remembered talking to me recently.

I should probably check online inventory more regularly as a back up.

Deb

Have you upgraded to the Gold Advantage membership? This will put you ahead of those who are not.

I've dealt with Caleb and he's very good. I usually speak with Elsa. Both are very helpful.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Have you upgraded to the Gold Advantage membership? This will put you ahead of those who are not.

I've dealt with Caleb and he's very good. I usually speak with Elsa. Both are very helpful.

No, I never knew there was another type of membership but it might be a good idea!

Deb

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
And the winner is....

I started an ongoing search with both RCI and DAE (gold member) for specific resorts with 2 bedrooms in the UK for May 2015.

So far neither exchange company has found a match for me. Which will be the first? If RCI holds true to its 30-day policy, there should be a match; however, there is no longer any benefit to deposit prior to one year out so I could be in for a long wait.

And if DAE's process isn't computerized, I worry that my request could be overlooked.

Wish me luck!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I started an ongoing search with both RCI and DAE (gold member) for specific resorts with 2 bedrooms in the UK for May 2015.

So far neither exchange company has found a match for me. Which will be the first? If RCI holds true to its 30-day policy, there should be a match; however, there is no longer any benefit to deposit prior to one year out so I could be in for a long wait.

And if DAE's process isn't computerized, I worry that my request could be overlooked.
Wish me luck!

I'm not sure it it's computerized or not but I get called frequently for requests I've entered on my computer. Just this past week Caleb called with a unit at Tropic Shores for wk 27 that I had requested.

I declined it because my daughter is expecting the following week and we're in charge of the oldest when she has to go.

The problem you have is that DAE gets a lot fewer deposits than RCI. It would not hurt to make sure they still have your request in front of them.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, I never knew there was another type of membership but it might be a good idea!

Deb

I belonged for years without upgrading but decided the cost was worth it to get the 2 week advantage on deposits and to get preferred treatment on requests. I put in some specific requests that I often get.

Because of the 10% discount on exchanges, insurance, and bonus weeks, the cost is mitigated with each transaction.