• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smuggs Unit Question

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
We have an RCI exchange in June for a 1 bedroom Sleeps 06 maximum occupancy/04 Private.
Hoping this is a unit with 2 bathrooms. Does any Smugglers Notch expert have the answer?
If I call would the resort be able to tell me where we are located this far out?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't think any of their one bedroom units have 2 bathrooms.
edit: actually it looks like Norlands does have 2 Bathroom 1 BR units. The most common 6/4 though is a king bed and double trundle bed in the master bedroom. It has a single bathroom that you can enter from the master bedroom or the hall. It then has a sofa bed in the living room.

Last edited:

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
What day of the week do you check in?

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What day of the week do you check in?

Sunday. The check-in day likely makes a difference in unit assignment I would think since it has affected location in other timeshare trades.
Please share your knowledge! Thanks!

Armada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Old Town Alexandria
La Belle Maison
As you noticed, your check in day (of the week) determines which area your unit will be. To be more sure, give the resort a call. They were very helpful when I spoke with them. Here is a link to the floor plans of the various units available at Smuggs: https://www.smuggs.com/pages/winter/lodging/index.php

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My bet is that you're in Sycamores. The link above will show you what those units look like. Yes, just one bath, but you can enter from either the bedroom or the kitchen/living room. We've stayed in those several times with three kids, and though a little tight, it works. The bathroom is very large, and has a jetted tub/shower combo. We prefer 2 BR's, but took the 1BR just to be able to go to Smuggs. :) Going to be missing it this year...the timing just didn't work with kids headed to college this fall. Hope you'll enjoy your trip!

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the link and the bet on the Sycamores. Thanks for saying that it is a tub/shower combo in those one-bedroom units because the floor plan suggests tub only which would not be good.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too
.. they told me immediately where I was located and type of floor plan. Loved my stay and would certainly repeat. I was in Aspens.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keep getting kicked to a request to leave my info and questions and Smuggs will get back to me. In the meantime, does anyone know if concerts, markets, pools, hot tubs do not require the Smuggs Pass which is $400 for just me and DH!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Keep getting kicked to a request to leave my info and questions and Smuggs will get back to me. In the meantime, does anyone know if concerts, markets, pools, hot tubs do not require the Smuggs Pass which is $400 for just me and DH!
My experience was that there will be a single pool available for you without the smuggs pass based on which unit you have. If you are in either the west hill community or highlands hill community they each have their own pool that you can use with your key and not the smuggs pass. The North hill community also has its own pool. Everyone else, at least when I was there a few year;s back could use the courtside pool (but not the slide or any hot tubs).

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
veryone else, at least when I was there a few year;s back could use the courtside pool (but not the slide or any hot tubs).

In 2019, RCI could use Courtside side and hot tub. Market is free to all. I don't recall any concerts. You can also hike any trails. We got the pass in 2009 but skipped it in 2019 as we were doing day trips and our kids had outgrown waterpark/play stuff and were fine to just go over to courtside/hot tub a few times. You can always get it later in the week, if you found you really wanted it.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got hold of a person just now! We are in the West Hill Community, premium 1 bedroom @ Sycamores.
The helpful rep couldn't answer whether musical entertainment was included without the Smuggs Pass or not. We are hoping to have 2 or 3 couples "join" us in Vermont. They previously snowshoed at Trapp Family Lodge and may stay there or perhaps Jeffersonville, if not at Smuggs, which is pretty spendy.. Even though our unit sleeps 6, there is not enough privacy as far as I am concerned, but we could add them to the pass and share the $400 expense if it appeals to them. We will be getting together with them Saturday and fingers crossed they decide to vacation in Vermont with us!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The music and such are outdoors on the green. Nobody is checking passes at those. Everybody just brings their lawn chair or blanket and pulls up a patch of grass. :) You'll have the pool at the West Hill Community Center. It's small, but certainly fine. There's a fitness room in there available to you as well. Ping pong and a couple of arcade games, too. To use any other pool, except for Courtside, you'll have to have a pass. We enjoy the West Hill community....you'll have beautiful sunsets!