• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smugglers Notch 2BR

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at an exchange into Smugglers Notch. What are the differences between these 2BR units? What Building or location is best? I do not want a dated unit, if that helps.

8/6
6/2
6/4
7/6

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
There are so many configurations, it’s hard to say. But if you have check in day and Configuration, sometimes smuggs can assist.
8/6 can definitely be dated unit-had one in balsam last summer (Sunday) and evergreen before that. Enjoyed both just fine. Loved the location.

mbh

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Avoid 6/2 units. old and dated.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
you can view floorplans at smuggs.com and click on each unit type to get an idea. 6/4 can be very small units (650 sq. feet). the max 7 looks like birches-very small. But I think it's really 7/5, not 7/6. I didn't see anything that's 7/6, as I think every unit has a pull out that sleeps 2.
8/6 is a very common sleeping type. with full/Q and 2 singles or bunks or 4 singles in 2nd BR.
Again, check in day can help narrow it down.
Older units are in West Village. It's a great, central location. Smuggs told me that they deposit a lot of West village. I have also gotten North before, but that was many years ago. We liked Balsam unit and location near the Courtside pool (free for RCI traders--no Smuggs extra fee needed). Preferred this over Evergreen location, which was also fine. Balsam was very dated--like your gramma's house--green and mauve.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed in Sycamore, very odd configuration, second bedroom was a bunk over a full bed, which we had to sleep head at foot of bed in order to not bump our heads on the upper bunk. Living room set up was odd only one chair to view tv. Which was in a big console with restrictive view from couch or anywhere..we loved the resort but not the unit. Although, the master bedroom suite was very nice, if it’s just two of you and maybe small children. This would be ok. We had 4 adults, so was a challenge.
Silentg

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Most of the 2BR sleeps 8/6 units I've had have had a queen and two twins in the second bedroom. (Tamaracks and Balsams.) Dated is decor...appliances will likely be newer. (I could care less about paint color as long as I have nice appliances to cook on!) Evergreens is 8/4...the 2nd bath is actually only able to be accessed from the 2nd bedroom.

Oaks is also 8/6...it is smaller than other units we've stayed in with equal occupancy limits. It had bunks and a queen in the second bedroom, but they weren't over one another...no access issues.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at an exchange into Smugglers Notch. What are the differences between these 2BR units? What Building or location is best? I do not want a dated unit, if that helps.

8/6
6/2
6/4
7/6

I have a a Sept reservation at Tamaracks. I had called the vacation/ts office and found the staff very helpful!!! We are looking forward to going.

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s reply. The resort is closed, and didn’t take phone calls when I tried. I will look on their website. I can also exchange through Wyndham. Do you know about the Wyndham units? Where are those located, all over or in a separate building?

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s reply. The resort is closed, and didn’t take phone calls when I tried. I will look on their website. I can also exchange through Wyndham. Do you know about the Wyndham units? Where are those located, all over or in a separate building?
I had read they will be opening for the summer.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although the resort currently remains closed to the public we are taking reservations for check-ins starting June 15th to conform to Governor Scott’s permission to accept reservations, conditionally, starting then. Our Summer programs will commence on June 26th. We selected that date in order to give us enough time to prepare the resort for Summer guests.

I found this on website.

mbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Smugglers and got an email explaining their reopening. While they are re-opening on June 15th, out of state visitors will have to quarantine for 2 weeks, which makes a week stay unworkable. The resort is hoping the quarantine regulations will be lifted on July 1st. There will be no camps all summer and activities will be limited. Items such as bedspreads will be removed.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lots to do in the summer without activities/camps. We went last summer and did the Following: disk/frisbee golf 2x, rented bikes at bootleggers bikes and rode on awesome trail nearby, fly fishing with guide near Stowe, hiking at smugglers notch 2x, self walking tour of Stowe m, visit to trail family lodge. Day trip to Montreal-off Now because of border closing. We had a very full week.
bedspreads alway yuck! We Put them in closet 1st day.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots to do in the summer without activities/camps. We went last summer and did the Following: disk/frisbee golf 2x, rented bikes at bootleggers bikes and rode on awesome trail nearby, fly fishing with guide near Stowe, hiking at smugglers notch 2x, self walking tour of Stowe m, visit to trail family lodge. Day trip to Montreal-off Now because of border closing. We had a very full week.
bedspreads alway yuck! We Put them in closet 1st day.
Hi Elaine, how was the day trip to Montreal ? I had read about it and like the fact I wouldn't have to be the driver.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
we drove ourselves. We've done it 2X. Very easy drive through rural farmland until 15 minutes outside of Montreal, which was easy access (think small city in USA) and plenty of public parking garages. About 2 hours drive. I'm sure the day trip would be fine. We had 3-6 people each time, so much more cost effective to drive. Loved Montreal-old quarter is lovely. Border is closed to tourists currently.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
we drove ourselves. We've done it 2X. Very easy drive through rural farmland until 15 minutes outside of Montreal, which was easy access (think small city in USA) and plenty of public parking garages. About 2 hours drive. I'm sure the day trip would be fine. We had 3-6 people each time, so much more cost effective to drive. Loved Montreal-old quarter is lovely. Border is closed to tourists currently.
Thx...I've been many years ago but would like to bring friends who haven't visited. We will he there in the fall. I live all the staircases in front of the houses. Thx again.

mbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The state also lifted its 14-day quarantine limit for out-of-staters who travel to Vermont, saying those who are coming from a county in the Northeast with less than 400 cases per million population do not have to quarantine. People from high-risk areas still must complete the 14-day quarantine when traveling to Vermont, but effective June 15, travelers can do a seven-day quarantine if they test negative for Covid-19, the guidance says.

All gatherings, indoor and outdoor, continue to be limited to 25 people.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Hi Elaine, how was the day trip to Montreal ? I had read about it and like the fact I wouldn't have to be the driver.

The border is closed right now.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We own an 8/6 in Sycamores and it is very nice. A 2 bedroom unit. Sunday check in. One bedroom has a queen and two twins and the other a king. Plus the pull out couch which is very uncomfortable.