• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Slow Transfer Time

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Had two weeks finally leave my account...I use the Weeks Portfolio screen to track ownership. They both dropped today, same day title company/closer was notified the transfer was completed. 4-5 months, end-to-end.

Both Maui Weeks -

Week 1 - April to late August

Started with timely paperwork to MVCI with Estoppels in April. Between COVID and MVCI processor issues/mistakes at almost every step, it finally transferred to the buyer in about four months, e.g., staffing constraints, Hawaii work packages not picked up, Buyer/Seller IDs lost and had to be resent, putting us back of the line again. Joy...

Week 2 - April to late August

Started with ROFR waiver received on 23 April. 19 May still waiting on Estoppel. Estoppel finally arrived in mid-June. Title closed on 29 Jun. So another month for it to actually move to the buyer's account.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Had two weeks finally leave my account...I use the Weeks Portfolio screen to track ownership. They both dropped today, same day title company/closer was notified the transfer was completed. 4-5 months, end-to-end.

Both Maui Weeks -

Week 1 - April to late August

Started with timely paperwork to MVCI with Estoppels in April. Between COVID and MVCI processor issues/mistakes at almost every step, it finally transferred to the buyer in about four months, e.g., staffing constraints, Hawaii work packages not picked up, Buyer/Seller IDs lost and had to be resent, putting us back of the line again. Joy...

Week 2 - April to late August

Started with ROFR waiver received on 23 April. 19 May still waiting on Estoppel. Estoppel finally arrived in mid-June. Title closed on 29 Jun. So another month for it to actually move to the buyer's account.
Interestilnly enough, if the time to complete each individual step was added together it would probably come out to less than an hour!

anilnagori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
Marriott Grand Residence Club
Destination Points
In my case, I asked them about the status of the transfer request by providing them owner IDs and FexEx tracking # of the packet sent. They responded back saying that they have not received a transfer request and asked me to tell the escrow agent to resend it :mad:.

I sent an email to my escrow agent to resend the transfer request. She responded back saying that she just received an email notification that the transfer process is complete :)

It seems like their transfer process is very inefficient and they don't know what they are doing!