• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Slooooooooow Sort on new TUG Ad page

Janis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm having some trouble getting the ad pages to sort in a timely fashion. Is this something that can be remedied?

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I will certainly look into this issue, as it has never previously been reported.

Would have certainly appreciated a simple email request/feedback form vs publicly abandoning us for another site.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
upon further research I am presented with the same issue when doing a sort on all ads in the system, it is most certainly not normal...nor has it manifested itself until very recently.

I will investigate further and hopefully restore the original speed of the searches and sorts.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
further information ive gathered.

the only time I can find a query that takes more than 45seconds to run...is when trying to sort on every one of the 5500 or so ads posted.

for example when I click on "hawaii" and serach all ads, it comes up with roughly 400 or so ads and returns them in less than 10 seconds.

sorting through those 400 takes another 10 seconds.

While not instantaneous, I wouldnt consider that unacceptably slow.

Was there a different query or sort you were trying to perform that gave an abnormally long time besides the "all ads" one?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
going to reboot the server...had some updates to install anyway...ratings/reviews will be unavailable for a short time.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
again this appears to only impact a serach...or a sort...on every ad in the system.

even the largest of the areas (us west with nearly 1100 ads) returns all ads within 10 seconds, and sorts within 20 seconds.

I will however continue to investigate why it takes such an inordinate amount of time to search/sort the "all ads" query.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well Brian, you are going above and beyond for one complaint. Sure it is not just one person's computer?

Janis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry - didn't mean to be disparaging!

I'm having the problems when I am searching within a category - say Mexico rentals. Then, when I sort on weeks, and try to go to a specific page - maybe page 3 - it takes quite a long time.

THe reason I brought it up is because on the old classified pages, the sorts and re-displays were within just a few seconds...This seems much longer.

And, I was just being facetious about going to RedWeek! I could never abandon my TUG buds!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well Brian, you are going above and beyond for one complaint. Sure it is not just one person's computer?

it was late and I was already working on TUG items, it made sense to investigate the complaint.

because I helped someone makes it a larger problem? not quite sure I follow that logic.

most people would approve of immediate and thorough response to a complaint, least thats how I was brought up.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry - didn't mean to be disparaging!

I'm having the problems when I am searching within a category - say Mexico rentals. Then, when I sort on weeks, and try to go to a specific page - maybe page 3 - it takes quite a long time.

THe reason I brought it up is because on the old classified pages, the sorts and re-displays were within just a few seconds...This seems much longer.

And, I was just being facetious about going to RedWeek! I could never abandon my TUG buds!

No worries, we will sort it out. However I am unable to reproduce the issue using the details you provide.

clicking on the mexcio rentals, the marketplace displays nearly 600 ads in 9 seconds.

Clicking on "resort" to sort by that column reorganizes the ads and displays them in 13 seconds.

While this of course is not instant, I still dont consider this "unacceptably slow" given the number of ads.

are you seeing different times in your experience?

and yes it is a few seconds slower than the original ad system, but we are dealing with a much much larger amount of data (and ads) with the new marketplace. Such items are required for search functionality. obviously the more ads you include in your sorting, the longer it is going to take to return the information for each of those ads.

The two ad systems are fundamentally different, whereas the old system is merely a collection of "Excel spreadsheets" for lack of a better metaphor...and contributed to the fact that you cannot search that system etc.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
it was late and I was already working on TUG items, it made sense to investigate the complaint.

because I helped someone makes it a larger problem? not quite sure I follow that logic.

most people would approve of immediate and thorough response to a complaint, least thats how I was brought up.

I meant sometimes people post that they are having trouble on webpages, and others report they are having no problems. Turns out it was some glitch on the person's own computer. They have to defrag or reboot, or the server had an issue, etc.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
always a possibility either way....and given the late hour and limited people online to help "check" the issue...i figured id look into it more.

Given the nature of the system itself, its unlikely that individual computers would cause a problem in returning data...the actual pages you view in the marketplace are quite small and simple (to your browser)

its just a matter of querying the data and generating the page for your browser to see. thats all done behind the scenes.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh, Brian. I just noticed that you are the owner of TUG. :doh: Anyway, glad to see everything is fine. Nice to see such quick service for members.