• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Skim me agian.... please

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning...

Just a brief update on 2013 DC point usage....

As of now, I have converted my one of my waiohai's and one of my GV units for DC points. Received 8000 pts.

Did the following....

2/24-3/1 Mountainside 2 bedroom 3500 pts,,,
2/24-3/1 Summitt 2 bedroom 2500...

This morning I decided to do a Orlando getaway for new Years with another family...

12/31-1/4 3 bedroom at GV 1900 pts...

For my 8000 pts I snagged 10 days of plat ski week + 4 days in 3 bedroom Plat Plus time at GV..with 100 pts to spare..

changed 14 nites for 14 nites including 4 plat plus nites...

If this is skimmin'...please do it again!!!!

I am going to use Fractional's Boolean nomenclature....The choice to enroll is not Weeks OR DC, it is Weeks AND DC. You get to use BOTH as you see fit!!!! This is not a Legacy Vs. DC debate. BOTH work and by enrolling you can use them both...

it gets even better...I looked up the last 3 nites of my GV using the 45% MR Premium Plus discount..and snagged the last 3 nites at GV for $199/nite....spent $600 instead of 1425 DC points ($0.42/point) a good deal as per transactions on Greg's site. Kept the 12/31 on pts as that cost in $$$ was 400 (double).....

Now I have everything...
Legacy weeks
DC points
$$$ points with my 45% discount!!!!

Still have 2 legacy weeks (8000) pts left...

Think I will convert the Hawaii for 3750 Lockoff teh GV and use both halves as Flexchange chips!!!!

davemy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Job, I know you are working the DC to your advantage, Now what about us guys that don't own Propertys that get high point totals. We love to go to hilton head in the summer during flexchange. We have done it the last 3 years. Its crazy the amount of points it cost to go there in the summer. I think the DC would give me 6500 points for both my units. If i book Hilton Head it does not leave me with much! :(

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning...

Dave....

you are correct...DC doesn't help you much...Just keep doing what you are doing and enjoy the ride!!!!That is the beauty of this...DC points are just an extra option...Kind of like paying the cable company for a few premium channels...If you pay to upgrade,in ADDITION to the new stuff..you still get to watch the channels you had before!!!!

If you can wait and get HHI during Flex...Hooray!!!! I have done that too!!!!

We BOTH win, My DC usage doesn't affect your ability to go to HHI on Flex. We all win!!!

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very good puckman. Living in Florida with so many properties available for short trips is a great advantage. Not so easy for us Midwesterners.

A couple questions: 14 days before 12/31 will you be checking for new inventory at a reduced rate? Were some of the 1900 you were going to use at GV those that were returned from previous reservations (i.e., penalty points)? Were any of these DC points from 2012 or were they all 2013?

The reason I'm asking is I looked at the rules for reusing these penalty points and somewhere, but now I can't find it again, I saw that if a reservation BEGAN on the last day of usage year the reservation would be valid. I've used 2013 DC points but may, as discussed in other threads, get some returned at penalty points 14 days before the start of stay. I'm trying to be prepared for how to use these which leads me to final (please don't hold me to that) question:

Will I be able to begin a reservation on 12/31/13 with 2013 DC points that are in the penalty box but have consecutive 2014 days attached to the reservation? Such as the type of New Year's reservation you have?

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning...

I believe a 12/31/13 ressie could be made with 2013 penalty points (within 60 days) starting on 10/31/13..but I don't belive 2013 penalty points canbe used for the 2014 part of it....

I believe that the 20% puck trick discount applies to the first day of the ressie..IOW if I make a discounted ressie, with the first day 14 days from today, I believe thatthe attached days fall within the discount although technically they are more than 14 days out...

Today is 4/14...If I make a ressie from 4/28 -5/3 I think all days are covered!!!! I am not 100% sure of this...

my 12/31-1/4 ressie was made with 2013 pts..I had to borrow for the 12/31/12 day because my remaining 2012 pts are penalty points from the old puck trick....the 1900 pts came as the "change"from converting my 2013 weeks to DC points...

Of course, I will try the puck trick with every ressie...next time will be Frenchman's cove in June. i doubt there will be 3 bedroom availability within 14 days!!! But I can always try!!!

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning...

Just a brief update on 2013 DC point usage....

As of now, I have converted my one of my waiohai's and one of my GV units for DC points. Received 8000 pts.

Did the following....

2/24-3/1 Mountainside 2 bedroom 3500 pts,,,
2/24-3/1 Summitt 2 bedroom 2500...

This morning I decided to do a Orlando getaway for new Years with another family...

12/31-1/4 3 bedroom at GV 1900 pts...

For my 8000 pts I snagged 10 days of plat ski week + 4 days in 3 bedroom Plat Plus time at GV..with 100 pts to spare..

changed 14 nites for 14 nites including 4 plat plus nites...

If this is skimmin'...please do it again!!!!

I am going to use Fractional's Boolean nomenclature....The choice to enroll is not Weeks OR DC, it is Weeks AND DC. You get to use BOTH as you see fit!!!! This is not a Legacy Vs. DC debate. BOTH work and by enrolling you can use them both...

it gets even better...I looked up the last 3 nites of my GV using the 45% MR Premium Plus discount..and snagged the last 3 nites at GV for $199/nite....spent $600 instead of 1425 DC points ($0.42/point) a good deal as per transactions on Greg's site. Kept the 12/31 on pts as that cost in $$$ was 400 (double).....

Now I have everything...
Legacy weeks
DC points
$$$ points with my 45% discount!!!!

Still have 2 legacy weeks (8000) pts left...

Think I will convert the Hawaii for 3750 Lockoff teh GV and use both halves as Flexchange chips!!!!

Puck, congratulations! You have some awesome vacations coming up.

I love the power of booleen "AND" because its all about options, options, and options. You certainly have found a way to tap into this powerful concept. Good for you!

I don't like the polarizing effect of booleen "OR". This means you have to choose one thing over another. That seems to be very restrictive in the case of MVCI.

Long live the power of "AND"!