• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Silverleaf Owners beware of HIVC conversion.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
We are trying to figure the letters out too. They sent out two different letters to different owners. One mentions Bonus Time only and the other states all EE owners are subject to charges also. So far they have not updated the online reservation site. They are saying mid January but I am still seeing No Fees thru January 25th.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Well the Bonus Time web site has been updated.

At the bottom of the page:
**Owners having Endless Escape privileges may book up to six nights and are subject to a $25 per night charge Sunday through Thursday and a $75 per night charge Friday and Saturday.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Yes, I saw that but if you try to make reservations for bonus, I just checked it and as of Jan. 22-28 it still shows "No Fees".

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
Dated 12 20 2018

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
NO fee EE.png
Better view

Last edited:

dmdodson

Reaction score
Hello, We recently received a letter in the mail indicating bonus time was adjusting its prices. We had Endless Escapes. Does anyone know if the are impacted too? I am assuming we are since we received the letter
I
is there a class action lawsuit being formed against them for taking our deeded bonus time away?

dmdodson

Reaction score

Teamhonn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SilverLeaf
Just made my first or tired to anyway my 1st bonus time reservation for Galveston. I have 2 account, one I have all free nights on and the other account was free except on Friday and Saturday night it was $75.00 a night. So now to stay at Galveston for Friday and Saturday night is going to be $155.00. I called customer service to get a copy of my contract. I understand increasing the cost on the paid nights but I just don't think they can change the free nights. We have owned forever and did not do the conversion with silverleaf was purchased. I actually pic the 2 weeks into Wyndom and use the points there. I am interested in being involved in any sort of legal action on this. This benefit was part of the original purchase and baked into the cost of the week.

Teamhonn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SilverLeaf
Yes, I saw that but if you try to make reservations for bonus, I just checked it and as of Jan. 22-28 it still shows "No Fees".
That has changed now! The full fee is showing up.

gms1usa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Purchased a Silverleaf (Holiday Inn Club) even year (Holiday Hills Resort) unit back in 2017 and upgraded it to an annual usage (Ozark Mountain Resort) in 2018 for the Bonus time. The contract stated that no cost when staying from Sunday through Thursday and $50.00/night for a Friday or Saturday night. I was recently notified that starting in 2019 when using bonus time it will now cost $25.00/night from Sunday through Thursday and $75.00/night on a Friday or Saturday. As usual, someone has to ruin a good thing by working around loopholes. The only reason we purchased the Silverleaf unit was for the bonus time. It is what made the difference in our plans to purchase. We aim to retire in a few years and would use often during the week. That plan is scrubbed now.

They are raising the rates, which are specified in the contract to apply to only FRI AND SAT to include ALL DAYS (thereby really negating the concept of bonus time since you're paying for it and I can stay a lot of places for $75/night like they are charging now on weekends). Reading through the contract, I'm wondering if it's grounds for class action because the clauses distinctly conflict, In one paragraph, it defines the cost of bonus time and then several paragraphs later gives them the right to change it at any time. In addition, some may not know but we were questioning about why there was seemingly a lot LESS bonus time available now and it came out that they have opened spots to the public instead of offering that as bonus time to owners. This seems to be in direct opposition to the concept of a club or timeshare ownership.

TimeShareTalk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received my letter. It is a bunch of BS. Silverleaf lost a class action lawsuit years ago concerning EE. I am just waiting for the class action lawsuit. Don't settle for what this letter says. 14 days Before check-in IS NOT causing them to lose any business. They are just wanting to take our bonus time away. I do NOT believe they will get by with this.

Join our Silverleaf Owners FB Group. We are working on a class action lawsuit.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/661297700670190/

TaSolaye

Reaction score
If I rescind during purchase for converting do we loose our deed? The deed provide credit for the conversation.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
If I rescind during purchase for converting do we loose our deed? .

I am pretty sure you keep your deed - ( based on reading a lot of TUG threads )

You are rescinding the new contract that converted your deeded Silverleaf week into
HICV points .

If you have any concerns - I would state in the rescind letter that you retain ownership of your fixed week -( week xx - Silverleaf xx )

Please rescind asap - time matters .

Reactions: DrQ

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
More often or not when the "Big Boys" take over they change the rules and original Owners get screwed...

George

Reactions: DrQ

fwrend

Reaction score
Getting ready to meet for my annual update. Any news on this front? Still have my three weeks, BT & EE albeit with fees now, arrrgh!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Stick a fork in it ... it's done.

I look at it at this way, it is difficult to rent a a good motel room at that rate. If you signed an upgraded contract, it gave them the rights to change the rules. Let's move on.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fox River Resort (Silverleaf)
Hi there. I am a Silverleaf Owner (Fox River Resort). I have a Week 25 (every other year) timeshare. It has been paid off for 6 years. The last time I used it was September of 2015 (my 24th wedding anniversary).

My wife passed away on Feb 6th, 2016. I have been paying the $49 monthly maintenance fee ever since. I was unable to take my week 25 in 2017 and in 2019 (I never received a reminder card like I used to get), so apparently I lost out on those 2 weeks. I received a email from Silverleaf/Holiday Inn regarding my maintenance fee (apparently, my debit card's expiration date changed), so I changed it while on the phone with them. That is when I found that I was not the "primary owner" (my wife was), and I was told I need to change the deed. I asked them to get me in contact with them.

I received a call this morning to go to Fox River Resort to deal with the deed. They then asked me if I wanted to be updated on my timeshare as well (to go over how to use it) and they indicated they would pay me $200 cash for my trouble. I then agreed to the appointment (next Monday at 1:30 pm).

I know I am about to be deluged with the hard sell when I go there. In reading some of these threads, I went and tried to book a bonus time for 6 days. Yup, as sure as crap.... $200 for a 6 day stay (it used to be "free bonus time"). So the main reason why I got this timeshare has been shot to hell (the occasional 2 or 3 day bonus time stay). I most likely will not be reimbursed for the lost 2 weeks of my actual free week 25 stay either. And now, it appears I will be forced to sign a new contract in order to use my "benefits".

I know it is impossible to get rid of a Silverleaf Timeshare (essentially, my $14,000 "investment" cannot be resold as there is no market for it). So I am stuck with a maintenance fee and an apparently unusable Timeshare.

In reading everything so far, I am literally sick to my stomach. I am a Disabled Veteran on a fixed income (I became disabled after purchasing this timeshare) and I have honored my end of the deal (I have paid my maintenance fees without fail). I have spent over $2,000 in maintenance fees since I last used my week in September of 2015. It now appears that Holiday Inn is even worse in the hard sell AND also does not keep their word (elsewhere on this forum, I saw that they allegedly have a clause in their new contract that all benefits are subject to change and that we can't fight any changes?

It's bad enough I am stuck with this, but I wouldn't dare "will" this timeshare to my children if something happened to me (as it appears that there is no benefit to them for having this timeshare and paying the maintenance fee). My wife is probably turning in her grave (she was the one who wanted to go on excursions and who convinced me that this would be a good thing for our family). All I did was say "yes dear".

So, I need to ask.... what should I do on Monday at their hard sell meeting? What should I look for? Can I demand I continue to be able to use my former "free bonus time"? Can I walk away without signing a new contract (even if I don't purchase anything)? I am trying to go to that meeting armed to the teeth with knowledge so they become aware that they can't play me for the fool.

FYI - I just sent a "join" request to the Facebook group as well.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It will be a hard sell. You won't get back free bonus time. One option that you don't have to go to the meeting to explore is a deedback to HICV through their Horizons exit program. https://www.orangelake.com/horizons

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fox River Resort (Silverleaf)
Ok, so yesterday... I had my first sit down with the Holiday Inn staff at the Fox River resort.(my first visit to to the resort since September of 2015 when my wife & I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary). The meeting happened because my monthly maintenance fee had stopped being deducted from my bank debit card at the end of August & I had to call them to fix the problem last week. It was then I told them I haven't used my Silverleaf week or bonus time for 4 years (and that I believe I needed to fix my deed to reflect my wife's passing). Also, since I received no notice/reminders of my week.... (apparently, emails were sent to my wife's email address - an account I had no access to), I had missed my Week 25 in 2017 and again in 2019 (my timeshare is every other year in Week 25) so I essentially had "lost" that week since it was not banked one month prior to when I was to use it. As my wife was the one who handled this one thing, it was the last thing on my mind after she had passed away (and since the maintenance fee was automatically deducted, I never really gave it much thought since I had been told I would have to pay maintenance as long as we owned it - that I couldn't walk away from it), I thought there was nothing I could do about it (as I really didn't use the timeshare, my wife was the one that did). So, in the past 4 years - I have essentially paid about $2,400.00 in maintenance fees and have no time spent at a Silverleaf resort during those 4 years.

So I was told I could amend the deed at Fox River & they made an appointment for me to visit the resort so they could go over what I can or can't do still with my Silverleaf timeshare (they said I would need to also go over the Holiday Inn club info since they now owned Fox River resort). I was asked to bring my wife's death certificate also (to amend the deed). And they indicated they'd pay me $200 for my time (which told me I would be going into the "hard sell" hurricane). Since I wasn't interested in spending any more money on timeshares (besides the already expensive maintenance fees), I figured I'd suck it up, tell them at the end of the session I am not interested, and just change the deed (and get $200 for my trouble).

So yesterday, I was there to get my Deed amended (my wife was primary & she passed away February of 2016). I had never received any email or documentation regarding the Holiday Inn purchase of Silverleaf. They indicated they had a year and a half to 2 years to deal with Silverleaf owners to migrate them to HIC ownership and to take into consideration the original moneys used to buy the Silverleaf timeshare) and they were surprised I had never been approached.... and they said it was out of their hands now to do anything about it. He mentioned that I would need to deal with the Texas Silverleaf office to deal with the 2 lost weeks.

He then said he would call a VP (his boss) to see if there was anything they could do as he did not have the authority to get me credit for my 2 weeks lost and credit towards a new HIC timeshare. I was then given the whole tour/overview of HIC. When that was done, he came back and told me that he was given permission to offer me credit and he broke it down this way.

He first showed me what the 200,000 point and 300,000 point would "normally cost" if I was just walking into HIC for the first time. The 300,000 point offer was normally about $98,000. and the 200,000 would be $89,000. I almost fainted (I was gobsmacked). He then went into his ("I have been authorized to do the following").... so he states the 300,000 point tier would cost me $49,000, and that he would use the value of my Silverleaf timeshare ($8,100) as the down payment (leaving around $749 a month for 120 months at 15.9% apr - simple interest). He would also give me a one time additional 200,000 points to make up for the 2 lost weeks from Silverleaf. When I balked, he showed me the 200,000 point offer ($40,000... with the $8,100 Silverleaf credit for the down payment and $550 a month for 120 months at 14.9 % simple interest - but no additional one time 200,000 point credit for my lost 2 weeks.

He pushed the 300,000 point tier as the "best value/biggest bang for the buck" and then we went back and forth for 30 minutes with him using every variation of how this would be an incredible vacation solution that would benefit my extended family and I.

I asked for 24 hours to get back to him as I was not expecting to be committing to a large monthly payment given I had just paid off 8 credit cards and reduced my debt (I have gone to the Financial Peace University/Dave Ramsey "avoid debt like the plague" seminars). He said that because the VP authorized this one time accommodation to be a one time offer (because they thought they had reached all Silverleaf owners and they wanted to not penalize me for not having been there until now)...he said this was a one time offer (that if I returned, the cost would be back at $98,000 for the 300,000 point tier or $89,000 for the 200,000 point tier with no credit for the original cost of my silverleaf timeshare or my lost two weeks). He also indicated that he understood if I wasn't ready to commit (that he wasn't trying to force this on me or something to that effect), but he was trying to make sure I got the best deal and didn't walk away from such a good offer).

I told him I needed 24 hours to make such a large financial commitment, and if that meant I lost the credit/accommodation for my Silverleaf timeshare.... I was willing to do so. We then parted ways and I went to pick up my $200 for the pressure selling experience.

So, I am wondering what other Silverleaf owners went through in the hard sell.to migrate to HIC. Are the figures they gave me in the ball park what was offered to other Silverleaf owners (was this offer better or worse than other's offers)?

Also, my bonus time document (that I signed in 2012) did say it could could be changed.... I had to look 3 times before seeing the one line squeezed in there which allowed Silverleaf to eliminate the reason why we got the Silverleaf timeshare in the first place. But I'd rather pay the $25 per day on that bonus time and get access to whatever Silverleaf resorts are left... than have to pay through the nose for a timeshare that costs as much as the price of a decent RV.

Thoughts? Comments?