• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

    Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

    Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

    Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

    Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free!

    60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Silver Season Harborside exchange question


TUG Member
Dec 28, 2007
Reaction score
South Jersey
I own week 36 at Harborside (section I) and wanted to float to week 44 in 2009. Called one year out and then again today at 10 months out and there is no availability. The Starwood rep did not recommend waitlisting. She said just keep trying, maybe wait until 8 months out. To me, that is a pain in the you know what that I dont like the idea of. Is that really the best option? Its silver season, although NJ week :) Anything wrong with waitlisting?

Plan is in 09 to go to Disney and I already have a deposit through an owner at Beach Club Villas so I was going to rent a NJ week at Harborside.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year.



TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Mar 10, 2007
Reaction score
'burbs of Cincinnati, OH
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I'm not sure how fixed/float ownership works. How long do owners have to confirm their fixed week. If it's til the 10 month mark, and nothing came up, waiting until the 8 month mark doesn't make sense. I assume that fixed/float owners can book float weeks during the Home Priority period, so I'd keep calling before the 8 month window opens up and you're competing against all SVN owners.

I assume you booked your week 36 week as a back-up. If not, I'd book that now as a back-up in case week 44 never becomes available.

Because you only own one timeshare, you cannot waitlist unless you give up your existing reservation. That's why that's not a great option to do so.

I'd keep calling every week. It's really the best option. And don't forget about Fri or Sun check-in dates either.


Jun 6, 2005
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Its silver season, although NJ week :) Anything wrong with waitlisting?

This is going to be an extremely difficult week to exchange for. I can see why you want to reserve it and rent it, but I think it's a long-shot. I would not waitlist, because if it doesn't come through, you won't have any reservation at all.

What's your backup plan?

As Lisa said you should reserve your own week, ASAP as a backup.

I would also see what other popular weeks at Harborside are available.

Consider using Staroptions to reserve a popular week at another resort to rent.

To me, that is a pain in the you know what that I dont like the idea of.

Which ever way you go, it's going to take some work to exchange and then rent a good week. You will have to be proactive and put some time into it to get the results you want.