• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Silly question about pierced ears

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I left all my jewelry, including all my earrings and the ones I usually wear day to day, at the new house. Earrings were left by accident. Since we will not be moving there for at least 2 weeks, I am now concerned about my pierced ear holes closing.

Should I be concerned? At 63 years of age I have never not worn my earrings for that length of time. Should I buy a cheap set to wear in the meantime?

Such problems, I know.....

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I know that eventually the holes can close up, and even if they don't close up if earrings are left off for a period of time it can be difficult to get them in. If it's going to be a few weeks I'd get a pair to wear until then.

And don't buy so cheap a pair that whatever the wires or posts are made of will irritate your ears.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I'm allergic, but still on occasion wear earrings. It can be months and months between times I wear any. Yes it can be a little hard to get them in but, they pop through.

Can't remember the last time I wore any, probably time to torture myself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I just had my ears pierced a couple of years ago. Some days like today I don’t put my earrings in.
I have some earrings that go in super easy after not wearing for a bit and others that need some extra antibacterial liquid to put them in. I let my ears heal after I had them pierced years ago. I got a new hairdresser a couple of years ago and she re- pierced my ears so I could wear earrings again. You could pick up a pair of studs to keep the piercing intact til you get your earrings back. Hope this helps!
Silentg

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
I left all my jewelry, including all my earrings and the ones I usually wear day to day, at the new house. Earrings were left by accident. Since we will not be moving there for at least 2 weeks, I am now concerned about my pierced ear holes closing.

Should I be concerned? At 63 years of age I have never not worn my earrings for that length of time. Should I buy a cheap set to wear in the meantime?

Hey, good question! Two weeks? Naw, I wouldn't worry. I always, always, almost always wore earrings unless I was swimming or sleeping. Well, I few years ago, I took a job where I wear a headset all day. So, no more earrings. Yes, after a couple years I did have a problem with one of my lobes. Now I try to remind myself to wear a pair every once in awhile :)

geekette

Reaction score
I'm allergic, but still on occasion wear earrings. It can be months and months between times I wear any. Yes it can be a little hard to get them in but, they pop through.

Can't remember the last time I wore any, probably time to torture myself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ditto. I can go many weeks and sometimes months.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Swooning in my chair over this subject! When I was a teenager I applied for a job at a mall jewelry store. Um, no I'm not getting a TB test, and hell no I'm not going to be piercing ears. Ugh!
No pierced ears for me, not then, not now and not after I die! I have a bunch of very nice clip-ons.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
No pierced ears for me, not then, not now and not after I die! I have a bunch of very nice clip-ons.
One reason I got my ears pierced was because the clip-ons always pinched.

geekette

Reaction score
One reason I got my ears pierced was because the clip-ons always pinched.
only reason my ears got pierced is because my older sister wanted pierced ears. Mom took us to a jewelry store and we all 3 came out pierced. I was probably 13. I have never been much of an accessorizer so rarely wear them, forget about it mostly since I'm not putting on other jewelry that might remind me. Back then I would leave studs in all the time.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
only reason my ears got pierced is because my older sister wanted pierced ears. Mom took us to a jewelry store and we all 3 came out pierced. I was probably 13. I have never been much of an accessorizer so rarely wear them, forget about it mostly since I'm not putting on other jewelry that might remind me. Back then I would leave studs in all the time.
I was the oldest of 2 girls. My mother was raised in the area that only ethnic or "cheap" girls got their ears pierced. So I didn't have mine pierced until I was in college, and I was away working in Yellowstone. My mother was okay with it. She even made the statement that she would get her ears pierced if my sister did. My sister did, Mom never did.

I don't feel "dressed" unless I have earrings on. I can go without makeup, but once I'm dressed I have to have my earrings.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I was the oldest of 2 girls. My mother was raised in the area that only ethnic or "cheap" girls got their ears pierced. So I didn't have mine pierced until I was in college, and I was away working in Yellowstone. My mother was okay with it. She even made the statement that she would get her ears pierced if my sister did. My sister did, Mom never did.

I don't feel "dressed" unless I have earrings on. I can go without makeup, but once I'm dressed I have to have my earrings.

Same with me. Day to day I just wear posts, but I have to have them on. That and my two rings. I am not one for necklaces. I do wear a bracelet a lot- when working I was so used to wearing a watch, but now retired I never put one on.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Hooker-earrings.com I do occasionally wear vintage clip or screw ons, but on a daily basis wear hookers -- no pinching, lots of styles. Made the mistake of making sure I had the website right, now I want dream catcher earrings. Cliff offered me diamond studs, knowing there was no way in hell I'd get my ears pierced.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Same with me. Day to day I just wear posts, but I have to have them on. That and my two rings. I am not one for necklaces. I do wear a bracelet a lot- when working I was so used to wearing a watch, but now retired I never put one on.
Nope, no posts here. I go full earring. :p The only time I don't wear them is to the gym and to the beach.

I do wear a gold chain around my neck all of the time, and usually 2 chain bracelets, one gold, one silver. The catches are broken on both bracelets and I need to get them fixed. Probably because I wear them all the time.

Oh yeah, and my toe rings. Those are on all of the time as well.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a good excuse to buy a new pair of earrings to me!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So what I ended up doing is going to Walmart and buying a cheap $5.00 package of like 9 post sets! Lol! I was out doing errands anyway, so decided to check it out.

I always wipe my earlobes with alcohol each day and I don’t sleep with them on so all should be good until I move.

Who knows? I might end up preferring these for day to day use. The ones I put on are those teeny, tiny ones that you can’t even feel you are wearing!

Thanks for all your input!

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mary Ann did you only recently get your ears pierced? I had a second piercing in one ear done while I was at university (over 40 years ago) that I probably hasn't seen an earringnow for at least 20 YEARS (or maybe longer). This thread piqued my curiosity, so I just now went to see if I could get an earring in after all these years. Had to use the magnifying side of my makeup mirror to even FIND the hole and believe me it wasn't obvious. The earring DID go in after some wiggling.

So if your ears have been pierced for a long time I wouldn't give two weeks without earrings a second thought!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I refuse to get my ear pierced. So Patti says no real diamomds for me. I do have about 30 ear cuffs. Almost all are for my left ear only a couple for my right ear. These range from simple bands, whale, turtle, dolphin, snake, mermaid, Dragon, Fairy, etc.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Mary Ann did you only recently get your ears pierced? I had a second piercing in one ear done while I was at university (over 40 years ago) that I probably hasn't seen an earringnow for at least 20 YEARS (or maybe longer). This thread piqued my curiosity, so I just now went to see if I could get an earring in after all these years. Had to use the magnifying side of my makeup mirror to even FIND the hole and believe me it wasn't obvious. The earring DID go in after some wiggling.

So if your ears have been pierced for a long time I wouldn't give two weeks without earrings a second thought!

LOL! NO! I have had them pierced since a teenager! I actually have 4 holes- the second pair were done by my cousin when I was in my twenties. For some reason, my left ear hole that she did is very sensitive and gets irritated a lot.

But so far so good with these little Walmart earrings. Ha! Ha!:)

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)

I stopped wearing pierced earrings years ago due to being on the phone so much at work. I wanted to wear earrings a couple of months ago for a special event, and while they were a little tough to push through, they went through eventually and w/o bleeding!