• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Signed an agreement but seems like a timeshare resale scam now...help (2019) Vidanta

mp562

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta
@Karen G me too, I'm so glad I listened to everyone on here. The attorney I was talking to also said the same thing, so you guys definitely give great advice and it works. I only hope to get the word out to as many people as possible and I know you're doing a great job !!

toppats

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Hi Everyone --

We could really use your help on this one. I've read through a lot of other red flags/scam messages on the forums but I haven't seen any advice for if you've signed a sales agreement and then realize it's a scam.

A little background on our situation. We were cold called (which should have been red flag #1) and then offered far more for our timeshare that what we paid (should have been red flag #2) from a buyer (should have been red flag #3) interested in obtaining controlling ownership of Vidanta resort in Nuevo Vallarta. We were told that no money would be needed up front and that their commission fees would come out of the sale from the escrow account. So far this seemed reasonable. They even sent us the Citibanamex bank account statement - which we called and confirmed that the account is valid and that the money was in it. We did not provide the amount to CItibanamex when we called, and they told us what it was which matched the statement. They also provided us their realtor sales information which was confirmed with the Pennsylvania board and everything, again everything seemed legitimate. Then the kicker comes in, we would need to pay a tax and establish a Mexican ID to conduct the sale, which would be a reimbursement after the sale but we would need to pay that now or go down to Mexico and deal with this (that should have been red flag #4). At this point I said that we were told no money would be needed up front and now we have to pay these RFC Tax Payer ID "taxes" ($5430 - funny how others have been about the same amout). Now is when we felt this was a scam, and a good scam at that. We also noticed the website addressed changed through this process as well as e-mail addresses - as we've dragged out the whole process for almost 3 months now. We were provided with 2 satisfied clients, but can't tell if they're in on it, we're going to assume that they are at this point.

The problem is, as I've stated at the beginning, that we signed the sales agreement, and in it there is a clause which states that if we decide to cancel the sale (breach of agreement), we would be responsible to paying their commission - 4% ($2812.40). We've already spoken with an attorney and are prepared to go to court if necessary, but has anyone else been in this situation? If so, what did you do? Did you have to end up going to court? Did you just ignore them and they went away? Did you just stop taking their calls/block their calls? Did you tell them to go away and that you weren't going to be sending them any money? Did you end up having to go through with a court ordeal? We told them that our bank would not wire money to Mexico. We have a follow up call with the same attorney this coming Wednesday, but would love to hear if anyone else has been in our stupid situation that we put ourselves in.

While we did sign the sales agreement, we never signed the escrow documents, so this is the only point that we got to.

They have sent a cancellation letter saying that we need to pay the 4% but they can't do this before the closing date, so we're not too worried about that as they have already sent quite a few with wrong information.

Before we ever got started (around June 2019), we tried doing research, but nothing came up - only now am I finding others saying this is a scam starting around September 2019.

If this does go to court, we will prove that they knowingly committed fraud and then we will be counter-suing them for wasting my time. We will also be reporting them to the BBB, the state attorney general (Pennsylvania), as well as the Federal Trade Commission (which is where we did find some info starting around September 2019).

We don't want to get rid of our timeshare at this point, as we do use it, we just want these people to go away and are willing to fight it.

Players involved in this (if it is even their real names/companies):

James Adams
Real Estate Broker
Ace Properties LLC
1701 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
(267) 678-0104 x375

William Canzino
Escrow Officer
1913 Capital Group LLC
403 Wythe Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11249
(917) 745-3729

We appreciate your advice and expertise in advance. We will follow up as information comes along for anyone else that's in our situation and shut these scam artists down once and for all.

Thank you for listening to us.
Almost identical experience my next door neighbor is going through now with selling their timeshare. Unfortunately, they have now been scammed out of $3500, the first go around, then another $3100, and now supposedly the paperwork is being held at the Mexican border for some insurance baloney for additional $2500. I've told her about this group and to not send any more money. Trashing them on the internet or filing complaints I doubt will do any good.

toppats

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Hi Everyone --

We could really use your help on this one. I've read through a lot of other red flags/scam messages on the forums but I haven't seen any advice for if you've signed a sales agreement and then realize it's a scam.

A little background on our situation. We were cold called (which should have been red flag #1) and then offered far more for our timeshare that what we paid (should have been red flag #2) from a buyer (should have been red flag #3) interested in obtaining controlling ownership of Vidanta resort in Nuevo Vallarta. We were told that no money would be needed up front and that their commission fees would come out of the sale from the escrow account. So far this seemed reasonable. They even sent us the Citibanamex bank account statement - which we called and confirmed that the account is valid and that the money was in it. We did not provide the amount to CItibanamex when we called, and they told us what it was which matched the statement. They also provided us their realtor sales information which was confirmed with the Pennsylvania board and everything, again everything seemed legitimate. Then the kicker comes in, we would need to pay a tax and establish a Mexican ID to conduct the sale, which would be a reimbursement after the sale but we would need to pay that now or go down to Mexico and deal with this (that should have been red flag #4). At this point I said that we were told no money would be needed up front and now we have to pay these RFC Tax Payer ID "taxes" ($5430 - funny how others have been about the same amout). Now is when we felt this was a scam, and a good scam at that. We also noticed the website addressed changed through this process as well as e-mail addresses - as we've dragged out the whole process for almost 3 months now. We were provided with 2 satisfied clients, but can't tell if they're in on it, we're going to assume that they are at this point.

The problem is, as I've stated at the beginning, that we signed the sales agreement, and in it there is a clause which states that if we decide to cancel the sale (breach of agreement), we would be responsible to paying their commission - 4% ($2812.40). We've already spoken with an attorney and are prepared to go to court if necessary, but has anyone else been in this situation? If so, what did you do? Did you have to end up going to court? Did you just ignore them and they went away? Did you just stop taking their calls/block their calls? Did you tell them to go away and that you weren't going to be sending them any money? Did you end up having to go through with a court ordeal? We told them that our bank would not wire money to Mexico. We have a follow up call with the same attorney this coming Wednesday, but would love to hear if anyone else has been in our stupid situation that we put ourselves in.

While we did sign the sales agreement, we never signed the escrow documents, so this is the only point that we got to.

They have sent a cancellation letter saying that we need to pay the 4% but they can't do this before the closing date, so we're not too worried about that as they have already sent quite a few with wrong information.

Before we ever got started (around June 2019), we tried doing research, but nothing came up - only now am I finding others saying this is a scam starting around September 2019.

If this does go to court, we will prove that they knowingly committed fraud and then we will be counter-suing them for wasting my time. We will also be reporting them to the BBB, the state attorney general (Pennsylvania), as well as the Federal Trade Commission (which is where we did find some info starting around September 2019).

We don't want to get rid of our timeshare at this point, as we do use it, we just want these people to go away and are willing to fight it.

Players involved in this (if it is even their real names/companies):

James Adams
Real Estate Broker
Ace Properties LLC
1701 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
(267) 678-0104 x375

William Canzino
Escrow Officer
1913 Capital Group LLC
403 Wythe Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11249
(917) 745-3729

We appreciate your advice and expertise in advance. We will follow up as information comes along for anyone else that's in our situation and shut these scam artists down once and for all.

Thank you for listening to us.
Unfortunately our neighbor just lost $7500 to a company who goes by: Real Time Property Investments funneling through Santander Bank.

mp562

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Almost identical experience my next door neighbor is going through now with selling their timeshare. Unfortunately, they have now been scammed out of $3500, the first go around, then another $3100, and now supposedly the paperwork is being held at the Mexican border for some insurance baloney for additional $2500. I've told her about this group and to not send any more money. Trashing them on the internet or filing complaints I doubt will do any good.
Yes, please tell them to stop. Hopefully your next door neighbor will start listening to you. These guys won't do anything if you just ignore them, they'll just move onto the next person. You're right because they'll just change names, phone numbers, websites, email addresses, etc... Sorry that your neighbors are going through that.

mp562

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just wanted to get another name out there in case anyone runs across this new scam. I did not return the call and immediately blocked the number, but he may me making the rounds, so be aware.

John Patterson
(347) 429-7342 x1814

mp562

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope you haven't been paying an attorney. If you have, you have been wasting your money. There is absolutely no need for one here...

George
Hi George, I signed up for Legal Zoom and it was well worth the $200 for 6 months. I didn't renew but was happy with the service I received.

mp562

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Everyone --

Just wanted to update everyone, I recently received calls from two people offering to buy my timeshare, always be on the alert for scams.

Max William
Century 21
(888) 208-1560
- offering to buy my timeshare

Jim Rice
Investor Management
(303) 214-5018 x711
- offering to buy or rent a few weeks of my timeshare

Hope everyone is having a good year so far !!