• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Sightings" Found online, hard to find: sanitizer, wipes, cleaners, etc

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's help each other find the hard to find items as they start coming back online.
Post "sightings" of hard to find items that can be ordered online here.

Hand Sanitizer
Bath and Body works has some available, not the most cost effective, but they are made with 68% alcohol.

Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score
Let's help each other find the hard to find items as they start coming back online.
Post "sightings" of hard to find items that can be ordered online here.

Hand Sanitizer
Bath and Body works has some available, not the most cost effective, but they are made with 68% alcohol.

My wife makes her own -- alcohol and glycerine

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
For Costco delivery it makes a difference where you are located. No T P available for delivery at Costco Orange County CA.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
For Costco delivery it makes a difference where you are located. No T P available for delivery at Costco Orange County CA.
Not available in the Las Vegas area either.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
This isn't online/delivery per se, but one possibility is a local restaurant/hotel/banquet facility. One of ours is selling some of their stock of paper goods and pantry staples to help continue paying their employees. Prices are fair; I'm picking up some flour, yeast, etc. this afternoon from them and they are also selling toilet paper (limit 2 rolls/transaction) though I've been able to find that at my local grocery store. I do my weekly shopping on Tuesday mornings, when selection seems good.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Or spokane......I was excited. I haven't seen tp on the shelves since early March

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I found that I can get excited about finding something online just to have it disappear a few seconds later. So while I think this thread is trying to be helpful, it's really not as supplies change minute by minute and area by area.

Last edited:

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
Same in the San Francisco Bay Area

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Hand Sanitizer

It is sold out at the moment (1:30 pm CST 4/11/20). I have an order on the way that I placed a week ago, very early on a Saturday morning. Someone told me that your best chance of success with this company is early in the morning.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just that quick, "currently unavailable". :oops:

By the way, anyone who has a septic system don't flush these "Flushable" wipes. They will really do a job on that type of system. Found out the hard way.
I just went through the link and still available. I went to final order page to make sure. Ordered one for me in SC and one for mom NYC.

Are you a prime member? I am, wonder if they are limiting to Prime or region.

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just through the link and still available. I went to final order page to make sure. Ordered one for me in SC and one for mom NYC.

Are you a prime member? I am, wonder if they are limiting to Prime or region.
Yes, prime. I'll have to keep trying. They come and go so quickly it seems. :eek:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
if you can’t find TP
Scott Flushable Wet Wipes, 8 Resealable Packs, 51 Wipes per Pack (408 Total Wipes), Fragrance-Free https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7W1UOY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_7CDKEbB6TH79A
very important!!!!! These are not flushable!!!

even though they say they are. That just means they won't clog a toilet. They do not break down in sewer pipes the way that toiler paper is made to do., contributing tremendously to clogged sewers. Handle them the Mexican way. Fold them neatly and put them in a lined wastebasket conveniently situated adjacent to the toiler. (They do it that way in Mexico, and throughout Latin America because their toilet paper clogs their sewers.)

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
very important!!!!! These are not flushable!!!

even though they say they are. That just means they won't clog a toilet. They do not break down in sewer pipes the way that toiler paper is made to do., contributing tremendously to clogged sewers. Handle them the Mexican way. Fold them neatly and put them in a lined wastebasket conveniently situated adjacent to the toiler. (They do it that way in Mexico, and throughout Latin America because their toilet paper clogs their sewers.)

Never has a problem with this brand. I have used them for years but I it was in newer homes.

This is what Scott’s website says
“Scott® Flushable Wipes help your family feel refreshingly clean. Scott Flushable Wipes are free of fragrance, alcohol, and dyes for a gentleness you can trust. The flushable wipes immediately start to break down after flushing and are sewer and septic safe, with patented SafeFlush Technology®. They are made of fibers 100% plant sourced and are perfect for the whole family”

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
On Amazon, some of the off brand hand sanitizers are available for sale. Has anyone tried any of these hand sanitizers?

The brand “Artnaturals” has a lot of reviews but it is $40 (with delivery and taxes) for a 4 pack. Is it worth it?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
try Costco Business for commercial grade toilet paper.

One big reason why the shortage of toilet paper continues is disruption in the toilet paper supply chain. With people staying home, the demand for commercial TP has plummeted, while the demand for residential TP has increased. Home and commercial TP are produced in different plants, and use different ingredients (commercial TP uses more recycled fiber). The takeup spools are different, and the packaging is different. So a commercial TP plant can't suddenly switch to residential TP. TP is also a low-margin business in ordinary times, so TP producers run their plants at near full capacity under normal conditions. So they haven't had a lot of extra capacity to ramp up production.

Knowing the above, I used my Costco Business account to buy commercial TP. When I placed the order none of the residential style TP was available, but commercial was, I bought two cases, so we're well stocked. The rolls have a large core, so they won't fit in conventional holder. But that's something that can be managed.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On Amazon, some of the off brand hand sanitizers are available for sale. Has anyone tried any of these hand sanitizers?

The brand “Artnaturals” has a lot of reviews but it is $40 (with delivery and taxes) for a 4 pack. Is it worth it?

Unless Amazon is the seller I would not trust the ingredients are really what they say they are.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I wait in the line.