• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Siesta Key

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are spending a week at Siesta Key; this is our first visit here. Can you recommend a few good restaurants in the area. I know this is a broad question but being unfamiliar with the area any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went down to the south end and really enjoyed the turtle club. In siesta village had nice breakfast at the village cafe

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Still looking for a good Italian Restaurant. We are staying at Crescent Beach not at the Hyatt, cut close to it.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you skimmed the tug reviews. I always mention a restaurant if it was good, and others do too. I remember a good Italian south on 41. It was on restaurant.com or entertainment book and it was good. I don’t remember name, sorry but it was near Costco. We also ate at a pub near the Publix down a small street. Pretty good food

Last edited:

itd1sah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do a search for Gulf Gate Sarasota. There are a lot of great little restaurants in that area. Located near Stickney after you cross 41 heading east from Siesta. Actually, it is
behind a Publix that is in the shopping center at the corner of Stickney and 41.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love the Lobster Pot in Siesta Key!

joyzilli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not Italian, but Clayton's is great. La Dolce Vita on Clark Road, off the key, is good. Gabiano's in the village is good italian. Our favorite Italian is Napule, which is also off the key on 41.

joyzilli

TUG Member
Reaction score
A friend just told us about La Violetta on Swift Road. She said it was great Italian food. We haven't tried it yet.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the excellent ideas. I have made a list from your recommendations.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I second Claytons.....my favorite on the key.....

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Trip Advisor will lead you to best places. We owned a timeshare in Siesta Key, very nice place .
Especially the beach. We enjoyed the Beach Bistro On Anna Maria Island. Also the Ringling museum. We owned a week at Calini Beach Club in October. We gifted to another TUgger, as we bought it from a TUgger at a bargain so we did the same. We hope they enjoy it as much as we did.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trip Advisor will lead you to best places. We owned a timeshare in Siesta Key, very nice place .
Especially the beach. We enjoyed the Beach Bistro On Anna Maria Island. Also the Ringling museum. We owned a week at Calini Beach Club in October. We gifted to another TUgger, as we bought it from a TUgger at a bargain so we did the same. We hope they enjoy it as much as we did.
Like Calini , wish I had seen it when you gifted.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Like Calini , wish I had seen it when you gifted.
It was posted just a short time. A family bought it because parents owned the same week, so they spend time together but in own unit. Just for closing cost s and maintenance fee. Not sure if the could go last year?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was posted just a short time. A family bought it because parents owned the same week, so they spend time together but in own unit. Just for closing cost s and maintenance fee. Not sure if the could go last year?
We went to sanibel in December but that was the year my husband fell and we could not travel and I was pretty concerned about us traveling again

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Ringling museum of art free on Monday and grounds are free that day too.

We loved the Ringling Museum, especially the miniature circus. A smaller version was displayed at the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville. It had expanded a lot by the time we saw it at the museum. Truly amazing work!

Sheila

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We loved the Ringling Museum, especially the miniature circus. A smaller version was displayed at the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville. It had expanded a lot by the time we saw it at the museum. Truly amazing work!

Sheila
Circus world museum baraboo Wisconsin has a big miniature circus display plus at least fifty restored wagons and all kinds of memorabilia from the Ringling brothers. They also do a big top performance all summer. Truly was a family operation with aunts making costumes and an uncle who was a blacksmith, Etc. I don’t remember exact details but there were four or five years that all four ringling brothers were on the top ten richest men in America list.

Last edited:

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if you have come to Siesta Key yet, but here are our favorite restaurants. We live in Sarasota. Cafe Barbossa, Ophelias, Alpine Steak House, Selva, Schnitzel Kitchen, The Clam House, Tripletail, Taste of Hong Kong
These are all over the area, only Ophelia s is on the Key.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Siesta Key on Saturday, July 19. I'm not bad mouthing Siesta Key because we had a great time but just a warning to others planning to go there. We were not in a time share - we had rented cottages that provided enough room for our family. BUT the beach was unbelievable. Tropical storm Elsa hit the coast just before we arrived. The ocean was full of red tide and dead fish were swept up onto the beach by the hundreds. The smell was awful. Stayed there for about a half hour then we left. Fortunately our cottages had a private pool that we were able to enjoy. Siesta Key was a lot of fun but we had to stay away from the beach. :bawl:

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I live near there. There was a chemical spill situation up near Tampa that fed into the red tide. Pollutants from Lake Okeechobee don’t help either. Red tide seems to come every summer now. 2018 was worse than this. None seems to change to prevent this. So sad.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Sorry to hear this, the beach was beautiful when we stayed. Hope it will return to that soon.