• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shuttle to Royal Haciendas???

Riggo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knew whether the Royals would be operating a shuttle service between the Royal Resorts in Cancun and the Royal Haciendas in Playa.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I think I heard something about a shuttle, but it wasn't free. If not, at least I bumped the question for you.

maja651

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have asked this question the Royals several times. The answer every time has been, "yes, there will probably be one, but that has not been determined yet." I asked my salesperson, the online live chat person, and the salesperson who actually showed us the Royal Hacienda site last August. I would love to know if there is a more recent answer. I plan to ask again in late April/early May when we are in Cancun again.

Michelle

Tony2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked this very question while at the Royal Caribbean this past week and was told there will definitely be a shuttle but they haven't determined the cost yet.

KarenK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they taking prospective customers down to view the resort yet??

Reaction score
Karen-

Yes, they are taking people down to the site. As a matter of fact, we now own week #33! The place is going to be awesome. Check out the website for a peek! :cool:

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tony2 said:
I asked this very question while at the Royal Caribbean this past week and was told there will definitely be a shuttle but they haven't determined the cost yet.
TONY..were you at the Carribean this past week and didn't tell me???
I was there for 2 weeks, would love to have met you.

Tony2

TUG Member
Reaction score
nana7 said:
TONY..were you at the Carribean this past week and didn't tell me???
I was there for 2 weeks, would love to have met you.

Yes, that would have been good to meet up with you. I own week 7 at the RC, so maybe we'll connect next year.

If you were anywhere near the pool bar you probably saw me.:)

Hoosier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tony2 said:
If you were anywhere near the pool bar you probably saw me.:)

You're just the one I need to talk to. :D :D How much are drinks at the pool bar? Since I will also be camped out there, I need to budget appropriately. :D :D

Patricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a sales shuttle to Royal hacendies from Cancun; uncertain about Playa

:) Hi Tuggers;

I know this will not answer your question directly, but
We were at VCI (Vacation Club Internacional) last week; this is a sister
resort to the Royal Sands, etc.

While there, I took the timeshare tour of the Royal Sands and saw the show
suite in Phase 2. It was beautiful; although there is no kitchen in the lock-off
which I found surprising. Also, my husband wasn't in attendance, so it was more of a "courtesy tour" as opposed to a sales tour.

however, Christie did say the new units at the Royal Haciendas do have
kitchens in the lock-off suites.

When I asked about seeing the newest resort, she said Yes, there are shuittles which go everyday at 9am, 9:30 am, 10 am. They are free.
(Something to keep in mind....these are operated by the Sales Staff, so
you will probably get a sales pitch; but it would be worth it, in my opinion)
HOWEVER, these shuttles leave from Royal Sands in CANCUN to Royal Hacendias outside of Playa del Carmen.

Now, as to shuttles at the new Royal hacendies, you would definitely need
them if you didn't have a car. From our calculations, it is something like
3 or 4 miles to Playa del Carmen. Much too far to walk; especially in the heat.

Soooooo, definitely, I would try to get something in writing about a shuttle
service from the Royal haciendas to to town of Playa del Carmen.

Maybe another Tugger has a more accurate distance of this newest resort;
but you would be much happier with a car.

By the way, my sister loves Playa del Carmen; it is more relaxed and laid back; more like a Mexican village. But I preferred the 'big city' of Cancun.

But really, it's just a matter of personal preference, cause they are both
wonderful.

Regards,
Patricia

ps I thought some Tuggers had said the pool at the Royal Sands was heated..... sure didn't seem that way to us !!! We found it on the cool
side.

maja651

TUG Member
Reaction score
hey Patricia - thanks for posting. Unless they have changed the plans, the new Royal Hacienda resort lockoffs don't really have a kitchen. Thave have a microwave, refrigerator, small sink, and coffee pot, but no oven or cook top. (We toured the RH last August).

I am not surprised they have shuttles to show the new RH site now for sales, but I think what everyone is wondering is if they willhave shuttles for members who want to spend the day at the new resort, like they have now in Cancun for the 5 resorts in Cancun. We are used to having a free shuttle that carts us around to the various Royal Resorts in Cancun and at least I am, hoping they have something similar to the new Royal Hacienda resort.

Too bad about the pool at the Sands. I have heard they heat the pool now in the winter months, but have never been there when heated. We go in late April, so the pool temperature is usually not a big deal.

Thanks again,

Michelle

Tony2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hoosier said:
You're just the one I need to talk to. :D :D How much are drinks at the pool bar? Since I will also be camped out there, I need to budget appropriately. :D :D

Banana Monkeys and other exotic drinks are $6 for regular size and $8 for the grande, but all drinks are half price during happy hour between 3 & 5.

Riggo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anu updates on whether the Royals will be running a regular shuttle service to the Royal Haciendas?

kasha

TUG Member
Reaction score
We go to the Sands in late March and it is definatley heated when we are there. You can feel the warm water come out!:D

geoffb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Riggo said:
Anu updates on whether the Royals will be running a regular shuttle service to the Royal Haciendas?

We were told in March that there would be a shuttle between Cancun (probably the Royals Sands) and the Royal Haciendas after they open but everyone seemed a little unclear on how often it would run.

We were also told that room cards from the five resorts in Cancun will be allowed to charge and use ammenities at the Haciendas and vice versa.

SusanMu

Reaction score
What I was told on 5/3 when we took the tour of the new place is there will be shuttles with a charge. They also will only have a couple down and a couple back per day. They want to keep the Hacienda smaller and more intimate. They have not set up a schedule yet but from what they where saying the shuttle will require advanced reservations. They are still working out all the glitches and scheduling for the shuttle.

Blue Skies

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thread Hijack

They want to keep the Hacienda smaller and more intimate.

I thought that when the Haciendas is completed, it will have 500 villas. How do they consider that small and intimate?

SusanMu

Reaction score
The first phase when complete (scheduled for July 2007) will only be 130 units and the second phase will be 134 units (buildings will only be 3 or 4 stories compared to 7 or 8 in other Royals). Compare this to Royal Mayan has approximately 200, Royal Caribbean has approximately 186 , Royal Islander has approximately 180 and phase 1 of Royal Sands has approximately 186 while the second phase has only 133 units more in line to the Royal Haciendas.

The Royal Haciendas will have 4 phases totaling 500 while the Tri-Royals is 3 phases with 567 units (just to put in perspective). So each phase will be smaller the grounds will be more spread out with more fountains and gardens with hamocks spread out through the grounds. The childrens pool will be totally seperate from the main pool in each phase as well as having jacuzzi's on either side of the main pool. The layout is meant to give the feeling of more privacy and more intimate or better said exclusive. When looking at the layout they really have tried to take the best of all the previous Royals and go one step further.

jlhemenway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Susan, me again - Lynne:hi: Hemenway I understand that after the 1st 4 phazes (shapped like a "M") they will continue with 2 more large units just like the 1st big "M" to have a total of 3 big "M's" This was told to me by one of the long time sales managers (located at the Sands) AND one of the marketing managers associated with putting together all the sales marketing materials for the Hacienda's.