• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should we stop @ Wal Mart

mitchandjeanette

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are only two of us traveling and staying at Westin Lagunamar. We know we want to get water, and breakfast stuff for one week. Should we have our shuttle stop at Wal Mart on the way from the airport to the Lagunamar? Or since we are not shopping for a family, would we be wasting time and or money? (looks like apx $30.00 extra for the stop)

Last edited:

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Don't stop...it is out of way...

I believe you are talking about Cancun. The Walmart is out of your way from airport and you may not get right into your room so if you buy items that need to be kept cold, you will have a problem. I suggest going right to your resort, drop off your stuff. get your room and settle in. The water at the resort will be safe to drink. then when you are ready, take the bus to Walmart. It will cost about 65 cents or 6.5 pesos each. Take abus marked Walmart on window and then ask driver to call out Walmart for you. YOu will be within a block and you just walk down a little street to Walmart. After you shop, you can catch a bus back right at the corner of Walmart to the left as you leave the store. Just look for bus that says hotel zone. If you have a lot of food that might melt or too much to carry, you can get a taxi for maybe $10--12 right at the door. You will be right near La Isla shopping mall at your resort, I believe.
Enjoy.

cooldj23

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in Cancun at the Lagunamar as I write this and I can definitely recommend going to Walmart by bus for the essentials but with a few specifics:
Don't try to go between 5:00 and 7:00 pm - the buses are mobbed with employees retuning home. Look out from the resort at the bus stop to seee how many peole are waiting. If there are more than 25 people - I suggest you go another time. The next morning it will be deserted.
Take a cab back to the Hotel - You will have lot of groceries to haul - a cab runs around 100 pesos ($9.00) and they help you carry the groceries!
Walmart is not on the same street as the bus so when you get on tell the driver that you are going to Walmart and he will announce it so sit near the front of the bus. When you get off Walmart is one block east of the Bus route. We got Eggs, tequila mix and tequila, beer, mangoes (incredible) bread, and a bunch of other things for $700 pesos and paid by Master card. Be aware thought that if your spanish is not good you may struggle to get the right things. More info later - got to head to dinner

cooldj23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Walmar is one block west of the highway - sorry