• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should I worry about my Delta ff tickets

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Reading the newspaper yesterday made me very nervous about Delta and the four ff tickets I have to Hawaii for June. Do you think the airline will still be flying then or will the pilot's strike and put them out of business? I'd hate to think I might have to purchase four tickets at the last minute. :confused:

Sheila

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know just how you feel...we have a trip planned for September to Seattle, with FF tickets our daughter got for us. Hopefully something will happen so they won't strike.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Delta ff tickets to France in late June. I am cautiously optomistic that things will work out. United and Northwest both had the same brinkmanship between the pilots and management in their bankruptcies and in the end everything got settled. My wife and I both had NW tickets during the possible period a strike could have been called, and flew anyway.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I was hoping you would weigh in, Steve. I'll be cautiously optimistic with you. My daughter has Northwest tickets flying mostly on Delta metal to join us in Hawaii. Hopefully we'll all get there with no problem.

Now if I could just find an affordable ticket for the last kid who finally decided he wants to go as well.

Sheila

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I'm cautiously optimistic too. I booked two FF tickets on Delta to SXM for July only about a month ago, and just found out yesterday that they have discontinued service there on the day (Friday) that we were to go and return. A customer service rep graciously gave me the option of redepositing the miles for free, but I opted to change the flights to Saturdays (which is what I wanted anyway since we check into a timeshare there on Saturday - when I booked the tickets there were no Saturday tickets available in the Skysaver category, so this is a bonus.)

But I am eagerly trying to use up my miles in case the worst should happen. At least I expect they will still be flying this weekend when I go to Palm Springs in first class for $10!

I also flew on Northwest last year during their mechanics' action to Europe with no problems, and am hoping that Delta will also pull through.

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And we are due to fly from FL to CA in October on ff miles...other airlines have managed to get through this stuff, so I'm hopeful...
Connie

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
susgar said:
What is the difference between skysaver and using skymiles? Thanks

Skymiles is the general name of the Delta's ff program. Delta has two types of award tickets: Skysaver, which are capacity controlled (usually 25,000 miles for a free domestic flight) and Skychoice, which are more available, but charge double--50,000 miles for a free flight. In my experience lately with Delta trying to book ff tickets (granted less than 331 days out) the only thing ever available is Skychoice. Some program........ :mad:

andrea t

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are using ff miles for 3 business class tickets to Venice in June. My cruise insurance will not reimburse me if I have to cancel because the airline goes belly up, so my fingers are crossed!

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Gee, I did not even think about the possible Delta strike and issues until this thread. We have tickets to Puerto Vallarta over Xmas and New Years. If they go belly up - it will likely cost me a future in airfares.

Honestly, all the airlines are in economic difficulties. So let's just all hope for the best.

Joyce