I screen scrape and save some RCI availability data - mostly on Kauai and the Big Island; I don't gather much data on Oahu, but what little I do indicates that most availability occur much more than a year out.
At this point, it is likely you are waiting for an owner to decide to deposit rather than go. As an owner on a different island, I wouldn't make that decision until I either had firm plans that did not include my timeshare unit or it was much closer to check in - perhaps 3 or 4 months.
So if you are hoping to lock in plans before you buy airfare and this unit works for you, you might sleep better at night if you take it.
FWIW, we're doing just the opposite for a trip to the BI in late April. We have our airline tickets and week in Kapoho booked, but have an ongoing search for just one of two check in dates on the Kona side. We don't expect a match any sooner than a couple of weeks before check in. If it doesn't work, we'll be renting a condo via VRBO.