• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should I rescind?

Chad Mclaren

Reaction score
Family on vacation in orlando for Disney. We did the timeshare tour, not thinking I would get involved. I turned down their first two offers and 5 hours later I'm signing paperwork... After reading, I'm wondering if I made a big mistake.

Purchased 50k points/year for $7500. Holiday inn club vacation. Yearly maintenance fee is around $415.

I was sold on the fact that there seem to be a ton of places we can go through rci and that if you book within 30 days of your trip, you could get steep discounts on your points. My wife and I have very flexible schedules so I thought that sounded pretty good.

Anyway, I'm now wondering if that is a reasonable expectation or if this deal wasn't really a deal at all? Please advise.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you should rescind. Those RCI Last Calls DO exist, but they are leftovers. Ski resorts in mud season, beaches in winter, mostly studios. After you rescind, c'mon back, ANY resale- even a free one or one you buy for $1 on eBay comes with the RCI Last Calls.

Chad Mclaren

Reaction score
Yes, you should rescind. Those RCI Last Calls DO exist, but they are leftovers. Ski resorts in mud season, beaches in winter, mostly studios. After you rescind, c'mon back, ANY resale- even a free one or one you buy for $1 on eBay comes with the RCI Last Calls.

Ah, good to know. Any opinion if I would be better off to do that in person while I'm here or go through all the mailing and mess? I'd kind of like to leave not worrying about it but I don't want to waste a whole extra day of vacation.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
You REALLY don't want to give the salesweasels another shot at you, do you? Just hand write a letter send it USPS Certified w/return receipt. Every signer of the contract MUST sign the rescission letter. Include a COPY of the signature page for ID purposes. If you have a bunch of their junk, add the line 'Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover.'

Go back to your vacation and don't answer any unknown phone numbers.

Jim

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The salespeep have nothing to do with processing rescissions.
There are stories of them sitting on 'em until the time passed.
So, follow the instructions in your contract eggsactly as written.
Once you send your letter, just sit back and wait for it to happen.
Do not take calls from a sales-creep trying to save a commission.

Chad Mclaren

Reaction score
Thanks all. Still cant believe I was sucked in by this. I distinctly recall a southpark episode about timeshares.. I will have to go and rewatch it after I get my money back.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
grats on saving $7500!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We tempt fate sometimes by taking timeshare sales tours for freebies. One time The Chief Of Staff even whipped out her checkbook, before quickly coming to her senses & saying No Thanks. But so far we studiously avoid paying full freight for timeshares. Instead, we enjoy luxury timeshare vacation accommodations at Motel 6 & Super 8 rates by using our minimal eBay resale timeshare toe-hold into RCI Points for Last Call reservations & various special sales that come up regularly. So far, so good.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Family on vacation in orlando for Disney. We did the timeshare tour, not thinking I would get involved. I turned down their first two offers and 5 hours later I'm signing paperwork... After reading, I'm wondering if I made a big mistake.

Purchased 50k points/year for $7500. Holiday inn club vacation. Yearly maintenance fee is around $415.

I was sold on the fact that there seem to be a ton of places we can go through rci and that if you book within 30 days of your trip, you could get steep discounts on your points. My wife and I have very flexible schedules so I thought that sounded pretty good.

Anyway, I'm now wondering if that is a reasonable expectation or if this deal wasn't really a deal at all? Please advise.

If you're asking this question then you yourself know that you are questioning your decision. With that said, rescind while you still can.

You have plenty of time to study up and make an informed purchase at a later date if you still want to.

Chad Mclaren

Reaction score
Thanks again all. Just wanted to give a quick update. I sent in my rescission letter today along with all the promotional stuff they gave me. The $17 shipping was well worth saving $7500, not to mention that I will get my $100 back from listening to their spiel in the first place!