• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should I purchase at Westin Lagunamar or voluntary resort? [merged]

Veritoalsol

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are thinking at doing something similar to @byeloe - buying a 2 BRD LO at Lagunamar and look for points via an SVV resale. Given that some time has passed - it d be curious to see how happy the owners of resale units at Lagunamar are and if you're happy with your choice? In particular as the Marriott consolidation will happen sooner versus later...
Thank you!

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are thinking at doing something similar to @byeloe - buying a 2 BRD LO at Lagunamar and look for points via an SVV resale. Given that some time has passed - it d be curious to see how happy the owners of resale units at Lagunamar are and if you're happy with your choice? In particular as the Marriott consolidation will happen sooner versus later...
Thank you!

We are very happy Lagunamar resale owners, we love WLR for many reasons: pool (arguably one of the nicest in the whole Marriott/Vistana system), beach, views, location, restaurants in proximity, tours, overall cost, service, abundance of chairs at the pools and at the beach, free mini-golf (owners only), waterside, no mosquitoes, great internet just to name a few! As owners we have priority to the best units for the best views and the best availability. The availability does not seem to be an issue for booking with StarOptions right now (we also own a mandatory contract at SVV) but that may change if Marriott owners are allowed in the system so I am very happy to own my week(s) at Lagunamar directly. The first picture below was taken from the balcony!

1582122408660.png

1582122428410.png

1582122451420.png

1582122478717.png

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Thank you!
I haven’t been to WLR, but I’ve never heard a bad thing about it. Only great things. I’ve never been to Mexico so I can’t comment on that. But from the pictures and the reviews, I really need to use some of those SO I have to book into WLR.

as far as SVV resale, you can find them still. It’s an inexpensive buy in with a higher maint fee than say WKV. I’ve Been satisfied with my SVV mandatory resales. I’ve gone to the Atlantis multiple times for far less than the maint fees of owning there.

Veritoalsol

TUG Member
Reaction score
So i have this owner who tells me her unit is not through Vistana but II only - is that even possible? I am getting massively confused.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
So i have this owner who tells me her unit is not through Vistana but II only - is that even possible? I am getting massively confused.
What she probably means is that the unit, bought resale, does not participate in the Vistana internal truding but you can trade in Interval. Lagunamar is part of Vistana and you deal with them 80% of the time not directly with the resort

Last edited: