• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should I get out?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I once had a warrant issued for my arrest in California for stopping payment on 2 checks - true story.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would venture to guess it is because you did so after availing yourself of the services or property purchased. Agreed, that can get you in trouble. Denise, I didn't know you used to be a bad girl.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
I once had a warrant issued for my arrest in California for stopping payment on 2 checks - true story.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

are you a criminal.. or just mistaken for a criminal...:D

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I stand corrected, if by stopping payment you are effectively stealing merchandise (especially if serially), then yes, that's a problem. A single instance of stopping payment as part of a dispute is a civil matter, but not criminal.

BAB2K12

Reaction score
Thank you all for the information. I think we will just leave it as is and rely on the refund. Fortunately we are in a position that even if they cash the check and we are forced to wait for the refund it will not put us in a bind.

EileenL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stop payment on check - once it is cashed - you can not get it back - at least that is what I think I would do but there are more experienced people here on rescind - I never did one

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Stop payment on check - once it is cashed - you can not get it back - at least that is what I think...

And I knew someone who did just that, for what he thought was a very good reason, and he got a letter from the local prosecutor telling them to pay up or else. The prosecutor even acknowledged that the guy had a legitimate beef, but said he would have to make the check whole and then duke it out in court.

As we all know: "Two wrongs make a right." -- intentional fallacy.

BAB2K12

Reaction score
I confirmed today that both letters have been received. I have an email address for Loan Administration and a phone number for Contracts should I also contact either of those? In addition the check has been cashed, we elected not to cancel payment and wait for a refund.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I confirmed today that both letters have been received. I have an email address for Loan Administration and a phone number for Contracts should I also contact either of those? In addition the check has been cashed, we elected not to cancel payment and wait for a refund.
I think I'd call Contracts but if they put anyone on the phone from the sales dept., I would NOT speak with them. Just say to the Contracts person that you have rescinded within your legal time period and want a full refund of all the money you paid them. Ask when you can expect that refund. Keep it short and sweet.

Brerrabbit

Reaction score
Certified mail return receipt requested is a very good idea

And it will DEFINITELY count as prepaid postage.

Be sure the address is correct and typed or printed clearly on the envelope.

nshugg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker Hilton Head. Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
Maintenance Fees

The problem with every other year timeshares is that you pay maintenance fees every year. In essence you own half of an ownership.

The question is if you like where you were and want to go there every other year then you should be happy.

You paid a fair amount. The question is how much as your Maintenance fees.

Enjoy it forever!

My wife and I are traveling home from a lovely weekend get away to Pigeon Forge TN. While there we attended a time share presentation. This presentation was for Gold Crowne Resorts. Now driving home reading I am having concerns. We have 10 days to rescind so please tell me if we are getting raked over the coals. We purchased a 1BR unit at Surrey Inn. Which is 97,000 points every other year (odd). This includes 3 years Platinum membership to Interval International, 12 get away weeks a year(which we pay a small fee to use), the charter certificate which includes day use of the property once built, a trip to Branson, 2 free trips to Pigeon Forge and a cruise all for slightly over $10,000. Is this a fair deal?

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with every other year timeshares is that you pay maintenance fees every year. In essence you own half of an ownership. .......

I think this is a little unclear. An EOY timeshare should have MF due every other year, or in the alternative 1/2 the MF should be due every year.