• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Short stays RCI Points at Smugglers Notch

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We booked a couple of long weekends (2 nights Sun-Mon) for this year at Smuggs. I will probably book a third one today. I emailed the resort and they told me they waived the 1/4 rule for the RCI points exchanges so I do not have to worry about that.
So far we got units 28Z (Sycamores) and 28N (I do not know where it is, the resort is closed, it may be Sycamores as well)
The reservations will be for September, October (not booked yet) and late December.

I understand they might be a cleaning fee of $60. Interesting they first say "will be" than "may be"
"There will be a partial week housekeeping fee for bookings less than 6 nights.
Housekeeping fee for all RCI points reservations: There may be a fee of 60.00 U.S. dollars for 2 Bedroom units, weekly. Cash or Credit is accepted."

I also see a resort fee between 25-60 dollars.

"Resort amenities fee is 25.00 to 65.00 U.S. dollars. Cash or Credit is accepted.
Includes wireless internet and other services. The Resort Fee will be collected upon check-in."

Is this fee prorated if you stay for just 2 nights? Can you avoid it the second/third time if you already have the RFID card? I do not need the resort internet, we will use our cellular data.
Anything else we should know about RCI Points reservations at Smuggs? By the way, I do not see short term discounted stays. Are the discounts generally just for 7 night stays?