• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Short stay at Fiesta Los Cabos

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Just finishing up a short stay at Fiesta Americana in Cabo San Lucas. I booked an off-season studio for a whopping 640 points. A little cash at the front desk got us into a beautiful one bedroom.

I can't say enough good things about this resort. The staff, service, pools, food. Everything is wonderful.

b7a0722d18c9560150b1a03ad631af2f.jpg

Our view

ac90b368d8f7944b92aa852ac4109e0b.jpg

Poolside.

We will return. This is a great use of HGVC points and a perfect place to celebrate our One Year Anniversary!

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Looks great! I definitely need to go there sometime!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Happy Anniversary!

Well played on the upgrade, nice view!

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nice! Glad to hear you like it. Your pics look much better than the ones on HGVC's websites.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Nice little snorkeling reef out front too.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you do the all Inclusive?

I was looking into this resort and am trying to figure out what is/isn't included in that all inclusive rate and was wondering what your experience was.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
How difficult was it to get the reservation? Can you compare the quality of the property to the Big Island properties (plus any other common frame of reference we have?)

I'm very intrigued and have thought of this property for a quick getaway also, but had doubts.

Thx for your comments and pics - it looks terrific.

Best,

Greg

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That looks great. Is the water warmer than it is back here?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Totally easy to get the reservation Greg. I just called and booked it over the phone. I tried some other resorts first but most I found were all weeks and I as just staying 3 nights.

It easily compares to the top of the HGVC properties and I'd say the service is even better because it's more hotel-like.

There is a shuttle that runs from the resort to the mall in downtown Cabo San Lucas. It's $12pp round trip. A cab ride one way is $25. There are rental cars on property.

We were offered the all-inclusive option. It is not mandatory for HGVC guests. Off season all-inclusive was offered at $75pp per day. We did not take it because we were meeting friends in town one day and went fishing another day. That price isn't too bad if you are planning just to hang at the resort all day and like to eat and drink poolside. We always knew which people were on the plan! Hiccup!

I did talk to one couple who were FA owners. Most were exchangers staying for a week. I didn't find any other HGVC owners. Everyone we talked to loved the resort and the experience.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Totally easy to get the reservation Greg. I just called and booked it over the phone. I tried some other resorts first but most I found were all weeks and I as just staying 3 nights.

It easily compares to the top of the HGVC properties and I'd say the service is even better because it's more hotel-like.

There is a shuttle that runs from the resort to the mall in downtown Cabo San Lucas. It's $12pp round trip. A cab ride one way is $25. There are rental cars on property.

We were offered the all-inclusive option. It is not mandatory for HGVC guests. Off season all-inclusive was offered at $75pp per day. We did not take it because we were meeting friends in town one day and went fishing another day. That price isn't too bad if you are planning just to hang at the resort all day and like to eat and drink poolside. We always knew which people were on the plan! Hiccup!

I did talk to one couple who were FA owners. Most were exchangers staying for a week. I didn't find any other HGVC owners. Everyone we talked to loved the resort and the experience.

Wow -- that's terrific, and that's a great endorsement on the quality of the property. I believe you've been to Kings Land and HHV Lagoon (plus the Carlsbad properties), and the fact that it compares favorably to these properties really bodes well.

This is a place I've wanted to take Jonell but didn't know if it would be consistent with our previous experiences. I'm very happy to hear that it is a winner.

Any issues getting to/from the airport? And did you eat mostly on-site or did you go into town for dinners? Thanks very much!

Best,

Greg

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Wow -- that's terrific, and that's a great endorsement on the quality of the property. I believe you've been to Kings Land and HHV Lagoon (plus the Carlsbad properties), and the fact that it compares favorably to these properties really bodes well.

This is a place I've wanted to take Jonell but didn't know if it would be consistent with our previous experiences. I'm very happy to hear that it is a winner.

Any issues getting to/from the airport? And did you eat mostly on-site or did you go into town for dinners? Thanks very much!

Best,

Greg

We pre-arranged transportation through Cielito Lindo. You still have to walk the green mile through the time-share squawkers. They are confined to one room at the airport and they will say ANYTHING to get you to talk to them. Such as: "I work for the airport" "I can take you to Fiesta Americana" I was walking toward the exit and one guy said I was walking the wrong way. I looked at this shirt and could see he worked for another resort.

Just put your head down and walk out the exit and don't talk to anyone until you're outside. We were picked up by a nice man in a comfy, new Suburban and transported to Fiesta with a complimentary beer in hand.

Our dining choices were a mixture. We ate beachside at the ceviché place a couple of times. There are also pool side burgers.

We had our anniversary dinner at Rosato which is the Italian place on site and the food was excellent. There is also an Argentine steak house and a Mexican place on site. There is a sushi bar near the lobby.

We were handed plenty of free margaritas during our stay even though we weren't all the all-inclusive.

Maria wanted to go to Cabo Wabo one day for lunch in town and we also ate dockside fish tacos at a place in the Marina.

There is a huge Mega store near the airport and a Wal Mart and Costco closer to town. Since our stay was so short, we bought coffee and milk and a few items in the market on property.

I'm glad some HGVCers are interested in this thread. This is a gem that probably gets overlooked because you can't see it online. Los Cabos is such an easy trip for anyone in SoCal, it is a must visit.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Best,

Greg

Not buzz but I'll add our Cabo tips...

We always use Cielito Lindo to/from the airport. You'll see their name mentioned all over the place. Here's the email address that I have for them: cielitolindo2007@gmail.com

We usually go into town for dinner but this resort is a bit far for frequent trips. Our favorite restaurants are Maria Corona, The Office, and Alcaravea - all for different reasons. Maria Corona has great Mexican food, The Office is fun and we take their panga to Lovers Beach and the arch, and Alcaravea has an excellent chef.

Cabo is an excellent getaway from San Diego. Alaska has relatively inexpensive fares and direct 2 hour flights. We either go there or to Palm Desert for quick getaways.

Lolol...we posted at the same time! Great minds and all that. :)

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you both!

We've been to Cabo once and really enjoyed it, but the place we stayed was a hotel that was too pricey for regular trips, and I've been curious about Fiesta Americana as an alternative. Very happy to see the positive feedback on it. Thanks again!

Best,

Greg

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Thank you both!

We've been to Cabo once and really enjoyed it, but the place we stayed was a hotel that was too pricey for regular trips, and I've been curious about Fiesta Americana as an alternative. Very happy to see the positive feedback on it. Thanks again!

Best,

Greg

It has a kids club too in case you want to take the curtain shredders along.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
That looks great. Is the water warmer than it is back here?

It was really warm. All those tropical fish around the rocks seemed to like it.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for sharing. This sounds like a terrific option because flights to Hawaii can be very expensive.

Can you drink the water at the hotel? How about at restaurants in town?

Can you eat salads and fresh fruits and vegetables that may have been washed in the water? Are the street vendors sanitary?

(I haven't traveled to Mexico (Mazatlan) since a college spring break trip almost 30 years ago so perhaps my expectations of Mexico are out of date.)

Would love an update.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Thanks for sharing. This sounds like a terrific option because flights to Hawaii can be very expensive.

Can you drink the water at the hotel? How about at restaurants in town?

Can you eat salads and fresh fruits and vegetables that may have been washed in the water? Are the street vendors sanitary?

(I haven't traveled to Mexico (Mazatlan) since a college spring break trip almost 30 years ago so perhaps my expectations of Mexico are out of date.)

Would love an update.

I assume you can at the hotel but I didn't. We bought bottled water.

My wife loves salads but I cautioned her against it.

Cooked food and beer! Well, ceviche is good too.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I assume you can at the hotel but I didn't. We bought bottled water.

My wife loves salads but I cautioned her against it.

Cooked food and beer! Well, ceviche is good too.

What about those margaritas? No ice?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We had ice at Fiesta. In town I drank beer. Cabo San Lucas has a modern water system and you shouldn't have any trouble.

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's all so great to hear! I own FAVC Cabo (and Cancun) along with my HGVC Flamingo and I've not been there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
The water is desalinated sea water so it is safe.

It's safe to have ice and vegetables because of this. I go down every year and use ice, eat vegetables and fruit and drink the water. I've haven't had a problem yet.

Most of the resorts have room service and daily cleaning too. I thought that was normal until I went to an HGVC in Vegas!

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The water is desalinated sea water so it is safe.

It's safe to have ice and vegetables because of this. I go down every year and use ice, eat vegetables and fruit and drink the water. I've haven't had a problem yet.

Most of the resorts have room service and daily cleaning too. I thought that was normal until I went to an HGVC in Vegas!

That's interesting.

Is it Fiesta's own system or is it part of a larger system in Los Cabos?

We were in the shuttle with a guy who was the lone survivor in his traveling party of 8. The other 7 were sick. He said they were drinking the tap water.

I'm always cautious. No tap water. No Salad.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
That's interesting.

Is it Fiesta's own system or is it part of a larger system in Los Cabos?

I was told it was the whole town area. They said all the hotels had plants as well.

I've been going down a couple of times a year for about 10 years. I drink tap water, use ice, eat salads and fruit, etc. I haven't seen anyone who'd been sick. I have never had a problem, nor have my guests.

I probably will now! :doh: